How to Change, Create and Delete Email Signature in Outlook?
Email Signature is the best way to verify yourself. It is a short text file created as a standard appendage at the bottom of your email. The signature is an authorized sign of you and your business. In the modern digital era, most users use this email signature as their authorization. You can also change the signature accordingly. But some Outlook users don’t know How to Change Email Signature in Outlook. So we came up with this blog to provide the information.
With this blog, we will provide the whole information to change the email signature in Outlook on different devices. We will also provide you the information from creating to setting up the Email signature in Outlook if a new user wants to create one. So let’s start!
How to Change Email Signature in Outlook on Windows?
Following are the steps for changing the Outlook email signature on Windows:
- Firstly, open Outlook.
- Secondly, choose File and then Options.
- Now, from the navigational menu, select the Mail option.
- Then, click on Signature from the main window.
- After that, select the signature you want to change from the Select Signature to Edit box.
- Next, change the signature via the Edit Signature option from the bottom.
- In the end, click on Save and then OK.
How to Change Email Signature in Outlook Mac?
- Initiate Outlook and click Outlook at the top menu.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Preferences.
- Proceed to the Signatures section.
- Look for your current signature and select Edit.
- Check your existing signature as required, then save changes by clicking the disk icon.
- Close the window by clicking the X icon at the top left. Your Outlook signature should now mirror the changes made.
If you wish to amend signatures for multiple email accounts, select the Account option during the fourth step and choose the relevant signature for the email you want to modify.
Also Read : How to Add Custom Signature In Outlook
How to Change Signature in Outlook iPhone?
Here’s how to revise your Outlook signature using the Outlook app on your iPhone:
- Activate the Outlook application.
- At the top left corner, touch your profile icon.
- Access the Settings by tapping on the gear symbol.
- Navigate to the Mail subsection.
- Choose Signature.
- On the Signature page, make the necessary changes to your signature.
How to Change Email Signature in Outlook on Android?
Following are the steps to change your Outlook email signature on an Android device:
- Start the Outlook app.
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Select the gear symbol (Settings) at the bottom left.
- Within the Mail category, tap on Signature.
- Revise your signature as needed, then confirm by tapping the check mark symbol at the top right.
After knowing how to change an email signature in Outlook, if you want to add it, the following is for you.
Also Read : Outlook Signature Not Working
How to Add an Email Signature in Outlook.com?
Following are the steps to insert a signature in Outlook.com:
- Look for the gear symbol at the upper right corner, click it, and select See all Outlook settings.
- Proceed to Compose and reply.
- Scroll down until you find the Email signature section.
- In this area, input your signature and design it as you please.
Adding an Image to the Signature
To include a picture in your signature following are the steps:
- Initiate Outlook and navigate to See all Outlook settings.
- Choose Email> Compose & Reply.
- Click on the Insert Pictures Inline button and pick the image for your signature.
- Modify the image size and position as required.
- Click Save when finished.
- Ensure that your images are not too large or distracting to the reader.
Creating an Email Signature in Outlook on the Web
The process for Outlook on the web is similar to Outlook.com. The following are the steps:
- Click on the cog at the top-right corner and select See all Outlook settings.
- Navigate to Email, then Compose and Reply, and scroll down to the Signature section.
- Input your signature.
- Your Outlook signature is now created!
Also Read: How to Change Outlook Inbox View
Setting up a Signature on Outlook for Windows
Copy & Paste
You can set up a signature in the Outlook desktop just by copying and pasting your email signature text into the Signature section. The following are the steps:
- Click on the File option at the top left corner.
- Choose Options > Mail.
- In the Composers section, select signatures.
- Paste your signature text into the Edit Signature box.
Create a Signature File
If you have pre-saved your signature in a file, create a signature file either in .txt or .rtf format. Then, import this file into the Signature field in Outlook.
- Create your signature in a text editor such as Notepad or Microsoft Word.
- Open the Signature section in Outlook and hit the Insert File button.
- Locate the signature file on your computer and select Open.
