What to do when you notice Emails Disappearing From Outlook?
As with the previous user, you may one day discover that some of your emails have vanished from your Outlook Inbox folder. These emails may be current or older, related to a certain topic or sent by a particular individual, and so on. This blog post will assist you in recovering all of the emails that have vanished from your Outlook inbox.
Why are Emails Disappearing From Outlook?
There are a number of possible causes for the Outlook Incoming Emails disappearing issue. Several of them are reversible, while others are not. Let us consider the following potential explanations:
1. Configuration Settings Issues
There may be a problem with your account’s POP or IMAP settings. This problem may occur if you make an error when setting them.
2. Emails Accidentally Deleted
Indeed, you may delete emails inadvertently and be unaware of them, resulting in their disappearance from your account. Assume you have Outlook set up and synchronized on your mobile device. Unaware of this sync, you are deleting emails when they are really removed from your account, not simply your mobile device.
If you have been idle for an extended period of time, you may potentially encounter this problem.
4. Incorrectly Configured Filter Option
If you applied the incorrect filters, you may be unable to view emails. These emails would be old, read, unread, or without attachments.
5. Outlook Account That Has Been Compromised
Additionally, you may encounter this problem if your Outlook account is hijacked or abused by another party. Change your password if necessary.
How to Resolve Emails Disappearing From Outlook Issue?
As previously stated, there are many reasons why emails disappear from Outlook. To address this issue, we’ll examine a couple of the most viable manual methods. Let us examine them:
Solution 1) Check the Deleted Items Folder as a First Step
If you are unable to locate a few messages in your Outlook Inbox, you likely erased them unintentionally. These emails that you delete from your inbox are not immediately deleted. Rather than that, these emails are kept in the Deleted Items folder. Therefore, to recover lost things, go to the Deleted Items folder and retrieve emails.
Solution 2) Inspect Filters
Occasionally, filters may be a significant cause for emails to vanish. Therefore, attempt to alter the filter parameters. To modify the filter settings, follow the steps below:
- Begin by opening Outlook and selecting the View tab.
- Select the View Settings option in the Current View section.
- Select the Filter option in the new Advanced View Settings dialogue box.
- Navigate to the More Choices tab in the new Filter dialogue box.
- Check to see whether any filter boxes are selected in this category; if so, uncheck all and click OK.
- Examine Filters
Solution 3) Use Advanced Find to do an Email Search.
If you’re unable to locate a few emails that were previously in your inbox, try using Outlook’s Advanced Find function. To do this, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Open Outlook and go to the Inbox tab.
- To enable the Search Tools tab in the top area, click on the Search box.
- Expand the drop-down menu for Search tools and choose Advanced Find.
- Now, in the provided columns, add the appropriate information about the emails you want to search. There are three categories, and you may choose the one that is most appropriate for you.
- Export the previous mail history, create a new Outlook profile, then import the previous mail history.
- By exporting old emails and then importing them into a new Outlook profile, you can recover all of your deleted emails. Let’s go through each of the three stages in detail one by one.
Solution 4) Export Old Mail History
The first step in recovering lost old emails is to export old mail history. Thus, let us begin:
- Start Outlook.
- Find the File menu and click it. Select Open & Export from the menu that appears.
- From the Open & Export menu, choose Export/Import.
- Select Export to a file from the Import and Export Wizard dialogue box.
- From the Export to a File dialogue box, choose Outlook data file (.pst).
- Choose the email account for which you want to make changes.
- Once the email account has been selected, click the Include Subfolders box.
- Now, select Next to proceed.
- After that, in the new dialogue box, click the Browse button and specify the location and name of the exported file.
- Now choose a suitable choice from the list; in this case, we’ll choose “Replace duplicates with items exported,” since that meets our present need.
- When finished, click the Finish button.
Solution 5) Begin by Creating a New Outlook Profile.
To create a new Outlook profile, go to Control Panel and follow the instructions below:
- Once in the Control Panel, find and click the Mail icon.
- Select the Show Profiles option after the dialogue box has been opened.
- Now, click the add button to begin the process of creating a new profile.
- Add a name for the profile and click OK.
- Now, follow the on-screen steps to establish a new Outlook profile by providing the required information.
Solution 6) Import Previously Sent Mail History
The last of the three stages is to import the previous Outlook profile’s message history. To begin, open Outlook and follow the instructions listed below.
- Select the File menu. Choose Open & Export from the drop-down menus.
- Now, from the list, choose the Import/Export option.
- Select Import from another application or file from the dialogue window and click the Next button.
- Then, select the Outlook Data file from the new list of choices (.pst).
- To continue, click the Next button.
- In the subsequent step, click the Browse button.
- Search for the file that was saved during the export process, select it, and wait for the history to correctly sync. After the process confirms that all folders have been updated, you may check your Outlook profile for freshly imported emails.
This was the last of three stages, after which you will be able to restore all of your deleted emails to your new Outlook profile.
How to quickly retrieve emails that have been permanently deleted?
If the techniques outlined above are too tedious or complex for you, we recommend taking a shortcut and using an automatic PST repair program. Kernel for Outlook PST Repair enables us to retrieve completely lost emails and repair PST file damage. Try the trial version for free to get a feel for the program’s features and operation. The following is a snapshot of the program, which shows an option to preserve just deleted emails.
We have discussed both manual methods and sophisticated technologies to the condition of emails disappearing from Outlook. We learned how to retrieve them. If the manual approach does not work, you may use Kernel for Outlook PST Repair program to recover all emails. You may afterward re-save the emails in a new PST file. In case if the issue continues to give you headaches, you can contact our Outlook support experts. Experts have vast expertise in dealing with the issue of Outlook email.