Placing Custom Signature Outlook at the end of the mail for closing it is a normal practice in the corporate and the professional world. One must add a signature at the end of the mail before sending it as it creates a very good impact on the receiver of the email. In the Outlook mail system, the user can add a customized and a personalized signature at the end of each email which can contain below-mentioned things –
- Name of the Sender
- Contact Number of the Sender
- Address of the Sender
- Other Mailing IDs Info
- Image / Logo / Template
- Electronic Business Card Logo
- Image of Handwritten Signature
Adding a Custom Signature in Outlook basically acts as a way to introduce yourself in front of your mail receiver without going in front of it. Outlook gives the user a way to setup the signature to add automatically with just one click. If there are multiple Outlook Email accounts of the one user, then the user can have different signatures for each of the accounts respectively. Just follow the below mentioned steps and methods to add or set up your Custom Signature Outlook Mail Account –
Step 1 – Open the MESSAGE Menu in the Options available.
Step 2 – Open the New Email Option in your Outlook Mail Account.
Step 3 – To create a Customized Signature in Outlook, the most essential and the foremost step that a user is required to take is to go to the SETTINGS option of the outlook mailbox.
Step 4 – Here in the Settings Option, the user is required to search and navigate and then click on the Email Option.
Step 5 – After clicking on the Email Option, the user of Outlook mailbox is required to click on the COMPOSE and REPLY option by navigating in the Layout tab opened.
Step 6 – In the Next Step, Click on the SIGNATURE Option
Step 7 – Select SIGNATURES Option in the Next Step. Don’t get confused here as both the ‘Signature’ and ‘Signatures’ options are entirely different from each other.
Step 8 – Here in the next step, the user of the Outlook Mailbox is required to click on the signature that he/she wants to edit. He/She can also select the NEW Signature Option to add the new one if the user doesn’t want to edit the existing one.
Step 9 – Under the Edit Signature Option, the user is required to compose his/her signature. This option gives the user multiple options to edit his/her signature like customization can be done in the design of the font, the font size, the color of the font, style of the font, etc. If the user wants to add a more robust design to his/her signature, then he can also edit the same through word pad also. The user just needs to create and customize his/her signature over the word pad, copy and then paste over the signature edit column in the outlook mailbox. One more option that the user can have is to download a Custom Outlook Signature template from the internet and then edit it and then use it as his/her own customized and personalized signature.
- The user can do the Customization in his/her Outlook Signature like change in the font size, change in the font type, change in the font style, change in the color of the font, and other things using the Edit Signature mini formatting bar for Customized Signature in Outlook.
- The user also has the options to add images in the signature, funky texts, social media icons and link to his/her social media accounts as well to add more meaning to his/her signature.
- Similarly, a pre-designed template can also, be used as a signature by doing basic editing in it to avoid the copy of the content.
Step 10 – Under the Choose the Default Signature Option, the user has the chance to select the following setups for his/her signature.
- The user is first required to select the email account that he/she wants to associate with the signature in the Email Account Dropdown option. The user can have different signatures for each different email accounts in case he is having multiple Outlook Email Accounts.
- If the user wants to add his/her signature by default automatically at the end of each email, then the user is required to select the one of his signature in the New Email or New Message option and if the user of outlook mailbox don’t want to add the same by default, then the user has to choose the NONE option. This will ensure that a signature will be added or removed to the emails that the user wants to send or forward.
- Similarly, if the user wants to make his/her Customized Signature in Outlook to get appeared in the emails that will be sent or forwarded, then the user have to select one of his/her signatures by clicking on it in the Replies/Forwards option and if the user doesn’t want to add the same, then he/she have to select and choose NONE Option in the same Replies/Forwards dropdown option.
Step 11 – In the final step, after all the Customization in Outlook Signatures gets completed, the user is required to click on the APPLY Option.
Step 12 – Finally, the user is required to click on the OK button to save his/her signature in the signatures column of the Outlook Mailbox.
Step 13 – Return to your message again and then type the content that the user wants to send to the targeted receiver. Here, Outlook won’t be able to add the signature at the closure of the email automatically to the message that has been opened in Step 2, even if he/she has selected to allow the signature to add automatically at the closure of each and every mail. For this mail separately, the user is required to add the signature manually, only for this particular mail. But, don’t worry about future emails. The signature will be added automatically at the end of each and every mail that the user is going to send in the future.
Step 14 – Select and Click on the signature option in the new mailbox menu.
Step 15 – Click on the Signature that you want to add in the mail out of all the available signatures that you have created.
Follow the steps laid above and the Customized Signature in Outlook will be ready to use. Start mailing and build your professional network.