5 Best Fixes For AOL Mail Not Showing Images Issue
AOL Mail has delighted users with its features and smooth working for a long time now. The free web-based email service allows you to easily access important messages and revert to them. However, sometimes you may find AOL Mail not showing images. The problem is not only prevalent among those using it on the web but also among those who use AOL on their Android phones. It’s essential first to determine the extent of this problem when you face it. Sometimes, you may have trouble seeing images that come from a specific domain. On the other hand, it’s possible for images to not show for all your contacts. In this troubleshooting guide, you will find some effective solutions to the problem.
Related Post:- How to Recover Deleted AOL Emails
Preliminary Troubleshooting for AOL Mail Not Showing Images
As mentioned earlier, there are two scenarios where images don’t show. Here is what you should do in each case.
- When images do not show from particular contacts – In this case, you need first to open the message with images from the particular contact. Then locate the ‘Don’t block images‘ option and tap it.
- When images do not show for every contact – Here, go to the login page of AOL email. Once there, tap ‘Settings‘ followed by ‘Options.’ Now head to ‘General.’ Remove the tick from the option ‘Hide images in the mail from unknown persons.’ Finally, tap ‘Apply.’
Related Post:- Why AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails
Other Fixes for AOL Mail Images Not Showing Problem
If you have completed the procedure above but still find images not showing, move on to other measures. Here are some other procedures to tackle this problem.
1. Enable HTML in the mail settings
Many users don’t know that a deactivated HTML often prevents images from appearing in emails. HTML or Hypertext Markup Language needs to be enabled in order to see photos in your mail messages.
- Launch your web browser.
- Now, go to the official login page of AOL Mail. It is login.aol.com.
- Now, just put in your AOL Mail credentials in their respective fields.
- Tap the ‘Sign in‘ button.
- Once you access your account, tap ‘Options.’ It is below your username.
- Now, tap the ‘Mail settings‘ option. This option is there under the ‘Customize‘ tab.
- Now, pick the ‘Compose‘ tab in order to modify the mail settings.
- Head to the option ‘Rich text/HTML.’
- If it is not enabled, enable it.
- Now, choose the ‘Apply changes‘ option.
- After that, sign out of your account.
- Now, refresh your web browser and sign back into your account.
2. Examine the Extension of the Image
Sometimes, images do not show in your mail because of their extension. If the image extension is in a format not supported by AOL Mail, you will face issues. PNG, JPG, and JPEG are three image formats whose images easily show up. Find if your contact has sent you a message with an image extension that does not fall into these categories. In this case, you should convert to any of the above-mentioned extensions. Request the sender of the message to change the image extension format and send the message again.
3. Clear the Cache in Your Web Browser
Accumulated browser cache often leads to AOL Mail not displaying images. So, you must know how to clear the browser cache in order to overcome this issue. Follow these steps that match your browser.
- In your browser, press the icon with three dots. It rests at the top-right part of the browser screen.
- After that, hit the ‘More Tools‘ option.
- Next, pick the option to clear or remove the browsing data.
- Now you need to set any time period. It is ideal to choose the ‘All Time‘ option.
- Now locate the option ‘Cookies and other site data.’ Check it. Also, check the ‘Cached images and files option.
- After checking these boxes, tap ‘Clear data.’ Your cache and cookies will be removed from your browser. You can now check if your images are showing in your AOL Mail account.
Mozilla Firefox browser
- Open Firefox and tap the ‘Library‘ icon.
- Now, choose ‘History.’
- After that, tap the ‘Clear recent history option.
- Now you can choose a time range if you want to clear the history of a specific time.
- Alternatively, if you want to clear the all-time history of the browser, tap ‘Everything.’
- Place a tick on ‘Cache.’ You can remove the tick from the options you don’t desire to clear.
- Lastly, tap ‘Clear now.’
- After you successfully clear your cache, refresh your email. See if you can view the images in your email.
- Fix AOL Mail on the Windows Mail app not showing images.
Many users find images not displaying in AOL when they access it on their Windows Mail app. If you also encounter this issue, you must enable the feature of ‘Sync all messages and network pictures.’
- Go to the Mail app. Now, tap the ‘Settings‘ icon. It is present in the lower-left corner.
- Now, tap ‘Manage accounts.’
- Tap your account name.
- From here, choose the ‘Change settings option.
- Now tap ‘Change mailbox sync settings.’
- Place a tick beside the ‘Always download full message and internet images‘ option.
- Lastly, save settings by tapping ‘Done.’
- Now, start your Mail app again.
4. Reset Your Web Settings
Another easy way to troubleshoot this image issue with AOL Mail is to reset web settings. This fixes any glitch that’s present in the current settings. Use these steps for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Launch the browser and tap the more options symbol.
- Choose ‘Settings‘ and scroll down.
- Click ‘Advanced‘ and head to the ‘Reset and Cleanup‘ part.
- Tap ‘Reset settings to their original defaults.
- Now, press ‘Reset Settings.’
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Head to the ‘About‘ section and then to ‘Support.’
- Tap ‘Refresh Firefox‘ followed by ‘Finish.’
The Bottom Line
These measures will fix the issues that are resulting in AOL Mail not showing images. You can implement them and see which one works for you. But if you don’t find any improvement, contact an expert email support service. The professionals will fix the deeper technical glitches that are creating problems.