Suddenlink Email Settings for Android and Outlook Using IMAP & POP
If you want to set up a Suddenlink account then it is quite obvious that you will require the Suddenlink email settings and that is why we are here. For the complete setup, you will require the server settings as well as the POP settings.
If they are not configured properly then you will face a problem while receiving or sending emails. We will help you to set up the account in no time that too without any problem. Make it a point to enter the details carefully and check them twice for any spelling mistakes.
Know the difference between IMAP and POP
Before moving on to the Suddenlink email settings, you should know the difference between IMAP and POP for a better understanding.
Internet Message Access Protocol which is also known as IMAP is a common protocol that retains your email on the server and is always synchronized across all your devices. Let’s say that you delete, send or mark a message as unread on one device then it will be replicated on all your devices. IMAP is suggested for those who check their email on several devices since it offers a more reliable experience across all devices.
Post Office Protocol or POP downloads your email to the device. Therefore, activities on one device are not imitated on other devices. Using the same example, if you delete, send or mark a message as unread on one device, the changes will not be redirected to other devices. If you access your email on multiple devices then IMAP is the suggested option.
Suddenlink email settings- IMAP
Suddenlink IMAP server- imap.suddenlink.net
- IMAP port number- 993
- IMAP security- SSL
- IMAP server username- Your complete email ID
- IMAP server password- Your Suddenlink password
Suddenlink email settings- POP
- Suddenlink Mail server account type: POP
- Then – Suddenlink Mail user name: Your complete Suddenlink Mail email address
- Suddenlink Mail password: Suddenlink Mail password
- Suddenlink Mail hostname: pop.suddenlink.net
- Suddenlink Mail port: 110
- Suddenlink Mail TLS/SSL required: NO
Please note that these settings are only going to help you to receive emails as these are the incoming server settings. You need to configure the outgoing server settings separately to send emails.
Suddenlink email settings- SMTP
- SMTP server account type: SMTP
- Then – SMTP user name: Your Suddenlink.net Mail email address
- SMTP password: Suddenlink Mail password
- Suddenlink Mail hostname: smtp.suddenlink.net
- Next is – Suddenlink Mail SMTP port: 25
- Suddenlink Mail SMTP TLS/SSL required: NO
Get the Suddenlink email settings for Outlook
You can configure Suddenlink email easily in Outlook with the help of the following settings:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Choose ‘File’ and click on ‘Add a New Email Account’
- Now Click on ‘Manual Setup’ and then select the ‘Next’ button
- Click on either POP or IMAP as Inbound Mail Server and then on ‘Next’ button
- Fill in the following information:
- User Name: Enter a name that would be shown when you send an email
- Email Address: Fill in your Suddenlink.Net email address
- Account Type: POP3 or IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: Either pop.suddenlink.net or imap.suddenlink.net as per your preference Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.suddenlink.net
- Type in your username and password in ‘Internet email settings
- Click on ‘More Settings
- In the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab- put a tick mark on the box that says ‘My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication
- In the ‘Advanced’ section fill in the port numbers for inbound and outbound mail servers and then click OK.
- Incoming server POP3 – 110
- IMAP port number- 143
- Outgoing mail server SMTP port number- 25 or 587
- Click on ‘Next’
- Choose the ‘Test Account Settings’ Option and then Outlook will test the configuration of the Suddenlink account and set up validation.
Get the Suddenlink email settings for Android
Refer to the steps mentioned below to get the Suddenlink email settings for android:
- Visit the home screen and open the Gmail app
- If you have added an account previously in the app then go to ‘Menu’ and then click on ‘Settings’ then click to ‘Add account’
- Click on ‘Other’ in the setup email tab
- Fill in your email ID and then click on ‘Manual setup’
- Select the ‘POP’ account and enter these details:
- Username- Your Suddenlink name
- Password- Your account password
- POP Server- pop.suddenlink.net
- Security type- None
- Port- 110
- Now Click on ‘Next’ and then fill in the following details:
- SMTP Server- smtp.suddenlink.net
- Port- 25
- Security type- None
- Then Click on ‘Next’ and choose the email check frequency
- Fill in the account name and hit ‘Done’ upon completion
We hope that we were able to help you with the Suddenlink email settings. If there is anything else that you require assistance with then do connect with email support experts and we will help you out with the best of our expertise.