Why is My Outlook Not Showing New Emails in Inbox?
As we all know, Outlook is used for email services. It stored all the emails, whether you received or sent them. If you make mail but don’t send it, then it also saves in Outlook in the draft box. When you receive new emails on Outlook, they are held in the Inbox folder. But some users complain that Outlook not showing new emails in their inboxes. Users face this common issue while using Outlook, and it can be resolved easily with easy-to-follow solutions. Here you also get the proper explanations of why you are facing the issue with your Outlook. Let’s begin.
Why are New Emails Not Showing Up in Outlook?
There can be many factors by which the Outlook inbox not showing all emails, whether they are new or old. The reasons are listed below:
- When you have a slow internet connection, Outlook not showing all emails in your inbox.
- Due to the improper Default View Settings of Outlook folders.
- When you don’t have space in Outlook can be a primary reason why Outlook not showing new emails.
- When Outlook is set to Auto Archive Settings.
- Issues with the PST file which you have to receive.
When you know why you are not getting Outlook emails, it’s time to get them back to the inbox with easy solutions.
How to Get Emails When Outlook Not Showing New Emails?
Here we will fix the Outlook not showing all emails issue and get your Outlook new and other emails back into the inbox.
Solution 1: Check Your Internet
When Outlook emails not showing up in inbox, there can be an issue with the internet connectivity. In deep, when you have bad internet and can’t connect to the Outlook server, your Outlook application cannot receive new emails. Or Outlook can take time to load due to a slow internet connection. So check your internet connection.
Solution 2: Check Your Junk Folder
When Outlook not showing new emails on phone or browser inbox, you can check the Junk folder. Sometimes, the emails go directly into the Junk Folder, as Outlook detects the email address as spam. So move the emails from junk to inbox. To correct the issue in the future, you have to disable the Junk Email filter from Outlook with the following steps:
- Firstly, click on the Home tab and then the Junk button from the Toolbar.
- Secondly, choose the Junk E-Mail option.
- Now, select the No Automatic Filtering option.
- At last, click on OK.
After disabling the Junk filtering, try to refresh the inbox after moving the emails into the inbox. If the inbox is not showing emails, then follow the next solution.
Also Check, Why:- Outlook Inbox Not Updating
Solution 3: Check the Default View Outlook Settings
There are chances that the View Settings of Outlook causing Outlook not showing new emails. So to fix the issue, you should change the view settings of Outlook with the following steps and resolve the Outlook not showing all emails issue:
- In the first step, launch your MS Outlook application.
- Then, click on the View tab and then choose the Reset View option.
- Now, you have to confirm the change “Are you sure you want to reset the view ‘Compact’ to its original settings” by clicking on Yes.
- Your Outlook email view settings will reset.
- In the end, click on the Send/Receive option from the Outlook inbox for checking that you are getting the new emails.
Solution 4: Disable Auto Archive Settings in Outlook
When the Auto Archive option is enabled in Outlook, your Outlook not showing new emails in the inbox issue occur. So to get your emails to disable the Auto Archive with the following steps:
- Firstly, open your MS Outlook program.
- Then, go to the Inbox option, then right-click on it.
- Now, click on Properties to open an Inbox properties window.
- Next, choose the “Do not archive items in this folder” option and then click OK.
Solution 5: Create Space for New Emails
When the Outlook space is full, you can’t get new emails on Outlook, which is why your Outlook not showing new emails. So, it is necessary to clean up some space for new emails. Follow the given steps:
- From your Outlook application, go to the File and then Info.
- Now, choose Cleanup Tools and then the Mailbox Cleanup option.
- From here, you can also choose different options like, Find Items larger than, view mailbox size to clean up your mailbox.
- Finally, click on Send/Receive from MS Outlook to check for the same issue.
Also Check:- How to repair Outlook PST files
Solution 6: Re-add Outlook Program
When Outlook not showing new emails, there can be an issue with your email account. That’s why Outlook only showing recent emails, no new emails. So to fix the issue, you have to remove and re-add your Outlook account. Follow the steps and proceed to remove and re-add:
Remove Outlook Account
- Open your MS Outlook and go to File>>Info>>Account Settings>>Account Settings.
- Then, choose the account you want to remove and click on the Remove option.
- Now, confirm the removal of the Outlook account by clicking on Yes.
Add Outlook Account
- First, go to the Windows+R keys to open the Run.
- Now, type Control Panel in the Run field and then hit OK.
- When the Control Panel opens, choose User Accounts and then the Mail option.
- Here, the Account Settings dialog box appears.
- Now, click on New to open Add Account window.
- In the next step, add the email account information and then click on Next for adding the email account.
Also Check:- Outlook IMAP Settings
Solution 7: Enable the Notifications for Outlook New Emails
In some scenarios, when Outlook not showing new emails notifications is disabled, you can notify with the new email on your Outlook desktop. So enable it on Windows and get notified whenever you receive new emails. The following are the steps:
- Firstly, press Windows + I to access the Computer Settings.
- Then, from the System tab, you have to choose the Notifications tab.
- From here, ensure that the notifications are enabled on your computer.
- After that, scroll down to Notifications from apps and other senders portion; you have to choose Outlook.
- In the next step, enable the Notification for Outlook.
- At last, choose the Show Notification banner and Shoe Notifications in the Notification center checkboxes
- From here, you can also enable sound notification alerts for new Outlook emails.
Also Check:- How to Refresh Outlook
Now, you get solutions to get your Outlook new emails when Outlook not showing new emails. We also provide you with the reasons why you are facing the same. If, however, you want experts’ help in resolving your issue, then contact our Email Experts via Email. For an instantaneous resolution, use the Live Chat option. Thank You!