- After adding your signature to the Signature section, confirm that it’s set as the default signature for all new messages and responses/forwards. You can do this by checking the Choose default signature option, found by scrolling down in the Signature section.
Creating a Signature on Outlook for Mac
Copy & Paste
For Mac users, the process is as follows for the Copy & Paste option:
- Choose Outlook at the top left corner, then Preferences.
- Click on Signatures.
- Create a new email signature by clicking on + and then Edit.
- Paste your signature and save.
- Confirm that the signature preview reflects what you intend to display.
To have your new signature in all your emails, the following are the steps
- Select Choose default signature.
- Alternatively, click on Signature.
- Pick the appropriate one for different situations.
Adding a Signature in the Outlook Mobile App
Creating a signature in Outlook for Android
- Launch the Outlook app and tap the Outlook icon.
- At the corner left bottom, tap on the Gear icon.
- Choose your account and tap Signature.
- Enter the text and links for your signature and tap Done.
- Lastly, your signature will be displayed at the bottom of any composing and outgoing emails from Outlook on any Android device.
Creating a signature in Outlook for iPhone
- Start the Outlook mobile app and navigate to Settings.
- Select your account and then choose Signature.
- In the provided box, type in the text you want for your signature. Optionally, tap the Signature Image option to add an image to your signature.
- Once satisfied with your signature, hit Save.
After knowing about how to change an email signature in Outlook and how to create one, if you also want to know to delete it, go with the following:
How to Delete Email Signature in Outlook?
Delete Outlook Signature on Windows
Here’s how you can delete your signature on Outlook if you’re using Windows:
- Start Outlook and click on File -> Options.
- Click on Mail from the panel on the left, then select Signatures in the main window.
- Choose the signature you want to remove and press the Delete button.
Delete Outlook Signature on macOS
If you’re using macOS, follow these steps to delete your signature:
- Launch Outlook and click on Outlook from the menu bar.
- Choose Preferences.
- Click on Signatures.
- Select the signature you wish to remove, then press the – button to delete it.
- Close the preferences window by clicking the X icon in the upper left corner. The changes to your Outlook Signature should now be visible.
Delete Signature on iPhone/iOS App
In iOS, there isn’t a direct option to delete a signature in Outlook. Instead, you can delete the current signature and save your changes. Here’s how:
- Open the Outlook app.
- Tap your profile icon from the left top.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Mail section.
- Choose Signature.
- Move the cursor to the end of the signature, then tap the backspace button until the signature is completely deleted, and confirm the changes by tapping the checkmark icon in the top right.
Delete Outlook Signature on an Android Device
Like its iOS counterpart, the Android Outlook app doesn’t have a specific Delete button for signature settings. Instead, you must delete the existing signature and save the changes. Here’s how:
- Start the Outlook app.
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Choose the gear icon for Settings at the bottom left.
- In the Mail section, tap on Signature.
- Position the cursor at the end of your signature, continuously tap the Backspace button, then hit the checkmark icon at the top to save changes.
Once this is done, your emails will be sent without a signature. If you wish to add a new signature, you can follow the same steps above but type in a new signature instead of deleting it.
Tips for Perfect Email Signature
An email signature is more than a simple sign-off—it’s a professional touch that provides the recipient with your name and contact details. Here are some elements you may want to consider including in your email signature:
- Your Name
- Job title & department
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Links for a call to action (like your company website or social media profiles)
- A profile picture (if applicable)
Now, you got all covered with the Email signature in Outlook. From how to change email signature in Outlook, which is a main concern, we also provide the steps for creating and deleting the email signature in Outlook. If you are stuck on something, whether it’s changing, creating, or deleting, then you can contact our Experts to assist you with the solution. Thank You!
Q: Why am I unable to change my Outlook signature?
A: If you cannot change the Outlook signature, it can be due to specific values entered into Registry, restricted permissions, outdated software, corrupted mail profiles, or browser issues.
Q: How to change your AutoSignature in Outlook?
A: To change the Auto Signature in Outlook:
- Click on File >> Options.
- Choose Signatures.
- Click on Signature to edit.
- Make changes from the Edit Signature box.
- Click Save and Ok