How To Quick-Fix Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange?
When using Microsoft Outlook email service in a way to frequently access Exchange mailboxes and Inbox, there are times when your Outlook won’t be able to update all the mailboxes and Inbox folders and hence create trouble in accessing Outlook. After encountering the Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange problem, you will notice that neither the content nor your emails present in the mailboxes are gonna be refreshed. That means only previous emails are displayed, and unfortunately, the new emails are not downloaded to Outlook even though the status bar stating that the folder is up-to-date.
Even though have selected the “Update Folder” tab in terms of pulling the new data to be uploaded or downloaded but yet the new contents such as emails, contacts, calendar items, tasks, notes, and others are not updated and not downloaded at all. However, you may even directly login to OWA (Outlook Web Access) or Outlook.com to continue to give access to the missing email messages, appointments, contacts, tasks, journal entries, notes, posted items, and documents as well in a very frequent manner. So, it is not a big deal when your Outlook stops updating or syncing the Exchange Mailboxes/Inbox. But still fixing it out soon is very necessary. Read the blog post to get its real cause and suitable solution.
Possible Causes For Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange
The problem is likely to be caused by any of the following. Hence, check-out the below-listed points:
- It usually happens when there is corruption in OST Files.
- .OST file is getting repaired with ScanPST.exe.
- Interference between the synchronization or offline and online items can also lead to Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange error.
- The problem arises if the auto-update feature is disabled.
- When the refreshing rate of the inbox is slowing down.
- Outlook might have lost the connection to the Exchange Server due to which the issue triggers.
- Maybe the Outlook profile is corrupted and hence it causes the same problem.
- Probably the Outlook Settings are not appropriately configured.
- If you can send and receive emails. So, the problem is with your system or Outlook client.
We have seen the various affected reasons by experiencing Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange. Luckily, there are productive solutions to get overcome this problematic hurdle. Keep an eye on the below!
Distinctive Solutions To Quick-Fix Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange
Go through the instructed guidelines one by one noted underneath as they will take you to get free from the Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange error. Hence, without wasting your precious time, let’s start following the given statements!
Solution 1: Manually Update Your Folders
A couple of times because of poor internet connection or maybe other key factors, the content and folders saved in Outlook won’t get updated automatically. Did you know how to update Outlook email inbox? If you don’t know follow the simple steps:
- First and forecast, launch Outlook on your Windows
- Next, place a single tap on the “Send/Receive” tab on the top of the Outlook home screen
- Thereafter, give click on the “Update folder” option which is mentioned there.
- After doing so, the update process will then begin. Wait a while till the update completes. Now, access the items without any obstructions.
The above steps are used to update Outlook app. However, you can also try different methods.
But if you are still unable to see your updated content, then there might be a different issue that causes the Outlook Is Not Updating Mailbox/Inbox From Exchange Problem. Therefore, let’s move to the next solving procedure explained beneath. If you face the error Outlook folders not showing you can read this guide.
Solution 2: Try Working Both On Online And Offline Mode
It is always advisable you let once be working on Offline mode and if it doesn’t work out, then try working on Online mode by switching between them. Here is what you are required to perform for the same:
- First of all open Outlook on your Windows Desktop.
- Then, click on the “Send/Receive” tab on the top of the Outlook screen as earlier you did.
- Now, click on the “Work Offline” button to select the Offline state to further be working in this mode.
- At the end, close Outlook and thereafter open it again.
- And now click on the Send/Receive button again.
- De-select the Work Offline mode by clicking on it to return to the Online state.
If the same problem yet persists, then go ahead with the next solution.
Solution 3: Clear the Offline Items From Outlook
As you know that you can use Outlook Offline anytime by simply taking assistance from the cached data stored in Outlook. This cached data not only help you to access Outlook in offline mode but also enhance the performance. The Outlook Inbox Not Updating problem evolves when the offline items do not match with the online items, due to any sort of connectivity issues. So, the best way to resolve it is to clear the offline items as fast as possible. Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to do the same:
- Start with placing a right-click on the folder option and then select the “Properties” tab from the given menu.
- Now, in the general tab simply click “Clear Offline Items” and then click the “OK” tab to be confirmed.
- After doing so all your Offline items will be deleted in the blink of an eye.
- Now on the top of the Outlook screen, click on the “Send/Receive” tab and thereafter click on the Update folder.
This may solve your problem. But if unfortunately, the same error issue exists, jump to the next one.
Solution 4: Compress the .ost File
Sometimes, when the size of the .ost file is too large it may cause Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange. That’s why here we recommend you reduce the file size with the following assessment:
- First, close the Outlook window if it is opened.
- Now, click on the Start button to open Control Panel.
- Click on the “Mail” option in the Control Panel section.
- Choose the option stated “Data Files” from the Mail setup dialogue box. This is the place where all the data files are being accessed by Outlook and are listed; they are listed with their respective locations.
- Now select your OST and click on the “Settings” tab.
- Afterward, in the “Advanced” tab click on the “Outlook Data File Settings” button.
- Click the “Compact Now in the Outlook Data Files Settings” dialogue box and then tap OK button.
- Wait until the process gets done completely, and once it is ended-up, you will notice that the size of your OST has decreased.
Now, Your Outlook will start updating the Inbox/Mailbox. But if yet it is not, move to the next solution. If the above method fails you need to create a new Outlook profile.
Solution 5: Disable The Cached Data
As it is already above discussed that due to the cached data, the offline and online data may mismatch, so to annihilate this issue, you need to quickly disable this option from the settings as noted below:
- In Outlook, click the “File” tab.
- In the info section, place a single tap on “Account Settings” and from the drop-down select the “Account Settings” tab.
- Now, in the Email tab click on the “Exchange” account.
- Select “Change” from the options listed there.
- Now in the Microsoft Exchange server section clear the “Cached Exchange Mode” box.
- Now close the Outlook account and open it again.
This time, your problem may get dissolved from the root.
Contact Us Via 24/7 Online Number For Instant Remedy
Hopefully! The aforementioned effectual information helps you out in exterminating Outlook Inbox Not Updating from Exchange. In case, the same kind of problem you are facing, then it is high time to get united with us. We are available at a 24×7 helpline number, so you can contact our outlook support team anytime anywhere. We are well-educated and knowledgeable in the technical field and specialized in serving you the top-quality fixing guide. Hence, do not hesitate! Feel free to get connected!