What Are the Steps to Open Outlook in Safe Mode?
Are you having trouble with MS Outlook on your system? Well! You can try to open Outlook in safe mode to get rid of the Outlook errors. Most of the time MS Outlook easily opens on the user’s device and they are able to access it without any trouble. However, there are instances, when users face challenges in accessing the outlook services due to hardware or software errors. In that situation, it is recommended to open Outlook in safe mode. In this post, we are going to share some easy guidelines that can help you to operate MS Outlook in safe mode. So, keep reading and follow the simple steps to do the task.
How Does MS Outlook Work in a Safe Mode?
Safe mode on MS Outlook is not a third-party application, but a separate mode that allows users to work with Outlook following some restrictions. When users Operate Outlook in Safe Mode, they may not be able to enable all the features but can load essential files and get rid of the error.
What are the Benefits of Using MS Outlook in Safe Mode?
Many times, the important updates are pending in MS Outlook due to which the Outlook opens automatically in the safe mode. This safe mode makes sure that the MS Outlook remains operational with limited features and does not interrupt the User experience. However, the safe mode does not guarantee that the issue will be resolved on a permanent basis, thus, a user needs to repair the PST/OST file.
How to Open the Outlook in Safe Mode?
There are several ways to open MS Outlook in a safe mode. Depending upon your preference you can choose any of the methods. To know How to open your outlook in safe mode, keep reading!
1. Use a Keyboard Button
You can open Outlook in safe mode using a keyboard button. Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow to do so:
- Go to the “Start” menu.
- From here, find the MS Outlook shortcut on your device.
- Press and hold the “CTRL” button using the keyboard.
- Tap the “App” icon while holding the “CTRL” button.
- A prompt will appear on your screen and ask you whether you want to enter a safe mode.
- Tap on the Yes option and MS Outlook will open in a safe mode.
2. Use the Run Box
Here are the step by step instructions to follow to operate Outlook in safe mode using the run box:
- Press the “windows + r” key together using the keyboard.
- After this, you need to type the “outlook.exe/safe” command in the Run box and hit the enter button.
- After this, the application will open in safe mode and ask you to choose the default profile.
3. Use Command Prompt
- Turn on your computer.
- Open the command prompt on it.
- Here you have to enter the complete path of the MS Outlook executable file.
- Do not forget to enclose the path using double quotes. The path is “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\Outlook.exe”.
- Press “Safe”, and after that, type “/safe”. Click on the enter button.
- The MS Outlook will now open in safe mode.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you to enter Outlook in safe mode using the command prompt.
4. Use Cortana Search to Open Outlook in Safe Mode
- Open the Cortana search box.
- Here, type the command “outlook.exe/safe” and hit the enter button.
- The MS Outlook will open in safe mode now.
5. Edit a Desktop Shortcut
- Right-click on the image of the Outlook shortcut.
- Choose the “properties” option.
- Click on the tab stating ” shortcut” if you are not there yet.
- A text box next to the label “Target” will appear.
- It will show you the complete path of the Outlook executable file. Add the “/safe” parameter after that path and it will start Outlook in safe mode.
- Hit the apply button.
- Hit the Ok button to save the changes.
Now, every time you double-click on the shortcut, you will enter Outlook in safe mode. If you want to run the MS Outlook in a normal mode again, you just need to remove the safe parameter.
6. Create a Desktop Shortcut
- Right-click on the desktop.
- Select “new”, followed by the “Shortcut”.
- Choose “browse”, and then select the Outlook executable file. You can find this in the “program files” folder present in the C drive.
- After that, add “/safe” at the end of the path.
- Now you have to enter the shortcut name and hit the finish option.
- Double click on the shortcut and your application will be open.
So, these are some simple ways that can help you to open Outlook in safe mode. Follow the mentioned guidelines and open the safe mode for your MS Outlook application.
7. Are You Having Trouble with Outlook Safe Mode? Here is What You Need to Do:
If you are having trouble after you enter Outlook in safe mode, you need to reopen it to fix the processing error. Here are the step by step instructions to follow to do so:
- Close MS Outlook on your system.
- Open Outlook in safe mode following any of the above-mentioned methods.
- Go to the “File” menu, and choose “Exit” to close the app.
- Open the app normally.
8. Disable the Add INS and MS Outlook
With add INS, you can extend the capabilities of MS Outlook. Although, at the same time it can create trouble for you. If you have recently installed add INS on your device, disable them to fix the error. Here are the steps to follow:
- You need to open Outlook in safe mode using any of the above methods.
- Go to “Files”>> “options”.
- Choose “add ins”.
- You will see a drop-down menu named ” manage”.
- Choose “COM add-ins” and hit the “Go” to check the add-in.
- Disable the add INS and close MS Outlook.
- Open the outlook in normal mode and your issue will be resolved.
Hopefully, after following these simple instructions your problem will be resolved. Now you can again open Outlook in safe mode and use the services. We hope that the above-mentioned steps will help you to do the task without any trouble. However, if you are still having any doubts, you can always contact the outlook expert and get a piece of professional advice.