How to Unarchive an Email in Gmail?
As we know, Gmail is one the best email clients used for communication over emails, whether professional or personal. Gmail also allows you to organize your email section with the help of the Archive feature. But what if you have to read them again? In this case, you have to unarchive the email. But archiving the email is easy, and some users don’t know How to Unarchive Gmail email. If you are also finding the solution for the same, then you are on the right page. Today we are going to discuss the topic of How to unarchive emails in Gmail. So let’s begin.
What is Unarchive an Email in Gmail?
When you archive an email in Gmail, that email removes from the inbox section and stored in the All Mail folder. This process makes your inbox in an organized manner without deleting it permanently.
When you unarchive an email, it moves the email back to your main Gmail inbox from the All Mail folder. Essentially, unarchiving an email is restoring it to your inbox, making it more visible and easily accessible among your current emails. It does not mark the email as unread or change anything about it; it simply changes its location from the archived email storage back to the active inbox.
After knowing about the unarchiving, let’s unarchive Gmail email.
How to Unarchive Gmail Email on Windows?
Unarchiving a Gmail email with the desktop browser involves moving it back to your inbox from the All Mail folder. This procedure helps keep your Gmail inbox organized while ensuring no emails are permanently deleted. The following are the steps:
- First, open your preferred web browser: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
- Secondly, go to the Gmail website by typing www.gmail.com into the address bar.
- If you’re not already logged in, provide your Gmail email address and password to log in.
- After logging, you’ll see a list of categories on the left side of your screen.
- Now, scroll down and click More to expand the list of categories.
- After that, click on All Mail. Here you will see your current inbox emails and any emails you’ve archived.
- In the All Mail category, browse or use the search bar to find the email you want to unarchive.
- Click on the Email to access it.
- Now, look above the email text to see a row of buttons. Click on Move to Inbox.
- After clicking, Gmail will automatically move this email from the archive back to your main inbox.
- To verify, you can go back to your main inbox by clicking Inbox on the left-hand side of the screen. You should see the email that you just unarchived in your inbox now.
How to Unarchive in Gmail on Android?
The following are the steps to unarchive email in the Android Gmail app:
- Firstly, open the Gmail application.
- Secondly, tap on the three horizontal lines from the top left corner of the screen.
- From the slide-out menu that appears, scroll down and tap on All Mail.
- In the All Mail view, browse or use the search bar to find the email you want to unarchive.
- Tap on the Email to open it.
- Once the email is open, tap on the three vertical dots. This will open a menu with more options.
- From the options menu, tap Move to Inbox. This will immediately move the email back to your inbox from the archive.
- Finally, return to your main Inbox to confirm the email has been unarchived. The unarchived email should now be present in your inbox.
Also Read: How To Find Archived Emails in Gmail?
How to Unarchive Gmail Email on iPhone or iPad?
To unarchive Gmail on iPhone, follow the given steps:
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Log in with your Gmail credentials if you have not logged in already.
- Tap the three horizontal lines (the hamburger icon) at the top left corner.
- Scroll down and select All Mail.
- Locate your email by scrolling through or using the search function.
- Tap on the email to open it.
- Tap the three vertical dots (the options button) at the top right corner.
- From the menu that appears, tap Move to Inbox. The email is now moved back to your inbox.
- Check your main Inbox to confirm.
How to Unarchive Gmail Email on Mac?
Following are the steps to unarchive the Gmail email and get it back to your inbox:
- Firstly, open your Safari web browser.
- Secondly, navigate to the Gmail website (www.gmail.com).
- Thirdly, log into your Gmail account.
- After that, click More on the left-hand side panel to expand the list of categories.
- Click on All Mail.
- Now, Browse or use the search bar to find your email.
- Click the email to open it.
- Afterward, click Move to Inbox at the top of the email.
- Finally, check your Inbox to confirm the email is unarchived.
Archiving your Gmail emails is a best practice to make your Gmail inbox neat and organized without deleting the email completely. But when you want to unarchive the archived email, you can follow the above-stated steps to know how to unarchive the Gmail email. The above methods are similar o each other, but we provide them for users who are new to Gmail or not finding the unarchive option. For any Gmail-related issues, you can contact our Email Experts to resolve them. Thank You!
Frequently Asked Question(FAQs)
Q1: What does Unarchive an email in Gmail means?
A1: Unarchiving the email in Gmail emails means taking an email from the inbox section to the special folder called All Mail and moving back the email back to the inbox. This helps in making the inbox in an organized manner.
Q2: How to unarchive an email on my computer?
A 2: To unarchive an email on your computer, go to Gmail, and click on All Mail from the left side. Now, choose the email you want to return to the inbox by clicking the Move to Inbox option. The email will go back to the inbox mail list.
Q3: Can I unarchive an email in Gmail on my phone?
A3: Yes, you can! On your phone, open your Gmail app. Tap the three lines on the top left corner, then tap All Mail. Find the email you want to unarchive, tap on it, then tap the three dots from the right corner and click on Move to Inbox.
Q4: What happens when I unarchive an email? Does it change anything in the email?
A4: No, unarchiving doesn’t change anything in the email itself. It just moves it from your All Mail folder back to your Inbox. The email will look the same and have the same information in it.
Q5: Why would I want to unarchive an email in Gmail?
A5: Sometimes, you might want to keep an email handy because it has important information you’ll need soon. When you unarchive an email, it moves back to your main email list (Inbox) so you can find it easily.