How To Fix When Comcast Email On iPhone Not Working?
A free email account is one of the surprising benefits of subscribing to Comcast or Xfinity services. You can use this email account as a personal one and use it to carry out communication with your near ones. However, when it comes to configuring a Comcast.net account on devices such as iPhones or iPad, things can turn complicated. Many Xfinity subscribers keep wondering about the causes for Comcast email on iPhone not working. This can be because of the improper configuration of the email account or a glitch in your operating system.
Whatever the scenario, you must know how to troubleshoot the problem with your Xfinity email on your iPhone. In this post, you’ll read about overcoming email problems efficiently.
Related Post:- Why Comcast Email Not Sending
What Prompts the Comcast Email on iPhone Not Working Issue?
Many probable causes can lead to Comcast email malfunctioning on iPhones. Some possible ones include the ones mentioned below.
- Comcast server is having outages.
- Your iPhone is experiencing connectivity problems.
- Wrong mail application settings on your iPhone.
- The fetch settings on your iPhone are wrong.
- You are using incorrect credentials to log in to your Comcast account.
- Your operating system is old and needs an update.
- There is inadequate storage space on your iPhone, which is triggering Comcast email problems.
Related Post:- Why Comcast Emails Disappeared
Resolutions for Comcast Email Not Working on iPhone
Now that you know why the Comcast email account is misbehaving let’s get down to fixes. Use the proven ways to troubleshoot email issues.
1. Fix Connectivity Problems in Your iPhone
Connectivity errors in your phone arise when the mail app is unable to consume the cellular network. To allow the mail application to employ this cellular network, you must review the configuration.
- Search and go over to the ‘Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, click ‘Cellular.’
- Go down to ‘Mail.’
- See if this option is enabled. If it’s turned on, the slider will be green. If it isn’t, you’ll be able to only send and receive emails when your iPhone is linked to the Wi-Fi.
2. Configure Comcast Email on iPhone Correctly
Setting up Comcast email on your iPhone is not a straightforward process. Here are the guidelines to properly configure your account and resolve Comcast email not working on iPad and iPhones.
- Launch the ‘Settings app on your iPhone.
- Use the dropdown and choose ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars.’
- Find the ‘Add account’ part and click it.
- Next, locate the option to add your Comcast account.
- Choose ‘Other.’
- Now, in the ‘Name’ textbox, type in your full name.
- Then input Comcast address and password.
- Tap ‘Next’ to proceed further after you enter all the data.
- You may find the authentication process not taking place smoothly. So, ensure to tap the ‘Next’ button constantly to save your profile.
- When it’s done, head to ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars.’
- Choose the Comcast email that isn’t working,
- In the screen that comes up, input the hostname (mail.comcast.net) and the username.
- Tap ‘SMTP.’
- In the section of ‘Outgoing Mail Server,’ type in the hostname and username as present on the screen.
- Turn on the ‘Use SSL’ option.
- Enter 587 as the server port number.
- Head to Settings and tap ‘Advanced.’
- Here ensure that you have enabled the ‘Use SSL’ option.
- Set the authentication type to ‘Password.’
3. Examine the Mail Fetch and Notification Configuration
Many people forget about their mail fetch and notification on their iPhones or iPads. If you are troubled by the problem of not getting Comcast emails on your device, you need to fix these settings.
- Firstly, head to the ‘Settings area on your iPhone.
- Now, tap the ‘Passwords and Accounts’ option.
- After that, tap ‘Fetch New Data.’
- Opt for one of these that aligns well with your needs.
- PUSH – This feature enables new messages to be transmitted to your device through the server.
- FETCH – This setting pushes emails into your inbox at a set interval.
- MANUALLY – If you choose this setting, you will only find emails in your Comcast account when you open and refresh it.
- SCHEDULE – You will get new messages from the mail server according to the time you have configured.
4. Re-Add Your Email Account on Your iPad or iPhone
Whenever you find that your Comcast email is not working on your iPhone, try re-adding your account. First, clear or remove it and then add it back.
- From the ‘Settings’ of your device, head to the option, ‘Passwords and accounts.’
- Next, tap your Comcast email account and hit ‘Delete.’
- After removing the account, wait for a while and add it back to your iPhone or iPad.
5. Update Your Apple Device
You can easily update your phone wirelessly to its current release. Use this guidance for updating your Apple device.
- Begin by backing up your device via your system.
- Plug your iPhone into power and link to the internet through Wi-Fi.
- Head to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘General.’
- Here, click the ‘Software update option.
- Choose the update you wish to install.
- Click the ‘Install now button.
- You may see the ‘Download and install button. Click on it for the download process of the update to begin.
- Input your passcode and choose ‘Install now.’
6. Make More Space in Your iPhone
You can minimize the possibility of Comcast email not working on the iPad by freeing up space on the device. It also enhances the performance of various apps.
- Launch the device’s ‘Settings.’
- Now tap the ‘General’ tab.
- After that, open your device’s ‘Storage.’
- Now scroll down through the application list on the screen.
- You will see the applications organized by the amount of space they consume on your iPhone.
- In the subsequent window, click ‘Mail app.’
- Then click the ‘Offload app’ option. It will help you to clear storage space.
- Now, conduct a quick reboot of your device.
7. Check the Option of Third-Party Security
There is a setting in the official portal of Xfinity to allow or disable third-party app access to Comcast email. These include Outlook or Apple Mail. You must enable access to Apple Mail to get rid of email issues.
- Navigate to the Xfinity portal and tap the ‘Mail’ icon.
- On the Comcast email page, tap the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Tap the ‘Security’ option.
- Now, see if you have checked the option for third-party access. If not, check it.
Use these measures one by one whenever you notice your Comcast email on your iPhone not working. The simple fixes will resolve the root cause of the specific problem you are facing. For further assistance, talk to a Comcast email support specialist.