Simple and Quick Fixes for Verizon Email to Text Not Working
Verizon offers various services for seamless communication, such as the internet and email. One of them is its private messaging service called VText. It allows people to receive and send text messages via email. The feature is also fully secure, and so, many people use it. However, sometimes, you may find Verizon email to text not working. It can be particularly problematic for those who depend on this technology to communicate. Moreover, you may not realize what is causing the problem in the first place. If you’ve been facing this issue lately, and want some effective solutions, read this post till the end.
Some Causes of Verizon Email to Text Not Working
You must know the causes before implementing the fixes of any particular problem. This feature may not work due to the following reasons.
- Your internet connection is not strong.
- There is too much cache in your web browser.
- You have exceeded the SMS length.
- It is possible that you have already sent bulk messages and so cannot send more.
- There can be server issues at the end of Verizon.
- Third-party security software or antivirus is causing issues with the VText.com service.
Also Read: Recover Verizon hacked email account
Resolve the Verizon VText Not Working Issue
Now, all you need to do is fix the causes mentioned in the previous section. Here is the troubleshooting you need to follow.
Fix your internet connection
A good internet connection is vital for VText to work. You must ensure that there’s no problem with your internet service provider and you are getting seamless internet connectivity. Use these tips to troubleshoot the connection.
- See the Wi-Fi signal icon – Click it and ensure you are linked to the suitable SSID via the correct password.
- Examine your internet package – Do a speed test by going to sites like speedtest.net. You will get the speed of your computer and you can go to ISP’s website and see if you’ve paid the bill.
- See that your modem and router are lit up – If the lights aren’t flashing properly, you need to call your ISP. Plugin your router again or re-enable Wi-Fi.
Reload your web browser
One of the major causes that makes you encounter email to text Verizon not working is a browser issue. Excessive cache or broken links tend to slow it down. It, in turn, negatively impacts the working of VText.
The fix for it is simple. You just need to keep refreshing your browser periodically to ensure it works as intended. Here is how to clear cache in browsers like Chrome and Safari.
- On Chrome, tap the ‘Tools’ menu, indicated by three dotted lines.
- Now, choose ‘History.’
- From the left side, tap ‘Clear browsing data.’
- Configure the ‘Time Range’ to ‘All Time.’
- Place a tick beside the options that say ‘Cached images and files.’ Also, place a check beside ‘Cookies and other site data.’
- Finally, choose ‘Clear data.’
- Now, relaunch Chrome to save the applied changes.
- From the top menu bar, tap ‘Safari’ and choose ‘Preferences.’
- Now, tap the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- After that, tap ‘Manage website data…’
- Tap ‘Remove all’ followed by clicking ‘Remove now.’
- From the Safari menu, choose the ‘Quit’ option to exit Safari and save the changes.
Also Read: Verizon Email Not Working
Examine the SMS length and volume of messages sent
You will find problems in sending email to text Verizon if your messages are longer or high in volume. To fix it, begin by examining the length of your text. If it exceeds 160 characters, you’ll inevitably face problems in sending it.
Reduce the length and then try to send the message. You will not face any issues now. Another thing to note is the volume of messages you are sending. Verizon restricts its users to send bulk messages. But if you are someone who cannot do without sending bulk messages, it’s best to use enterprise messaging.
Ensure that the numbers of your contacts are not blocked
Some Android device users with Google Voice accounts complain that they cannot receive messages from specific contacts. You can examine if you’ve not mistakenly blocked those contacts.
- Launch the Voice app.
- Click ‘Messages, Calls, or Voice Mails.’
- Now, open a call from a specific contact and tap ‘More options.’
- From here, you can unblock them.
Also Read: Configure IMAP/POP Verizon Email Settings
Uninstall your antivirus
Security software safeguards you from malicious attacks. But they can also pose issues with Verizon services. If you find your Verizon text messages going to email, check your antivirus. It can be blocking VText.com.
As the first step, temporarily disable the security software. Then check if the VText service is working. If it works, you need to add VText.com to the trusted sites list. This will prevent the antivirus from blocking it.
Switch on the send an SMS feature
The VText service is bound to work effectively when you employ the fixes mentioned above. But still, if you face difficulties in sending email to text Verizon, switch on the SMS settings. VText stops due to SMS settings on the user’s device.
So, a simple resolution is to launch the settings of your device and toggle on the feature of ‘Send an SMS.’ This feature will allow you SMS to be sent regardless of the working of VText.
Also Read: Reset Verizon Email Login Password
Fix the glitch in your browsing device
Sometimes, an issue with your browsing device can also interrupt the working of VText. So, you just need to restart the browsing device. However, if there are some open files on your device, save them first. In addition, exit the browser and the running applications. Now, restart your system or smartphone. It’ll bring the applications back to their original state, and they will work normally.
Use the instructions in this post whenever you find your Verizon email to text not working. All the measures are pretty simple and will probably resolve the glitch that is making the VText feature malfunction. But if you need further help, speak to an email technical support professional. They are the right person who will troubleshoot and bring the service back on track.