How to Block Spam & Unwanted Emails on iPhone?
With the continuous advancement of technology, our inboxes can become flooded with unwanted emails. They can all lead to frustration- relentless promotional ads, endless newsletters, or pesky spam. You might feel like you’re drowning in a sea of digital letters! But fortunately, with an iPhone in your pocket, you can control what reaches your inbox. It’s quite straightforward, and anyone can do it! With this blog, we will provide you with methods on How to Block Emails on iPhone easily. So let’s begin!
Also Read: How to Unsubscribe From Emails on Gmail
Need to Block Unwanted Emails
The need to block emails on an iPhone, or any device for that matter, often arises due to several reasons:
- Spam and Unwanted Emails: Often, you’ll receive a plethora of emails from sources you don’t recognize or need, like advertising newsletters, promotional deals, or automated messages.
- Privacy and Security: Some emails might try to scam you or infect your device with malware. Blocking these senders is crucial to maintain your privacy and security.
- Distraction Reduction: Constant email notifications can become distracting, especially if irrelevant. Blocking unnecessary senders helps you focus on important matters.
- Data Management: Too many unwanted emails can consume valuable storage space in your mailbox. By blocking such emails, you can manage your data more efficiently.
Read More – How to Block Emails on AOL
How to Block Emails on iPhone?
Below are some solutions to block email on iPhone:
Solution 1: Block the Email Sender Through Mail App
Utilize the Mail app’s inherent features to block undesired senders. By tapping on the ‘Block this Contact’ option within an email, you can stop all future emails from that sender, immediately relieving unnecessary email mess. The following are the steps:
- Open the Mail app.
- Open an email from the sender which you wish to block.
- Tap on the sender’s name to reveal more options.
- Tap on ‘Block this Contact.’
- Confirm your action in the popup by tapping ‘Block this Contact’ again.
Read More – How to Block Emails on Hotmail
Solution 2: Block an Email Address Using the Settings App
You can use the Settings app to block specific email addresses manually. By adding these addresses to the ‘Blocked’ section within the ‘Mail’ settings, future emails from these senders will be prevented from reaching your inbox. The following are the steps for how to block emails on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Mail.’
- Tap ‘Blocked’.
- Tap ‘Add New,’ then enter the email address to block.
- Lastly, click on Done.
Solution 3: Block an Email Address in a Specific Email Account
iOS offers the ability to block emails within specific accounts. Under the ‘Mail’ settings, you can choose an account and specify a sender to block, giving you granular control over the emails that reach each account. Following are the detailed steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll to ‘Mail’ and tap on ‘Accounts.’
- Select the specific email account.
- Tap ‘Blocked Sender Options.’
- Enter the email address to block.
Solution 4: Block Email Address Via the Contacts App
If you wish to halt all communication from a specific contact, the Contacts app offers a complete solution. By blocking a contact, you cease all interactions, including emails, calls, and texts, creating a comprehensive barrier against unwanted contact. Follow the detailed means:
- Open the Contacts app.
- Find and select the contact to block.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Block this Caller.’
- Confirm your action by tapping ‘Block Contact.’
How to Block Emails on iPhone Using Gmail Account?
You can also block the emails on your iPhone from the Gmail account. Blocking emails from a Gmail account on your iPhone involves using the Gmail app’s functionality. By blocking a sender, their emails automatically go to your Spam folder, clearing your inbox of unwanted messages. The following are the steps:
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Open the email from the sender to block.
- Tap on the three dots for menu from the upper right corner.
- Tap ‘Block [Sender’s Name]’ from the dropdown menu.
- Confirm your action in the popup by tapping ‘Block.’
How to Block Emails on iPhone from Outlook Account?
Blocking emails from an Outlook account on your iPhone requires using the Outlook app’s specific features. This procedure ensures that emails from blocked senders directly move to your junk mail, keeping your inbox clean and organized. Go with the following means:
- Open the Outlook app on your iPhone.
- Open the email from the sender to block.
- Tap on the three dots for the menu in the top right corner.
- In the dropdown menu, select ‘Move to spam.’
- Confirm the action.
Now, you know how to block emails on iPhone. But if you want to block junk emails on your iPhone, then pursue the following section.
How to Stop Spam Email on iPhone?
How to block spam email iPhone procedure involves using the features provided by your specific email application. This process helps to reduce mess, increases security, and ensures a cleaner inbox. Here’s how you can do it using the default Mail app on your iPhone:
- Launch the Mail application and locate an email from the sender you wish to exclude.
- Tap on the sender’s image.
- Click the sender’s name under the “From” category.
- Choose “Block this Contact” and approve the blockade.
To have these emails automatically directed to the Trash folder, undertake the following procedure:
- Unlock your iPhone and navigate to Settings.
- Find and select “Mail.”
- Look and choose “Block Sender Options”.
- Finally, choose “Move to Bin.”
Now, you know how to block emails on iPhone which are unwanted or spam, taking all the necessary space of the email account. Blocking them can make your email account clear and mess-free. If you also want to know more about iPhone emails or related to them, contact our Experts to get suggestions or solutions. Thank You!
Q. How do I permanently block emails on my iPhone?
A. To permanently block emails on your iPhone, use the built-in features of the Mail app. Open the email from the sender you wish to block, tap on the sender’s name, and select ‘Block this Contact.’ Once done, future emails from this sender will no longer appear in your inbox. However, the blocked emails might still be accessible in the ‘All Mail’ folder or under ‘Blocked Messages.’
Q. How do I permanently block unwanted emails?
A. The process for blocking unwanted emails will vary depending on the email client or service you use. For instance, in Gmail or Outlook, you can open an email, tap on the three dots, and select ‘Block’ or ‘Move to spam.’ This will prevent future emails from that sender from reaching your main inbox. Most email services also allow you to automatically set up filters or rules to direct unwanted emails to the spam or trash folder.
Q. Is it possible to block emails on iPhones?
A. Yes, it is possible to block emails on iPhones. You can do this directly from the Mail or Settings apps under the ‘Mail’ settings. The process involves a few simple steps, such as opening the email or going to the settings, selecting the sender, and choosing the option to block the sender. This helps to keep your inbox clean from unwanted emails.