How to Configure AOL Email Settings Using IMAP
If you want to download email, IMAP is meant to be the best option for any email client. Now in case any user wants to access AOL Mail and work with any compatible email client, IMAP is necessary. First, mention specific details about AOL Mail and then work on the IMAP server settings. All your messages can be accessed with the AOL Mail IMAP server. Thus, you need to AOL Email settings to retrieve the notifications.
Related Post:- Why AOL Mail Not Syncing
Why Does AOL Prefer IMAP Server Settings?
AOL suggests using IMAP settings over POP3 and SMTP. Although both these protocols are supported by AOL. However, there are a few points that IMAP beats in terms of features.
Note: IMAP has the potential to sync the particular service with the AOL Mail account. Thus, whatever actions you perform on email service or app also shows in the AOL Mail interface at AOL. But, POP fails to do so. Instead POP makes a copy of the email.
AOL IMAP Settings
At the time when you set AOL email providers to various other email providers, you will enter specific details. This allows other providers to use your AOL Mail. Below are some IMAP Settings to receive AOL Mail:
- AOL Mail IMAP server address: imap.aol.com
- AOL Mail IMAP username: AOL Mail email address
- AOL Mail IMAP password: AOL Mail password
- AOL Mail IMAP port: 993
- AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: Yes
AOL SMTP Settings
If you want to send a new email from your AOL Account, fill in the SMTP settings details during the account setup to send the outgoing emails from your AOL Mail account. Below given are the details you need to fill in the required space:
- SMTP Outgoing server address: smtp.aol.com
- SMTP port: 465
- SMTP security: TLS/SSL
- SMTP username: AOL email address
- SMTP password: AOL password
Related Post:- How to Block Emails on AOL
Which Features are Unavailable on Other Mail Applications?
Below this article includes what other apps fail to have the feature over AOL email settings:
- Message status: Unable to access unread messages and the user cannot see the status of sent messages. AOL mail allows that.
- Spam: Users do not get permission to use the Report button. Whereas, AOL Mails gives access to report spam messages that are harmful.
- Delete Mail: Different email applications have different settings. Some allow seeing the deleted emails and some do not show deleted emails.
Note: In some mobile apps when you try to set up AOL Mail, there is no need to enable IMAP settings. For example: If we talk about the iPhone Mail app, you simply need to open iPhone’s setting>Accounts section>select the AOL icon. This phone is preconfigured with IMAP settings. You only need to mention the username and password.
Did you follow the above-given steps for AOL Email IMAP Settings? If in case you could not receive the final result then there must be some technical issue. However, it’s not any giant issue that cannot be resolved.
To rectify the issue, get in touch will the expert email support team and acknowledge them about the persisting problem. They are highly skilled and will not take much time to share the solution. Availability is 24*7. Thus, you can connect with the group anytime.