Change Or Reset AOL Mail Password | Step-By-Step Guide
You can be frustrated when you eagerly want to login to AOL Mail but unfortunately, you don’t remember the password. So, in this condition, you need to Reset AOL Mail Password. You don’t know how to do it, read the blog post. This teaches!
Your login credential allows you to access your AOL Mail account and use every AOL service hands-freely. But what if when you are unable to login to AOL Mail? However, despite being connected to the internet server appropriately and entering the correct email address, you can’t log in.
Now, you should know what is wrong? Yes, maybe your password is incorrect. Before entering the password you must see the caps-lock key once and ensure it is turned off while inserting the password as the password is case-sensitive.
If you are yet unable to login, it is possible that you have forgotten your password and need to Reset AOL Mail Password as soon as possible. Resetting a password will surely get back to your AOL account and further can hassle-freely send/receive emails or messages.
Also See: How To Fix AOL email Login Problems?
Try Your Browser First To Reset AOL Mail Password
The newest version of internet browsers having an auto-fill feature that helps users to obtain their lost password. When you enter your username and password the first time on the site, the browser generally presents a popup window that asks whether you want to save the log-in detail. So, you may have saved your credential using this function, in which case the browser fills in the password field automatically when open the AOL login page. If not, double-click the Password text box to display matching passwords in a drop-down menu and then choose the right password.
Alternatively, check the browser’s help site to find out where to go in the browser settings to identify the password where it is stored, how to retrieve it, and how to toggle the feature on or off. In case, you haven’t saved your password in your browser, try to Reset AOL Mail Password for account recovery.
Effective Ways To Reset AOL Mail Password
There are a couple of ways to recover your lost password easily. Here are the guides you have to go through one by one in a proper manner. Let’s give a glance and begin the process stepwise:
- Firstly, go to the AOL Sign-in page
- Next, you have to enter your AOL Username and then click “Next”
- Now, whatever the password you remember right now type it into the given field and then click “Sign-in”
- By doing this you, incorrect username or password message will display on the screen
- After that, you need to click on the “I forgot my password” link
- Now, enter your username and press “Next”
- Enter the mobile number that you have given at the time of account creation for verification
- Afterward, click the “Next” button too
- To verify your identity, you need to enter a verification code. For receiving such code you have to choose either “Yes, text me a verification code” or “Call me with a verification code”
- Enter the verification code that you received by text message or phone call
- And then choose the “Verify” option
- Next, create a new strong password that you want to use further and type it into the required password field
- Then, tap the “Save” button
- Your AOL Mail account will now be successfully logged in using the new password
Tips To Remember Password
As we have seen how stressful a situation is when forgetting the password of the AOL Mail account. Therefore, once you reset your password with the help of the above guidelines, write it down somewhere or store it in a password manager to never forget it. Although, several secure options are available, from storing them in a browser to downloading third-party programs. Double-check any method you use to be sure the password is stored in an encrypted format so that any stalkers can’t decode them easily.
Tips For Creating Secure And Strong Password
Keep the following tips in your mind while resetting the password:
- Avoid using any common things, such as 123456 or ‘my password
- The longer the password, the stronger will it be
- Avoid using consecutive letters or not follow an obvious pattern, such as the four corners of the phone keypad
- Don’t use the same password that you use on a different site. Make each password for each site unique
- Don’t create a password on personal details such as birthdates, addresses, and contact numbers
- Change your password usually
Steps To Change Your AOL Account Password
If you suspect that someone is trying to hack your account, immediately change your password to something stronger and difficult to assume. To change the password, guides are listed below. You simply have to follow them:
- Open a web browser first on your computer system, then log in to AOL with your AOL username or phone number and your current password
- Tap on your name placed in the upper-right corner of the screen to open your account information page
- Go to the left panel and select the “Account Security” option
- Go to the “How you sign in” section and choose the “Change password” option
- Enter a new password in the New password field and again type your newly created password in the “Confirm new password” text box to ensure you type correctly
- Now, select “Continue”
- If the password looks good, the change is done. You are given a chance to add a recovery email address or recovery phone number, which is recommended but not actually necessary to do so
Contact To Tech-Specialists For Instant Quality Support
If you still unable to login into your AOL Mail account even after resetting the password or make changes in the current password, don’t feel blue! We have a AOL email support team who will assist you. Make a single call on the helpline number which is accessing 24 hours 7 days a week continuously for your better help.