How To Fix Windstream Email Login Issues In Easy Steps?
Windstream email login issues can stop Windstream email users from taking the complete benefit of their service. Email login issues are common with all email services and mostly occur when you are either entering an incorrect email or password. Other causes of Windstream email login problems include incorrect configuration settings, no internet connectivity, server issues, etc.
The email service offered by Windstream Communications provides users to send fast replies, organize conversations with an improved search feature. Furthermore, the email is easy to access and understand which makes it even more efficient for users. Despite this, at times, you can face issues with your email login that are addressed briefly in this article.
Steps to log into Your Windstream Email Properly
Before you proceed further and try troubleshooting your email, try the steps below for signing into your Windstream email properly.
- Search for the Windstream email login page on your web browser or open http:/www/windstream.net/.
- The link will redirect you to the Windreasm homepage, where you need to click on the Email option.
- Now on the Windstream email login page, enter your email credentials in the given boxes. Check the Remember Me box if you want to save your email credentials for future sign-in.
- When you are entering email and password, make sure to check the CAPS LOCK is off and there’s no typo mistake.
- Now, click on the login button. This will redirect you to your Windstream mailbox.
The above steps will help you with the login procedure. If the login is successful, you can easily send or receive emails. In case, you can sign in to your account but can’t receive or send emails, contact our email experts for assistance.
What Causes Windstream Email Login Issues?
Sometimes, when you try to log into your mail, an error occurs and you can’t get access to your account. Such Windstream email login problems occur due to a couple of reasons:
- Incorrect Email address/Username
- Incorrect email password
- Windstream email server is down
- The issue with email configuration
- Incorrect server settings
- An issue with the login procedure
- A hacked or compromised account
Now that you know the possible causes of the email login problem, it’s time to work on its fix. Let’s get started with it right away.
Troubleshooting Windstream Email Login Problems
Try the following troubleshooting methods to fix your Windstream email login errors.
Method 1: Reset Or Recover Your Account
This method is helpful in case you don’t remember your account password or even email. Sometimes, you think that you are entering the right details but it’s not actually correct, then also you should try the steps below to recover your account.
- Go to www.windstream.net and select the My Account & Support option from the drop-down menu.
- Now you need to select the “Manage My Account” option.
- On the next page, you need to enter your account credentials as you remember and hit the Login button.
- If your login details are incorrect, you will get a message saying “the email/password you’ve entered is wrong”.
- Now select the “Trouble Logging In” link just below the login form.
- From the next page, you need to select the “Forgot email” or “Forgot password” accordingly.
- To recover your Windstream account you need to verify that the account belongs to you. Just keep going with the on-screen instructions to successfully recover your account.
Method 2: Update Your Windstream Email Address
This method is helpful only if you sign in to your Windstream email from any of your devices. If you are facing Windstream email login error only on some devices but can sign in from others, then too, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open http://www.windstream.net on your web browser.
- Enter your Windstream email address and password in the given fields.
- Hit the “Submit button” to sign in to your account.
- Once you are there, select the Edit Profile option on the left side.
- Now you need to create a new email address for your Windstream account.
- Enter the account password to validate the action and select Submit.
Method 3: Check and Correct Your Windstream Server Settings
The Windstream email login issues are also a cause of incorrect server settings. If you’ve tried the above methods, and still can’t sign in to your account, then you should try updating your email server settings. Below we have mentioned the correct Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server Settings for the Windstream account. Update the setting accordingly and try logging into your account again.
Windstream Incoming Mail Server Settings
- Server Name: imap.windstream.net
- Port: 993 for SSL, otherwise 143
Windstream Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- Server Name: smtp.windstream.net
- Port: 465 for SSL or 587 without SSL
- Make sure to select “Yes” in Requires authentication
At last, you need to verify your email credentials i.e. your username and password. Make sure you enter them correctly without any typo error. Ensure that you have allowed permission for authentication in the email settings.
Method 4: Setup Your Account From Scratch
If you’ve tried all the above solutions and still continue to face Windstream email login problems, then you should try setting up your account from scratch. Doing this will fix any issue with your email that’s stopping you from signing up or using your account properly.
Note: The steps mentioned here are for setting up Windstream email on an Android device. If you want to use your account on a desktop (Windows or Mac), follow the setup method for those devices.
- On your Android device, go to the Apps menu.
- Navigate and open the Email app.
- When the mail application launches, find and select the Add account option. You might find it on the top right corner after clicking on your email profile.
- Now, enter your Windstream email and password in the shown fields.
- Select Next.
- In the Account type field, select IMAP.
- Now you need to enter the server settings for Windstream email as follows:
- In the Username field, enter your Windstream email address.
- Enter your account password in the Password field.
- Enter imap.windstream.net in the Incoming Server.
- The port for SSL encryption is 993 and without SSL 143.
- Enter smtp.windstream.net in the Outgoing server name.
- Port numbers are 465 for SSL (recommended), 587, and 25.
- Select the desired account option and click on Next.
- Now you need to enter your name and your account name in the given spaces.
8. At last, click on Done to finish the setup.
This is how you set up your Windstream email on your Android device. After following the above steps, you should be able to access your mailbox and send an email. In case if the error persists, you should not wait anymore and contact Windstream email support experts for assistance right away.