How to Fix Thunderbird Email Not Working Error?
Loaded with numerous features, Thunderbird is one of the best email applications available for the user. The best thing about using Thunderbird email is that users can customize it as per their requirements. The email service comes with beautiful themes and enticing extensions. The privacy and security settings in Thunderbird email are coupled with the latest technology to share the best and most secure User experience. Features like do not track, remote content blocking, makes the Thunderbird one of the safest platforms for communication. However, like any other application or software, Thunderbird email is also prone to many technical troubles. One of the most common problems faced by the users is Thunderbird email not working.
Fortunately, you can easily simplify the problem following some easy troubleshooting steps. In this guide, we are going to provide you with easy instructions that will help you to resolve the Thunderbird email not working problem on your device. Keep reading, and find simple steps to get rid of the error.
Also Check:- How to Backup Thunderbird Emails And Profile?
Thunderbird Email Not Working. How to Fix It?
No application or software is secure from technical hiccups and downtime. If your Thunderbird email stopped working, and you are experiencing trouble in sending or receiving the emails, the following troubleshooting steps can help you to fix it.
1. Check the Thunderbird Password
The first and foremost thing you need to do to troubleshoot the Thunderbird email not working error is to check the password. Sometimes, the user uses the wrong password due to which they are unable to access the email services. To check the password.
- Open the web browser, go to gmail.com.
- Here, type the email id and password.
- If you have entered the wrong password, you will be prompted to reset it.
- You can simply click on the ‘forgot email’ option, and reset the password.
2. Check the Server Settings
In case your password is correct and you are still having Thunderbird email problems, you need to check the server settings. To check server settings, proceed with the steps below.
- Tap on the email account on which you are experiencing technical trouble.
- Click on the ‘options’. Go to the ‘account settings.
- Select ‘server settings’.
- To make sure that you have entered the correct information, have a look at the following details in your email account.
- The domain name must be (mail.example.com). Here the server name is mail.
- The port number should be 993 for IMAP settings. And, for POP settings, it should be 995.
- The Connection Security must be set as ‘TLS/SSL’.
- The username must be the complete email address of the user.
- For authentication, you need to enter the password.
Note: – You may receive a warning message indicating that the server does not support encryption due to some security issues. This could be the reason that Thunderbird email is not responding to your queries and making the communication vulnerable. You need to fix this trouble by following the steps below.
Modify the Settings
- When you receive a warning message, you will see the “change settings” button. Click on the button.
- Change ‘security connection’ to ‘SSL/ TLS’.
- Set port number as 993.
- Set authentication method to ‘normal password’.
Once you have made the changes, relaunch the Thunderbird on your device.
Still Unable to Send or Receive Emails on Thunderbird?
There could be numerous reasons due to your Thunderbird email not working like incorrect server settings, antivirus program installed, or problem with Internet Service Provider. Let’s proceed with the steps below to find how you can fix it.
1. Check IMAP Settings
For receiving the email messages, your email required IMAP settings. Check the IMAP settings to make sure that everything is correct.
- Open your email.
- Go to the ‘account settings.
- Click on the ‘server setting’.
Make sure that you are using 993 port, ‘normal password’, and SSL/ TLS.
2. Check SMTP Settings
For sending the messages, your email required the SMTP settings. To check the SMTP settings, proceed with the steps below.
- Go to the ‘account settings’ section.
- Click on the ‘outgoing server’.
Make sure that you are using ‘587’ sport, connection security as ‘none’, and ‘normal password’.
3. Whitelist Thunderbird Email in Antivirus
If everything is fine and your Thunderbird email is still not working, it might be because of the antivirus and Firewall installed in your device. You need to whitelist the Thunderbird email in your antivirus to continue using the services. Here are the steps to follow.
In Windows security
- Go to the settings.
- Choose ‘update and security’.
- Select ‘Windows security’.
- Choose ‘marriage settings’ in the ‘virus and threat protection’.
- Select ‘add or remove exclusion’.
- Choose Thunderbird.
For Windows firewall
- In the windows search bar, type firewall.
- Choose, ‘allow an app through the firewall’.
- Click on ‘Change settings.
- Hit the ‘allow another app’ and add the Thunderbird.
4. Update the Thunderbird
The outdated Thunderbird version can also be the reason that Thunderbird email stopped working. If you want to continue using the Thunderbird email services, it is necessary for you to update the Thunderbird application. The following steps can help you to update the Thunderbird.
- Run the Thunderbird application.
- Go to the ‘Help’ menu.
- Click on the ‘about Thunderbird’ option.
- The software will check for updates.
- Click on ‘restart Thunderbird’, once the update is ready for installation.
5. Reinstall Thunderbird
If none of the above steps are helping you to fix the Thunderbird email not working error on your device, then your application might be corrupted. You can easily fix the problem by reinstalling the Thunderbird application on your device. Although, some registry entries all files main left Behind buy Thunderbird application after an installation. These files can cause you trouble in the future, so it is suggested to remove these files from the device.
Hopefully, the above steps will help you to troubleshoot the Thunderbird email not working error on the device. If you are still unable to use the Thunderbird email services, it is recommended to contact the email support professionals and get a piece of expert advice to fix the problem immediately. The experts are available around the clock, so you can contact them whenever you want to get immediate assistance.