In the United States Bellsouth email service is quite famous. As States has a large number of customers of Bellsouth, therefore they also get into so many troubles related to it. Hence Bellsouth email settings require a bit of expert advice if you are not aware of it. When you decide to you this email service provider you have to do setup first.
Are you unaware of the Bellsouth email setup process? Don’t you know how to proceed with is you face any technical issues in it? Well, don’t worry here in this blog you will get all the solutions. The issues generally users face are either related to sing-up or send/receive an error. So, if you are facing any one of the errors or some other issues then take the complete tour of the blog to get complete knowledge about it.
As so many users also use Outlook as their go-to email client, hence there you will also find the email settings about how to configure the Bellsouth.net account on Outlook.
Bellsouth Email Settings For Outlook
Setting up the Hotmail account in Outlook.com is as simple as it sounds. While doing this you don’t need to do any manual configuration of incoming and outgoing servers. Just enter the credentials and sink emails and you are done.
But it is not the same case with third-party email clients. As some of them need a manual approach when configuring POP3 SMPT servers. If you have knowledge about the procedure then obviously it will e easy for you. However, if not then don’t worry you can easily set up the Bellsouth email by following our guide. Below is the guide to setup Bellsouth email in Outlook on Windows 10.
- Open the Outlook client
- Select File and click on Add Account
- Now select “Manual configuration server setting or additional server types”
- Click Next >> Yes on the new window
- Next, you need to enter the Bellsouth email address and name
- Select IMAP and POP and click on Next
- In Incoming Mail Server: ‘imap.mail.att.net’In Outgoing Mail Server: ‘smtp.mail.att.net’
- When prompted enter your email address and password
- Click on More Settings and check both “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” boxes.
- Now click on the Advanced tab and make sure that the Incoming Server port number for POP3 is 995
- And ensure that the Outgoing Server Port has- 465
- Now, under SSL disable- Use the following type of encrypted connection.
- Click Finish, the email setup process is completed now
Now you can enjoy your Bellsouth and Outlook mail in one place. If Outlook is your go-to email service provider don’t worry you won’t miss your Bellsouth email mails, because now you can access them on Outlook as well.
While setting Bellsouth email, configuring with Outlook, or signing up if you face any error, you can consult with Bellsouth email support expert for instant solutions. If you are facing the send and receive an error, you should look for all kinds of configurations that you have done recently. And still, find yourself unable in solving the issue, consult the Bellsouth skilled technicians to get the best solutions to the error.
By performing the above Bellsouth email settings you will be able to send and receive emails without facing any issue. Outlook will allow you all kinds of configuration options and settings, therefore ensure that you customize it according to your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I log into my Bellsouth email?
Logging into Bellsouth email is as simple as logging into any other email. All you need is to visit the AT&T login page and then enter your Bellsouth email address and password in the given fields. If you are going to log into your Bellsouth email in the future, you can check the Save User ID option, otherwise uncheck it. At last, you need to click on the Sign In button and you’ll be taken to your Bellsouth account.
Once signed in, you can easily send and receive emails on your account.
Another method, to access the Bellsouth account is by configuring Bellsouth email settings on any of the email clients. You can use the ATT application or any other third party email application of your choice.
How do I recover my Bellsouth Net Email?
If you haven’t used your Bellsouth net email for a while and don’t remember it’s the password, then you can use the below steps to recover your account.
- Open the AT&T login page.
- Click on the Forgot password option below on the left side of the Password box.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your User ID and last name.
- Check that I’m not a robot box and complete the task.
- Follow the instructions on your screen and create a new password for your account.
After successfully resetting your Bellsouth Net email, you can sign in to your account on the ATT login page with your new account credentials.
What is Bellsouth.Net Mail Server?
Bellsouth.net IMAP Server = imap.mail.yahoo.com
Bellsouth.net POP Server = smtp.mail.yahoo.com
What are the email settings for Bellsouth Net?
There are two ways to configure your Bellsouth email settings, one using the IMAP server and another is POP3. We recommend you use IMAP settings as they are much more efficient. However, if you prefer POP3 due to some reason, you can refer to the Bellsouth POP3 settings mentioned below.
Given below are the Bellsouth email settings for IMAP account:
IMAP Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Bellsouth email Setting For outgoing (SMTP) server:
SMTP Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Bellsouth Email settings For a POP3 account
Bellsouth POP Server: inbound.att.net
Enter your Bellsouth email address in the Username field and then account password in the Password field.
How do I contact Bellsouth?
To get help for your Bellsouth email issues, you can take the help of our Bellsouth email Support experts. Use our Bellsouth Email Phone Number in order to connect with our email professionals.
