How Can I Sync Gmail Contacts with Outlook?
Gmail and Outlook are the most used and reliable email clients, which users can easily trust. They provide many services that make emailing easier. We all know that Gmail is easily accessible from Mobile Devices and Web Browsers. The number of Gmail users is increasing daily, and they access Gmail accounts using third-party applications. This makes it hectic to see all the contacts in one place. So Gmail lets you easily Sync Gmail Contacts With Outlook. Outlook is also a secure email client to access Gmail contacts. If you also want to sync their Gmail contact to Microsoft Outlook, then go through this blog. It will provide you with the steps for configuring Gmail with Outlook.
Steps to Sync Gmail Contacts with Outlook
Here you will see the step-by-step procedure to sync Google contacts with outlook. In the processing of syncing the contact, there will be no data loss or harm to the original Gmail contacts. You will get your Gmail contacts saved in the Google account. You can access them anytime. The syncing will help you access the Gmail contacts from Outlook. You can also import the selective contact to Outlook to make it easier to contact accessing easy. Now, let’s perform the sync Gmail Contacts with Outlook procedures:
Step 1: Export Gmail Contacts to Outlook
In this step, we will use the Gmail account to export Gmail contacts. Gmail always provides many features; it is one of them. You don’t have to use any other application to sync Gmail contacts with Outlook. Gmail lets you do this. Now, follow the given steps:
- Firstly, sign in to your Gmail account.
- Secondly, go to the Menu by clicking the square of the dots from the top right.
- Now, from the menu, choose Contacts.
- After that, choose the Contacts you want to export by selecting the checkboxes in front of them.
- When done with the selection, click on the vertical three dots More sign and choose the Export option.
- Now, select the Contact Group you wish to sync in Outlook, like Frequently Contact.
- Next, pick an export format Google CSV and click on Export.
- Now, you will prompt to save the Contacts.CSV file on the computer, click on Save As, and save it in any desired location.
Step 2: Import Gmail Contacts into Outlook
In the next step of the “sync Gmail contacts with Outlook” procedure, you have to import google contacts into Outlook. The Google.csv, which you saved in the previous step, has to import contacts into Outlook with the following steps:
- Firstly, open Outlook.
- Go to the File menu.
- Then, choose the Open & Export option,
- Now, select the Import/Export option.
- In the next step, you have to select Import from Another Program or File and then click Next.
- After that, select Comma Separated Values and then click Next.
- Here, in the Import a File field, browse to pick the .csv Gmail contacts file.
- Now, select How You Want Outlook to Handle Duplicate Contacts, and click Next.
- Next, from the Select a Destination Folder field, scroll up is required and click on Contacts folder and then Next.
- Click on Finish.
Step 3: View Your Contacts
After successfully sync Gmail Contacts with Outlook, it is time to view your contacts in Outlook. It is a must step as you must check that all the contacts are correctly synced. For that following are the steps:
- From Outlook, choose Address Book.
- Now, from the address book, you have to choose your mailbox name and then Contacts.
There are many scenarios where the users face importing issues when they perform google to Outlook Contact sync. In such cases, users are unable to transfer their Gmail contacts to Outlook. But this blog will help you out if you are facing the same. We have a fixation section to resolve your problem.
Fix Gmail Contacts Importing Issues
When you sync Gmail contacts with Outlook, you can face errors with importing Gmail contacts. Below are the scenarios of why you have difficulty importing Gmail contacts and the solution at the same time:
You Receive An Error Message
When you are importing 2000 contacts at a time, you may encounter an error message. You can use the Excel program to open the CSV file and then separate the contacts list into smaller CSV files. After splitting, you can import the newly created CSV files.
No Contacts Appear in Outlook
If you sync Gmail contacts with Outlook but you can’t see any contact in Outlook, then you have to follow the given:
- Locate the CSV file that you downloaded from Google. Contacts.csv is the default file name.
- Open the CSV file you exported from Google in Excel.
- Check to see if the CSV file contains any information. The Google export did not work if the CSV file included no information. In this scenario,
- Remove the contacts.csv file.
- Export your Google contacts once more. Make sure you export All contacts or the appropriate groups of contacts to sync Gmail contacts with Outlook.
- At the point when you close the file, Excel will prompt you many times to “are certain you need to save it in CSV format.” Consistently select Yes. On the off chance that you select No, the document will be defiled and you should begin once again with a new contacts.csv file.
- Rep the previous steps to import your contacts.csv file into Outlook.
Contact Information Is Missing
Assuming you open Standpoint after sync Gmail Contacts with Outlook and see that not the data was all imported, check the CSV file in Excel to check whether the data was there. You can utilize Excel to add names and other missing data to the CSV document.
- You can use Excel to add names and other missing information to the CSV file.
- Outlook requires the column headings in the top row, so don’t change them.
- When you save the CSV file, Excel will ask you several times whether you are sure you want to save it in CSV format. Always select Yes. If you select No, the file will be corrupted or damaged, and you will have to begin by exporting the list from Gmail.
- Repeat the Import Your Contacts.csv into Outlook. When prompted to manage duplicates in step 7, select Replace duplicates with imported items.
Call of Action
Now, you know how to sync Gmail contacts with Outlook. This syncing helps you to get your Gmail and Outlook contacts in one place. We also provide the fixation process if you face any issues while importing the contacts. However, if the issue continues, you can contact your Experts via Email or Live Chat to get the perfect solution. Thank You!