The decision to Reset Live.Com Email Password can only be taken in the situation when you can’t sign in to your Microsoft account due to entering an incorrect password. You may try hard to remember the password but unfortunately, because of having various email accounts, all the passwords have gone mismatched.
Despite the reason for forgetting the password, the two-step verification is turned on. And traveling or using the device could also be the main cause of trouble in signing in to the Microsoft account. Whatever the factors could be for not opening your Microsoft account, will easily be wiped out from the root when you walk through the post. We compiled many different ways in order to recover the lost password or get your account accessible back. Therefore, without wasting your time, let’s focus on the given points.
Here are a couple of tips to quickly get back to your account:
- In case you know your real password but still can’t log in, then you have to ensure while typing the password that Caps Lock is not ON and that your email address is spelled correctly.
- Clear your browser history, delete all the cache files and then try again to sign in to your account. Moreover, you can also use different internet browsers for accessing your Microsoft account.
If these don’t help for your account recovery, try the below options.
Several Ways To Reset Live.Com Email Password
In order to Reset Live.Com Email Password, there are several possible ways you should try for the same. Check out the password recovery process listed underneath:
1: If Forgot Your Live.com Email Password And Unable To Remember It
In this condition, you require to do for Account Live.Com Password Reset to simply go through the below provided instructions step-wise in a correct way. Let’s follow:
- First, lunch the “Reset your password” page
- Choose the reason why you need your Account Live.Com/Password Reset, then tap “Next”
- Enter the email address, phone number, or Skype ID whatever you used before while creating your Microsoft account password. The email address could be any ending with a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com
- Enter the characters you see on the screen to verify that you are not a robot and then tap “Next”
- If you are having security info on your account, a one-time code will be sent to the alternate phone number or email address you chose. Once you enter that verification code, the next window to create a new password will pop-up
- By following the on-screen guidelines you can effort freely create a new strong password and use it for accessing your Microsoft account
If You Won’t Receive A Security Code:
There may come a time when you don’t get a security code on your alternate mobile phone or email address. So, in that situation, you need to give some basic information on yours that you answered at the time of account creation. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- You need to click on the link “I didn’t get a code” when you’re prompted for a code in sign-in or click on “I don’t have access to these” when you are trying for Live.Com Password Reset
- After that, you may be asked to fill out the inquiry form. You’ll generally be asked for info, like the subject lines of the email you recently sent from your account, your date of birth, card info, and other details only you would know. It is not necessary to know every answer, and it’s also ok to be close if you don’t know the right answer
With this above info, your Account Live.Com/Password Reset with ease.
2: If Change The Settings Of “Two-step Verification”
Sometimes changing settings in your account can affect signing-in to Microsoft account, hence resetting the password won’t be the solution. So, if you have two-step verification turned on and an app isn’t prompting you to enter a security code when sign-in, then you will be able to freely sign in with an app password instead. Therefore, you have to first create an app password and use it to fix this login problem.
Here Are the Steps, Follow Accordingly:
- Move to the “Security basics” page and sign in to your Microsoft account
- Select the “More security” option and then go to the “App Password”
- Under the App passwords section, select “Create a new app password”. A new app password is generated and appears on your screen
- Enter this app password in the place of your normal Microsoft account password in the application
- This time your account will successfully sign-in
But if still finding sign-in problems with your Microsoft account, continue following the steps to Reset Live.Com Email Password.
3: If You Want to Change Live.Com Email Password
If your profile is hacked and you actually know your password, then you should immediately change your Account Live.Com Password. Once you change your password, your account will be completely safe and secure. Therefore, do this by following the given directions:
- First, open any web browser on your system and then type “account.live.com/password/change” in the address bar and press the “Return” button. If you are not already signed in, enter your email address and password and then tap “Next”
- If you are asked to generate a security code, click on “Send Code” and enter the code that is sent to your email address or phone number.
- After that, you need to enter your current password in the field at the top of the window
- Next, enter and confirm your new password by entering into the given field
- If you would like to change your password on a regular basis, check the option “Make me change my password every 72 days”
- Now, tap “Next”. Doing so, the password you use to log in to the account has now been changed. Your account is also now secured against stalkers.
The Last Words
We have a technical squad working day to night constantly only for you. Therefore, if your Account Live.Com Password Reset is not yet successfully done and still won’t get access to your account, make an immediate connection to highly expert email support techies. They are available round the clock at a toll-free helpline number for your better result. So, give a single ring and get united with no confusion. Door-step guidelines will be catered to in no time.