Import Contacts Into Outlook | Updated Guide 2022
Importing your contacts into an MS Outlook account is an incredibly useful feature, especially if you constantly collect new details from different people. There are several ways through which you can import contacts to Outlook. By doing this, you will get access to all your contacts in one place. Also, if you are migrating to another email server, or, if you want to set up a new account, you can simply access all your contacts after importing them all.
The MS Outlook comes with an import/export wizard that allows users to simply import their contacts from Excel, CSV files, and more. To know how to get all the details for importing contacts, keep reading.
Related Post:- How to Refresh Outlook
Import Contacts into Outlook from CSV File
MS Outlook imports or exports the contacts using a .CSV file. Thus, if the user has an excel file in “.xlsx or .xls” format, they have to convert the file into “.csv” format and after that take in easily import the contacts in the Outlook folder. To clearly understand the process, read the below points:
Step 1: Change Excel File into “.CSV Format”
- Firstly, you need to prepare the Excel sheet with all the details you would like to import.
- Now, browse the damaged or corrupted word files that you would like to recover. If necessary, add more Word files.
- For repair, click on the “Repair DOC Files” button.
- You can see the file repair progress in the window appearing on your screen.
- After this, you can check the Excel files in CSV format in the mentioned location.
Now that you have changed the format, you can proceed further and Import contacts into Outlook from Excel. The next would be importing the CSV file into MS Outlook.
Step 2: Import CSV File to Outlook
- Open the “MS Outlook” App.
- Click on the “File” Section. Go to “open an export” >> “import/export“.
- From the “import and export wizard“, you have to click on the “import from another file or program” option to import contacts into outlook from CSV format.
- Hit the “next” button.
- On the next page appearing, choose “Comma-separated values“. Hit the “next” button.
- Click the “browse” option.
- Mention the path of the CSV file. Choose the option “Duplicate filters“. Hit the “next” button.
- For your Outlook app, select “destination folder contacts”. Hit the next button.
- Now you can see the import apps chosen on the next page. From here, you can map the Custom fields between “Excel source files” and “MS Outlook contacts” with a click on the “Map custom fields” option.
- On this page, you can also map the “Source file values” to “Outlook contact values“. Once you are done with mapping, hit the “Ok” button.
- Hit the “Finish” button to proceed next.
The process to import contacts in Outlook will be completed soon. Now you can check the imported contacts in your “contact” folder in the outlook application.
The steps above will help you to easily import the contact details stored in the spreadsheet or database to your Outlook account. These instructions will let you import contacts from the CSV file to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2019, and Microsoft 365.
Related Post:- How to Open Outlook in Safe Mode
Import Contacts to Outlook from PST File
There are situations in which users may need to import contacts in Outlook from the PST file instead of the CSV file like:
- When users want to import contacts between the two outlook accounts.
- And user wants to import the contacts between two computers.
- When a user wants to transfer the Outlook items like contacts, emails, tasks, and appointments.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Import Contacts from PST File
- Click on the “File” option in MS Outlook.
- Go to “Open and export“, and click “Import/export“.
- Then, click “Import from another program of file“.
- Hit the “next” button.
- Select “Outlook data files (.pst)“, hit the “next” button.
- Now, Click on the “browse” button.
- Select the. PST file you would like to import.
- From the “options“, select “how to deal with duplicate items“.
- Hit the “next” button.
- If you have protected them. PST file with a password, you need to provide the password and proceed next.
- Here, you have to choose “contacts” from the folder import.
- Once you are done, click on the finish button.
With these simple steps, you can import contacts to Outlook from the “.PST” File. Once the progress bar disappears from your screen, the import process is completed.
Related Post:- How to Stop Spam Emails in Outlook
Import Outlook Contacts Online
If you want to import contacts into Outlook online, you need a “CSV” file. Also, the file must have “UTV encoding” for the best performance as this will work in every language.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Import Contacts Online
- Sign in to your Outlook account using a web browser.
- Click on “People” present in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Now, click on “manage>> import contacts“.
- Hit the “browse” button.
- Choose the “CSV” file and open it.
- Click on the “Import” option.
Important: If your “.CSV” file has any contact that is already present in your MS Outlook account, it will create duplicate items for that. However, no contact will be deleted or replaced.
So, this is how you can import Outlook contacts online using the “.CSV” file. Now, you can access all your contact information from the Outlook account.
The Last Words
For those users, who maintain the contact in their email or excel sheet, the aforementioned are some simple steps that can help them to import contacts in the Outlook folder from Excel, PST file, CSV file, etc., You can move a large number of contacts with details to your Outlook account from an email or excel file following these instructions.
However, if you are still having trouble importing the contacts, or if you see any error and warning popup appearing on your screen, contact the Outlook experts. The professionals will bring the most effective and best possible solution to fix your problem. Expert help is available all the time, so you can call, email, or chat with professionals whenever you want and avail of immediate professional assistance for importing or exporting the contacts.