Resolve Apple Mail Not Syncing with Gmail Problem
The default mail from Apple, Apple Mail, is capable of connecting accounts from various mail servers. Many people connect their Gmail to it for better email management. However, when they find Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail, it becomes an annoying situation. Difficulty in syncing Apple Mail with G suite is a common complaint from many users. You may find an error message saying that Google needs to complete authentication in Safari.
Many iPhone users also report their messages not syncing on their devices. But don’t feel worried. Just read this entire post to be able to fix this syncing glitch easily.
Related Post:- Why Apple Mail Search Not Working
Causes for Apple Mail Not Syncing with Gmail
There can be numerous factors leading up to the synchronization problem. Take a look at all of them so you can understand the issue better.
- There is a server issue.
- An obsolete IMAP is creating syncing problems.
- The settings are wrong, disturbing the synchronization process.
- You are using an old version of Gmail or Apple Mail. You need to update your apps.
- You have not enabled Gmail for Apple Mail.
- The iOS version of your iPhone needs an update.
Related Post:- Why Mac Mail Keeps Crashing
Methods to Fix Mac Mail Not Syncing to Gmail
You can use certain tricks to fix the syncing problem if you are using your mobile or laptop. They are explained in detail in the succeeding sections.
Configure the Security Settings of Gmail on a PC
There can be a settings issue at the end of Gmail. You can check and modify the settings to commence syncing.
- Head to the My Account page of Google. Click this link to go to the page.
- You will find a menu on the left part. Find and tap the ‘Security‘ option.
- On the next page, find the option ‘Less secure app access.’
- You’ll notice that the access is set to ‘Off.’ It is the default configuration.
- You should turn it on.
- Now inspect your email status. It should be fine.
Sign in As a Test User
It is not a common solution to use when you find Apple Mail not syncing. Nevertheless, it allows you to fix the glitch for some time in case of server problems. Here are the steps you must stick to.
- Firstly, navigate to the area of ‘System Preferences on your Mac.
- In this section, locate the ‘Users and Groups option.
- Now make a new test user.
- Now you need to sign out of your device. After some time, sign back in. Remember to log in through the test user just created.
- Skip the installments of every app.
- Sign into your account precisely as you are requested.
Permit Less Secure Apps in Gmail
Google deems non-Google applications as unsafe. So, it prevents Gmail from connecting with them. You can fix the Gmail sync issue in Apple Mail by enabling this setting. Follow these points.
- Sign into your Google account.
- After that, tap the ‘Manage Your Google Account‘ option.
- Head to the category of ‘Security.’
- The option to enable less secure apps will be turned off. So click the ‘Turn on access‘ option.
- Shift the toggle to give permission to a less secure app.
- You will find the status as ‘ON.’
Delete and Set up Your Account Again
Have none of the resolutions worked for you, and you still find Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail? In this scenario, the best way is to delete the account and configure it with Apple Mail again. This action on your part will eliminate the hints of account configuration completely. However, don’t think that your data and emails will also be gone. They will remain safe like before.
Enable Gmail for Apple Mail on Your iPhone
A common cause for syncing problems in iPhones is Gmail being switched off for Apple Mail. Enable Gmail for Apple Mail with these points.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings‘ of your iPhone.
- Scroll down and touch ‘Mail.’
- Choose ‘Accounts.
- Tap your Google email address on the screen.
- Tap the toggle to turn on the ‘Mail‘ option for the Gmail ID you have.
- Exit the ‘Settings‘ application.
- Head to ‘Mail‘ and check the status of the issue.
Examine the Push Setting
Often, the wrong push setting stops the messages from syncing properly. You must enable this setting manually. Otherwise, you will keep facing syncing issues between Apple Mail and Gmail. Here is the method to manually enable push.
- As the first step, open ‘Settings.’
- Next, locate the ‘Passwords & Account‘ option. It is present in the menu list.
- Look for ‘Fetch New Data.’
- After that, select ‘Gmail.’
- Now you must tap on the ‘Fetch‘ option.
- Navigate to your Apple Mail.
- Refresh the inbox mail list.
Restart Your Apple Mail App by Force Quitting It
When you find Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail on your iPhone, try restarting the Mail app. It is an effective measure that has resolved the syncing glitch for many users.
This action provides the Mail app with a new start on your device. Force quitting can be easily performed using these pointers.
- Head to the iPhone’s Screen.
- Now, swipe up from the end of it and hold.
- You will find all the applications operating in the background on your screen.
- Touch on swipe up from the Mail application screen. It will remove the app from the background.
- Now open your Mail app.
- You won’t find any synchronization problems now.
Update Your iOS Version
This is usually the last technique we recommend to fix the syncing glitch. When you update your iOS version, you allow yourself to use a brand-new version of system apps. The new version also gets you rid of bugs and security loopholes.
- Launch the ‘Settings app.
- Next, scroll and tap ‘General.’
- Now touch ‘Software Update.’
- Download and install any available update.
- Restart your iPhone and reopen the Mail application.
Use these measures when you notice your Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail. All of them will fix the internal settings problem that is preventing your Mac Mail from synchronizing messages with Gmail. Ensure to back up your Gmail data before using these fixes. If you have any doubts, contact an expert email support service.