How do I get my Bellsouth email on my iPhone?
You can set up your Bellsouth email on your iPhone device using iOS Mail or Settings. Given below are the steps that you can use to configure Bellsouth email settings on your iOS device.
- Open your iPhone and then Settings an application.
- Navigate Mail, Contacts, Calendars option, and select Add Account.
- Now click on Other and then select Add Mail Account option.
- After that, you are required to enter your Bellsouth email credentials in the given fields.
- Enter the Name that you want to use to represent your Bellsouth account in the Description field and then hit Next.
- Select whether you want to set up a POP or IMAP account.
- If you’ve selected POP as the account type, then enter pop.att.yahoo.com in the POP server (Host Name). For IMAP account email setup, enter imap.mail.yahoo.com under Incoming Mail Server Host Name
- Next, under the Outgoing Mail Server tab, you need to enter “smtp.att.yahoo.com” in the Host Name field.
- Lastly, enter your Bellsouth email address and then account password in the given fields and Hit Save.
If you have entered your account credentials correctly including the Bellsouth email settings, your account setup on iOS will be successful. After that, you can easily access your Bellsouth account from iOS Mail and use it everywhere on your iPhone.
Who Owns Bellsouth Net Email?
Bellsouth Net Email i.e. BellSouth Corp. was acquired by AT&T Inc in 2006. The email service provider Bellsouth is still the wholly-owned subsidiary of At&T by the date.
How do I transfer my Bellsouth email to Gmail?
- If you want to transfer your Bellsouth emails to your Gmail account, then use the steps below:
- Login to your BellSouth email form any web browser.
- Head to the email settings of your Bellsouth account and navigate the Forwarding and POP Mail section.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP Mail option, and follow the instructions on your screen.
- At last, you are required to enter the email address of your Gmail account in the Forwarding Mail Address field.
Make sure you Save the settings and once done with the procedure, you’ll receive all your Bellsouth emails on your Gmail account.
How do I change my Bellsouth Net Email?
You can change your Bellsouth Net email only if you are an active user of ATT services. If not, we are afraid, there’s no way to change your Bellsouth Net Email. To change your Bellsouth Net Email if you are an active user of ATT services, then use the steps below:
- Sign in to your email from AT&T login page and head to the profile section
- Click on the Contact info and then the Email tab.
- Click on Edit next to your User ID.
- Enter the new email address and hit Save.
How do I set up my Bellsouth email on outlook?
Given below are the steps you can use to set up your Bellsouth email account and then configure Bellsouth email settings on Outlook:
- Launch Outlook Mail on your Windows PC and click on the File tab.
- Select the Add account option.
- From the bottom of the screen, select Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types option.
- Hit Next and then click on Yes.
- Enter the Email Address and Name of your Bellsouth account.
- Select IMAP and POP option and then click on Next
- Enter imap.mail.att.net in the Incoming Mail Server (IMAP Server)
- Now, enter smtp.mail.att.net in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).
- Now, you are required to enter your Bellsouth email account credentials i.e. your email address and password in the appropriate fields.
- Go to the More Setting tab and select “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use Same Settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Now head to Advanced tab and check if the POP3 port is set to 995. If not, update it.
- Set Outgoing Server port to 465.
- Also, you need to enable SSL security in the “Use the following type of encrypted connection”.
- Hit Finish.
Now, Outlook will verify your Bellsouth email settings and your account setup will be completed if your settings were accurate.
How do I set up my Bellsouth email on my Android phone?
You can set up your Bellsouth email account on your Android phone from the Gmail application. The process is as simple as adding any other account to Gmail. You need to click on the Add account option, select Other and then enter your Bellsouth email credentials. This would add your Bellsouth email to your Android phone.
If you fail to add your account to the Gmail app using the automatic email setup, you can use the Manual setup procedure. For manually setting up your Bellsouth email on Gmail, you need to enter Bellsouth email settings for IMAP.
What happened to the Bellsouth email? What are ATT email settings?
Bellsouth email is now owned by AT&T. You can still access your Bellsouth account from the AT&T Login page.
The correct ATT email settings are:
Incoming Server (IMAP): imap.mail.att.net (Port: 993)
Outgoing Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.att.net (Port: 993)
How do I set up a Bellsouth email account?
Well, first of all, it depends on the fact where you want to set up your Bellsouth email account. If you want to use it on the Android device, you can add your Bellsouth account to Gmail. If you want to use it on Windows, you can either configure Bellsouth email settings on Outlook or Windows Mail. You can also set up your Bellsouth email account on iPhone by adding it to iOS Mail.
Refer to the FAQs mentioned above to know the procedure of setting up your Bellsouth email account.