Verizon Email Hacked? Here’s How to Recover and Secure It
The Verizon email service is known for its security features. However, users are recently facing quite a hard time maintaining the security of their accounts. Complaints about the Verizon email hacked are becoming common, necessitating everyone to be aware of the measures to protect their accounts. If you find your Verizon account compromised, you must take steps to reset your account password. After that, you should follow certain steps to prevent this event from occurring in the future. In this article, you’ll find how to detect if your account is hacked and stepwise instructions to take charge of your account.
Signs of a Hacked Verizon Account and Its Consequences
There are several signs by which you can be sure of facing a Verizon email account hacked problem. Here are the significant symptoms of a compromised account.
- Your contacts will start complaining to you about getting improper emails from your ID even when you’ve not given them such mails. These improper mails refer to spam emails that a hacked Verizon account will send to others in your Verizon email account’s contact list.
- You will notice your display name has been modified.
- You will start missing various Verizon emails you expect.
- There will be irrelevant password reset email messages on your Verizon email account.
- Users may also find that they cannot log in with the password of their email account anymore.
It’s vital to be aware of the dangerous consequences of a hacked account. Your Verizon account contains so much crucial data about your bank details. The hacker can easily gain access to it if they take charge of your account. They will use your bank details to make any transactions. In fact, as many as 7000 Verizon email accounts have already been a victim of such a theft. So, it’s essential to keep your account secure or recover it as soon as possible when it’s hacked.
Related Post:- Why Verizon Email not Working
How to Recover Hacked Verizon Email Account?
When you find that your Verizon email has been compromised, you must immediately reset the password. Here are the steps to reset it.
- Firstly, open the web browser you use to access Verizon email.
- Navigate to the login page of Verizon email. Now tap the ‘Forgot Info‘ option when you get to the login page.
- Enter your user ID and zip code. Now input it again and tap the ‘Continue‘ button. Follow the directions you see on your screen properly.
- You’ll find a temporary password on your registered phone number either through a text message or a call.
- Type that text on the web page along with the temporary password you’ve received.
- Now you can set up a new password for your email account.
- After entering the new password in its respective text area, tap the ‘Finish‘ button. That’s it, the password recovery process is complete.
Related Post:- Verizon Email Settings
Secure Your Email Account to Prevent Hacking
There are various ways you can protect your email account from getting hacked. Some of the most effective ones are mentioned below.
- Enable two-factor authentication. It ensures that no one apart from you can access your Verizon account.
- You must also examine and change your account settings if needed.
- Go to the ‘Listed Email Accounts‘ list and choose ‘Edit‘ to remove unfamiliar entries.
- Examine your email signature and remove any text you don’t identify.
- Go over your blocked addresses list and check if there are any email addresses that you’ve mistakenly blocked.
- Give answers to security questions that are tough to guess by anyone. Security questions prevent suspicious activity in your account. So, answer these questions to the best of your abilities.
- Install good antivirus software on your system. It will prevent your system and account from becoming vulnerable to hacking attempts.
- Disable third-party extensions that give access to your data. It will protect the information you give.
- You can also report suspicious activity on your Verizon account. Visit this link to report account fraud. Verizon also has a fraud department that tracks any dubious activity. But if you notice any suspicious activities, you can let them know right away.
Some Other Helpful Steps to Protect Your Verizon Email Account
You can also take the following steps if you think someone has accessed your bank information. You must contact the following.
- Your financial institution – They will monitor any suspicious pending activity.
- The Federal Trade Commission – The FTC will give you a recovery plan if someone has stolen your identity.
- Friends and relatives – It’s best to let your near ones know about any suspicious activities so that they do not interact with phishing emails.
Hopefully, you are now well familiar with how to resolve the problem of the Verizon email hack. Follow the steps to recover the hacked Verizon account and use the tips to keep it secure afterward. If you cannot deal with the hacking threat by yourself, contact the expert team of email support service to protect your account effectively.