PST or we say the personal folders file in MS Outlook is a database file created by the Outlook application. When the user tries to store some information in their MS Outlook account on the computer, that information is saved in the PST File. PST file is responsible for managing all the data of users on their MS Outlook account when the device is not connected to the internet.
PST files play a very important role in the effective management of information, however, problems with PST files are quite common to encounter. If you are using MS Outlook to manage your emails, messages, and other account information, but suddenly start receiving errors while opening the MS Outlook account, you need to repair Outlook PST files.
The problem with the PST file is the reason that users are unable to continue with their MS Outlook services. In this post, we are sharing easy troubleshooting guidelines that can help you to repair Outlook PST files. So keep reading, and proceed with the simple troubleshooting steps to do the task.
Possible Reasons for Corrupted PST File:
There could be a number of possible reasons due to which your Outlook PST file may get damaged or corrupted. Some of the most common reasons are:
Data storage device failure: The system hard disc has few bad sectors. If your PST file is present in any of these sectors, you may not be able to read or open it.
Faulty networking device: The PST file is located on the network server, and accessed through networking devices like computers. If your networking device is not working, you may not be able to access the PST file.
Virus or Malware infection: The virus or malware attack on the system can also be the reason behind damaging corrupted Outlook PST files. It is recommended to install reliable antivirus programs on your system.
How to Repair Outlook PST Files?
There are multiple methods to repair Outlook PST files that are corrupted or damaged. Below, we are sharing easy instructions to repair the PST file in the MS Outlook account:
1. Run the Scan PST Tool
Scan PST tool, also known as the inbox repair tool can help the users to repair PST files in Outlook that are damaged or corrupted. To run this tool, the user needs to access the inbuilt utility from the “System Drive”. Here are the steps to follow:
- To start the “ScanPST tool”, you need to double click on the launcher.
- Add the PST file that you would like to repair with a click on the “browse” button.
- Hit the “Start” button to begin the scanning process.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, you need to click on the “Repair” button to begin with the repair process.
Important: If you want to create the PST file backup, you need to put a checkmark on the box saying” make a backup of scanned files before repairing”.
- The scan PST tool will take a few minutes to repair outlook PST files. Once all the files are repaired, you can import these files to MS Outlook.
Hopefully, the steps above will let you “repair the PST file in Outlook” account. If you are still having trouble accessing the MS Outlook services, your PST files may have not been repaired properly. As an alternative, you can use the kernel Outlook PST repair method to repair the PST files.
2. Kernel Outlook PST Repair
This advanced Outlook PST repair tool allows the users to repair their damaged or corrupted PST files using smart algorithms quickly. The software can help the users to retrieve deleted Lost mailbox items, and let them export them in different formats. Let’s proceed with the steps below and find how the tool functions to repair the PST file:
- Download the Kernel Outlook PST repair tool on your system.
- Once the tool is successfully downloaded, proceed with onscreen instructions and complete the installation process.
- After the installation, launch the software on your system. You will see a popup window appearing on the screen.
- Hit the “browse” button to choose the file that you would like to repair.
- Hit the “next” button.
Important: If you want to find a specific PST file to repair, you can click on the “Search” button and look for the file.
- The tools will begin to repair Outlook PST files. Once the repairing process gets completed, the content of the PST file will appear in the left pane. To preview any item or Email of the file, you can simply click on the folder.
- Click on the save button to save the repaired PST Outlook files. A popup window will appear on your screen, Choose the “PST File” option, and hit the next button.
- You will see a filtration window, from here, you can apply the specific filters to your PST file. For example, To, From, Subject, Item type, etc. Once you have applied the filters, hit the “next” button.
- If you want to split the PST files, hit the “Split” button.
- Hit the “next” button.
- Choose the location where you would like to save the recovered PST files.
- Hit the “Finish” button.
- You will see a notification appearing on your screen saying “PST file has been saved”.
- Hit the OK button to complete the task.
That’s all! This is how you can repair Outlook PST files that have been corrupted or damaged for any Microsoft Outlook version.
Microsoft Outlook is a very useful software that allows users to communicate through emails. When users store any information or data in their Outlook account, it is saved in the PST file format. Sometimes, the PST file gets corrupted or damaged due to which the user is unable to access their Outlook data or use the services.
If you are also having the same trouble with your Microsoft Outlook account, the above-mentioned guidelines can help you to repair Outlook PST files following some simple steps. The provided instructions are easy and let you troubleshoot the error quickly, however, if you are still having trouble, do not hesitate to contact the Outlook support professionals and get a piece of expert advice.