How To Delete All Unread Emails In Gmail In A Single Click?
Selecting the entire unread messages or emails in Gmail once at a time and deleting them just in a single click is not a piece of cake. However, a cluttered inbox can kill your Gmail account’s productivity and possibly lead to missing out on a couple of important messages. That’s why, one day you decide to flush the unread emails completely from Gmail despite archiving them. Unfortunately, you are not enough proficient and looking to learn How To Delete All Unread Emails In Gmail.
In this guide, we’ve got you covered with all the feasible directives to vanish the emails within a jiffy. Thus, keep reading to streamline your inbox by cleaning all the unread emails in one go.
Why Should We Have To Delete Unread Emails?
Imagine, unknowingly on average 121 people knocking on your door by sending emails per day. Routine-wisely receiving 121 emails is so headache and terrific as you don’t have time to read them all and reply to each one’s email.
So, after a certain period, your inbox is bombarded with loads of unnecessary emails which are remained unread. Thereafter, you have to take a decision to get them all removed from your Inbox as quickly as possible. Doing this will be helpful in freeing-up some space and thus can efficiently receive new emails from your clients.
Also Read : How to Mass Delete Emails on Gmail
How To Delete Unread Emails In Gmail In a Quick Way – Complete Guide
Here’s how you can use your browser to access Gmail and instantly discard unread emails in mass. Therefore, go through the given course of actions and filter your inbox effortlessly and proactively:
- Launch Gmail using your preferred web browser.
- Login to your Gmail account providing the correct credentials (Email Address & Password)
- Now, click on the “Search in the mail” box at the top of the Gmail interface, type “is: unread” and then hit the “Enter” key.
- After doing so all your unread emails will be displayed.
- At the top-right corner of the Gmail interface, you could see a statement that says something like “1-50 of many < >.” This indicates all the 50 unread emails are currently visible on the page and by clicking on the sign “>” you can move on to the next 50 unread emails.
- Now, click on the dropdown and select either “All” or “Unread” from the menu.
- On that page, all 50 conversations will be selected in a pinch.
- After that, press the “Delete” icon at the top of the list of icons appearing horizontally.
- Finally, all 50 conversations were directly moved to the Trash folder.
How To Delete All Unread Emails In Gmail From Trash Folder?
However, the messages or emails that you have recently deleted will land in the Trash folder. All those 50 conversations will appear in Trash. You can repeat the same steps if you have more than 50 unread emails. Emails in Trash will automatically be removed just after 30 days.
In case, you would like to empty your trash right now or Delete All Unread Emails permanently, then perform the following set of instructions:
- First, click on the “^ More” tab and select the “Trash” option from the appeared list.
- After that, check the box next to the dropdown arrow. This will only select the 50 unread conversations which are currently appearing on the Gmail interface page.
- Click on “Select all conversations in Trash” if you want to empty the entire emails that appeared in Trash.
- Now, click on the “Delete forever” tab that appeared next to the checkbox at the top.
- A Pop-up will suddenly appear asking if you are sure you want to continue deleting the chosen unread emails.
- On the pop-up windowpane, hit the “OK” blue button to confirm emptying the Trash.
Congratulations! Entire conversations have been deleted forever. You can see no conversations in Trash.
Remember: Gmail can only display a certain number of emails at a time, the actual limit is 50. Also, the deleted emails will be moved to the Trash bin only for 30 days. Thereafter, they will be permanently deleted in mass forever.
Also Read : How to Delete Old Emails in Gmail
How To Delete All Unread Emails In Gmail On iPhone – A Quick Procedure
Beneath, you will learn How To Delete All Unread Emails In Gmail On iPhone. So, follow the tips to soon delete the unread email in batches:
- First, open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Next, log in to your Gmail account.
- Now, click on the “Hamburger menu in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Afterward, slightly scroll down to opt for the “Settings” option.
- Now, swipe down and click on the “Inbox Type” tab.
- From the appeared menu, tap “Unread first.”
- Then, press the “Done” tab.
- Now, the entire unread emails will appear on the screen.
- Now, select the emails that are shown unread and click on the “Delete” icon.
- All the deleted emails will be moved to the “Bin” folder.
- To permanently delete the emails, select the “Bin” folder from the hamburger menu.
- Then, click on “Empty bin now.”
- A pop-up appears asking if you are sure you really want to permanently delete all items.
- Click “OK.” Within a minute, all the emails that have been transferred to Bin will be removed completely. Now, nothing will be in Bin.
How To Delete All Unread Emails In Gmail On Android – Stepwise Guide
You can see multiple unread emails in Gmail and need to remove them right now to enhance the email deliverability. Following are recommended steps to soon Delete All Unread Emails In Gmail On Android. Let’s have a glance and begin to perform:
- Launch the Gmail app on your Android Phone. Make sure the Gmail application is updated.
- Now, click on the icon of hamburger at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the “Settings” tab by gradually scrolling down to the menu.
- Now, opt for the Gmail account you access for deleting unread items.
- Beneath the Inbox folder, click on “Inbox Type.”
- Then, select the toggle button next to “Unread first.”
- Now, go back to the Gmail main screen page and click on the “Unread” folder that appeared beneath “Inbox.”
- Now, long press on the very first email to make a checkmark.
- Then, start making a selection of all the unread emails by giving a single click on them.
- Now, tap on the “Delete” icon at the top right
- The entire selected unread emails will be deleted and moved to the Trash folder.
- After 30 days they will automatically be disappeared from Trash.
- To instantly remove the trashed items, go to the “Trash” folder and click on “Empty trash now.”
- A pop-up appears asking if a limited number of conversations will be permanently deleted.
- Click “Empty” to flush entire emails present in Trash.
For Further Assistance, Avail 24×7 Gmail Support Online Service
Hope, you found this documentary post productive and know How To Delete All Unread Emails In Gmail. You can now delete all your emails/messages/items that are left unread in your Gmail account. Without suffering from any technical glitches, your unread emails will be removed permanently in a quick and efficient way. Howsoever, after clearing your email, you will have immense space to frequently receive urgent emails in Gmail.
But, in case, you need additional help, feel free to avail the top-notch 24×7 Gmail Support Online Service at a reasonable cost. Our well-educated and extremely talented tech geeks will lend you a hand in removing unread emails.
1. How Do I Mass Delete All Unread Emails In The Gmail App?
Unfortunately, there is no way to Mass Delete All Unread Emails In The Gmail App. Whether you use iPhone or Smartphone, all you need is a browser app to access your Gmail account. Otherwise, you have to click on “Unread first”, tap the “Unread” folder, and then select the emails one by one to trash them.
2. Can I Mass Delete Emails In Gmail?
Of course! You can Mass Delete Emails In Gmail but only when you launch a browser on your computer despite launching Gmail app on iPhone or Android. Here’s how you can delete thousands of emails in Gmail:
- On Gmail, type “is:unread” (without quotes.)
- Select all the unread emails by checking the boxes or clicking “All” from the checkbox menu.
- Now, click the “Trash” icon.