Ways to Change or Reset Gmail Password
Changing or resetting your Gmail account password is quite simple and easy. The situation may come to Reset Gmail Password when you have forgotten the password or else you suspect that someone has hacked your Gmail account.
In most cases, you can change your password or reset it by simply answering the series of security questions or by requesting an email to send a password reset link. Whatever the operating device you are using for Gmail, the forgotten password will effort-freely be recovered and thereafter you can use your Gmail account for sending/receiving personal and professional emails.
Several Hands-free Ways To Reset Gmail Password
You can reset your password directly through the system or application you are using. To learn how to efficiently Reset Gmail Password, keep your eyes feast on the below direction:
Way 1: Reset Gmail Password Through Verification Code
You can reset your password by simply getting a verification code on your mobile number. Here is the step to do the same:
- First, you have to navigate to the Google Accounts login page
- Next, you need to enter your email address or phone number in the given field and then tap “Next”
- Then, enter your password whatever you remember in the Password field and then tap on the “Sign-in” button
- If your password is incorrect, you will receive a message saying “Wrong password. Try again or click Forgot password to reset it”
- So, in the next step if you don’t remember your password, don’t waste your time. Just click on the “Forgot password” link
- By clicking on forgot password link, you will be prompted to ‘Enter the last password you remember’ page. So, type the password in the field and click the “Next” button
- In the next step, you need to get a verification code either by text message or phone call. You will receive the code on the mobile number which you have given at the time of account creation. So, make sure that number is active
- Either of the selected options, you will receive a code that you have to enter in the text box and then click the “Next” button
- After doing that, the next window will open on the screen. There you have to create a new password. While building a password, make sure you have never used it before. Means your new password must be unique
- Re-type your password in the “Confirm password” box and then tap on the “Change password” button
- Once you properly go through the on-screen prompted instructions, your Gmail password will definitely be reset
Way 2: Enter The Last Correct Password
Recover your password by just entering the last correct password. Here is how to do:
- Go to the Google Account login page and enter your email address and click “Next”
- Click the “forgot password?” link
- Enter the last password you remember for your Gmail account and then click “Next”
- If what you entered is correct, you will be able to reset your new password. Then follow the instructions display on the screen to recover your Gmail account
- This’s a somehow easy way to get back your account
If it’s not an option for you, try other ways.
Way 3: Enter The Time When You Created Your Gmail Account
If the above methods don’t work to recover the account, don’t be upset. If you know the time when you created your Gmail account, you can try this method:
- Go to the Google Account Recovery page, enter the email address and click “Next”
- Now, tap “Forgot password?”
- Ignore the options that don’t work for you by clicking Try another way or I don’t have my phone until you see the page: When did you create this Google Account?
- Enter the correct Month and Year when you first time created this Gmail account, and click NEXT
- You’ll be guided to reset a password for your Gmail account. Follow the instructions by Google to Reset Gmail Password.
Way 4: Receive A Verification Code Via Recover Email
- Navigate to the Google Account recovery page, then enter your email address and click “Next”
- Click “Forgot password?”
- Do not pay attention to the options that don’t work for you by clicking Try another way or I don’t have my phone until you see the page: To get verification code by recovery email address
- Now, enter your Recovery email address and click SEND (You’ll get a hint for the recovery email by reading To get a verification code, first confirm the recovery email address you added to your account xxx…@xx.xxx)
- Doing that, you will receive a verification message in your recovery email inbox
- Open the mail that you receive from Google and note the verification code
- Enter that code in the given box and then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the verification steps and reset your Gmail password
Way 5: Answer The Security Question
Another easy way to Reset Gmail Password is to answer the security question added to your account. Follow the below steps for this:
- Navigate to the Gmail Account login page, enter your email address and tap “Next”
- Click the “Forgot password” link
- Ignore the options that don’t work for you by clicking Try another way or I don’t have my phone until you reach the page where you can answer the security question you added earlier to your account
- Enter the answer to your security question in the desired box and then tap “Next”
- Follow the on-screen wizard to finally Reset Gmail Email Password.
Consult To Dexterous Techies For One-Stop Solution
If none of the above ways is beneficial for you in resetting your Gmail account password, then contact our Gmail support experts or dial the helpline number. One of the top-most qualified tech-savvy will answer your call sooner and provide you doorstep solution with ease. In a quick, your Gmail account will be recovered for sure.