To access the Hotmail email service on your device, you need to perform the syncing process in an effective manner. Although, many users find difficulty in synchronizing their Hotmail. If your Hotmail not syncing, this post can help you. When the problem occurs, the users are able to access their Hotmail account on the preferred device even if they have performed all the steps correctly.
Usually, the Hotmail not syncing problem occurs when there are some silly mistakes in the settings, or the app is not installed correctly. The Hotmail server problem or Email sign-in can also be the reason that the user is unable to complete the syncing process.
So, if this problem is also known and you want to fix it, keep reading and follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting guidelines. The steps below will help you to fix the problem, and let you access the Hotmail services on any of your preferred devices.
Why is Hotmail not syncing?
There are numerous possible reasons due to which you may not be able to sync the Hotmail with your device. Below, you can find the details about some common factors responsible for creating the problem. Once you know about the possible reasons, you can proceed next with the simple steps to fix the issue.
The common reasons are:
In Windows operating system
- Incorrect Outlook email settings.
- Server issues with Outlook or Hotmail.
In the Android operating system
- Default Email application settings malfunction.
- Incorrect installation of Outlook application.
In the iOS operating system
- The mail application time settings are incorrect.
- Sync permission is not allowed.
Now that you know why Hotmail is not syncing, let’s proceed further and find the simple steps to fix the problem.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Hotmail not syncing Issues:
1. For Windows: Repair The Microsoft Client
If the Hotmail is not syncing with Microsoft account, you can follow the steps mentioned below and fix the issue:
- On your device, open the “Microsoft Account”.
- Click on “File”.
- Here, you have to choose the “Account Settings” option, you can find this option in the Info” section.
- In the ” account settings” section, you need to choose your ” Hotmail email account” that is not syncing.
- Click the ” repair” button.
- Repair box bill shown on your screen, go to the settings section and Tap on the next.
- The email repair process will begin and may take a few minutes.
The steps will help you to enable the network connection. After this, you can search for Hotmail email account settings, and log in to the account to make sure that everything is working fine. Once you have successfully completed the repair process, you need to choose the “Change account” option to check the Hotmail settings. If everything is working fine, click on the ” next” button. When everything is working in the right manner, you will see a confirmation message appearing on your screen. Hit the “Close” button and complete the process. At last, restart the Microsoft email and continue using the services.
2. For Android: Reset the email app.
Many times, the default Email application on your Android device is not able to synchronize with your Hotmail account. This can be because of settings malfunction, to fix the ” Hotmail not syncing” issue, you can proceed with the instructions mentioned below:
- On your Android device, go to the settings.
- Click the ” application” option.
- Go to the ” all apps” section.
- Look for the “Email& email widget app”. Tap on it to open.
- Click the ” force stop” option.
- At last, click ” clear cache”, and reset the data settings”.
Once you are the steps above, close all the windows. After that, try to reach your Hotmail account. If the method is not helping you out to fix the problem, you can re-install the application on your device. The steps will allow you to fix the major malfunctions on your Hotmail account, and let you complete the syncing process without any trouble.
3. For iOS: Change the mail to sync
Most of the time “Hotmail not Syncing” problem occurs in the iOS device due to improper time synchronization settings. To troubleshoot the problem you need to reset it normally. Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow to do so:
- On the iOS device, click the ” settings”.
- Click the ” password and account” option.
- In this window, you need to tap on the ” Hotmail account” option.
- In the next step, tap “Mail Days to sync”.
- Thereafter, choose the ” no limit” option.
- At last, click the ” back” option.
This will help you to fix the Hotmail not syncing problem on your device. Now you can access the Hotmail services on your iOS platform without any trouble.
There are situations in which the error may appear on your iOS device due to a manual mistake while synchronizing the account for permission. Most of the time, users do not allow email syncing options that create trouble. To troubleshoot the issue, you need to check your email inbox that looks like a pop-up for permission. When you find the option, you need to open it and click on the ” continue using the email app” option. Now, the problem will be resolved.
The Last Words
If you want to use a Hotmail email service on your device, you need to complete the syncing process correctly. Many users find trouble in the syncing process, and end up with no results. With the above-mentioned guidelines, you can easily resolve Hotmail not syncing problems on your Windows, Android, or iOS platforms. The Mansion troubleshooting steps are simple and easy to follow.
But if you are not getting the appropriate result even after following the guidelines above, then something else can be wrong with your Hotmail account. In such a situation, it is recommended to contact the Hotmail experts for professional advice. The technicians are available around the clock, so you can call, email, or send messages any time you want and get the appropriate guidance instantly to fix the problem. Once your problem is resolved you can continue using Hotmail email services on any device you want without any hassle.