Top 9 Solutions To Fix Outlook Calendar Not Showing Appointments Issue
Microsoft Outlook is the preferred application of most business organizations. It is mainly because of its effective features that bring about much convenience in managers’ lives. But in addition to email management, this application is also helpful for managing appointments in the calendar. You can create appointments for different purposes and invite your colleagues to them. However, recently, people are finding that the Outlook calendar is not showing appointments.
The situation can be troublesome because you’ll have to make another schedule if the appointments don’t show. But there are ways to recover the appointments. In this article, you will find the major reasons for this situation and ways to fix it.
Also Check, Why:- Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange
Reasons for Outlook Calendar Not Showing Appointments
There can be many factors that can result in Outlook appointments not showing up in Google calendar. Some of the significant ones are as follows.
- The Outlook account is synchronized on the desktop and the mobile phone. If you delete an appointment unknowingly on your mobile, you won’t see it on the desktop version.
- Outlook continuously shifts the older data, so the data file size is optimizable. If your appointments are older, they will also be shifted.
- It’s possible that you may have deleted appointments accidentally.
- Some users enable auto-archive. It moves the various items to the archive folders after specific days.
- If third-party programs are permitted to modify Outlook data, this problem can occur.
Also Check, Why:- Outlook Calendar Not Syncing
Solutions to Fix Outlook Calendar Not Showing Appointments Problem
Now that you know the reasons for an Outlook appointment not showing in the calendar, you can read about the various solutions below. They will help you to recover them.
1. Disable Caching in Outlook
Disabling caching for the shared folder will prompt Outlook to resolve this problem. Follow these steps to turn off caching.
- Go to Outlook and tap ‘File.’ Select ‘Account Settings‘ followed by ‘Account Settings‘ again.
- Select your account and tap ‘Change.’
- Next, tap ‘More Settings.’
- Head over to the ‘Advanced‘ tab and tick the ‘Download Shared Folder‘ option.
- Untick this option and tap ‘Save‘ to apply the settings.
2. Reset Outlook Calendar View
If you find that the Outlook calendar month view does not show appointments, you can attempt to restore the factory view for the folder of ‘Calendars.’ Follow these steps.
- Open Outlook in Windows.
- Tap the ‘Calendar‘ tab present on the left bottom.
- Now launch the ‘View‘ tab.
- Tap the option ‘View Settings.’
- Tap ‘Reset current view.‘
- Finally, hit the ‘OK‘ tab and see if your problem has been resolved.
3. Upgrade the Meetings Tool
Another effective fix to use on finding Outlook calendar appointments missing is updating the meetings tool. It means updating your Microsoft Outlook program. You can do so by following these instructions.
- After opening Outlook, tap the ‘File‘ menu. Then select ‘Help.’
- Now tap ‘Check for updates/install updates.’
- Lastly, confirm the installation to finish the whole process. it will resolve the problem of the calendar not showing your appointments.
4. Recover the Deleted Appointments from the Damaged PST file
In Outlook, some issues can occur. These include file corruption or sudden deletion. The Outlook program does not display any errors when these issues occur. But you should identify the signs of corruption.
Recover the deleted appointments by scanning the corrupt Outlook PST file. Use the Inbox Repair tool that comes built-in Outlook program to check for probable corruption.
5. Personalize the Displayed Calendars
The problem of Outlook calendar appointments not showing can also arise because of multiple calendars being displayed at a single time. To display the hidden calendars, implement the following steps.
- Launch Outlook and tap ‘Calendar‘ present in the navigation pane.
- Now, tick the boxes beside those calendars you wish to view under the folder of ‘My Calendars‘ in the ‘Folder Pane.’
- Alternatively, you can also right-tap on the calendar followed by clicking on ‘Show this Calendar.’
- The checked calendars are shown side-by-side by default.
6. Inspect the Antivirus Application
An antivirus program also inspects the content of Outlook. You can check the antivirus program when you begin to see that the appointments in the calendars are missing. It may be possible that this application may have found a suspicious entry and may have deleted it.
7. Examine the Retention Policy
Retention policies are set on every mailbox item. So, it applies to the calendar entries. You can check the retention policy that the administrator has assigned. In case the Default Policy tag is configured to ‘Delete and Allow Recovery,’ you can navigate to the folder of ‘Recoverable Items.’ From there, you can restore the calendar.
8. How Do I Fix My Outlook Calendar View
This method also works for the shared Outlook calendar not showing appointments.
- In the Current View group.
- Click on the Change View option, then click on the Manage Views.
- Tap on the New option.
- In the Name field of the new View box, give a name for the view. Choose a view type under the Type view box.
- You can select an option under Can be used on and then click OK. It allows you to change the setting on which the view is available.
- Please choose the settings you want to use in the Advanced View Settings of the New View dialog box.
- Once you’re done selecting options, click OK.
- Click on the Apply View button.
9. Outlook Calendar Peek Not Showing Appointments
Some users may encounter the issue of Outlook peeking out appointments not shown in the calendar. Behind several reasons, but it is most likely due to a problem with the app’s settings. If you cannot see any appointments in your calendar, make sure to adjust some of the settings in your account to match those used by your work calendars.
- To the right of the calendar icon in the Navigation Pane.
- Right-click in the Dock peek item’s setting menu.
- Then the subsequent appointments will be shown on the right side of the Mail view.
After reading this article, you can fix the problem of Outlook calendar not showing appointments.’ All of these methods are useful to rectify this situation. But if you still find Outlook calendars showing, consult expert Outlook customer support services. The professionals will fix this issue efficiently.