Why is My Gmail Not Receiving Emails on iPhone? How to Get Them?
Gmail is the most used email client among all the email clients in the market. It provides many email features and enables you to send/receive email from any other email client without any configuration. Gmail allows its users to store their documents, images, videos, and other digital documents in its 15 GB free storage. You can also send an email attachment of 25MB. It is accessible from both Operating systems and mobile devices. But somehow, when users operate Gmail on iPhones, they see a problem with it. They stated that – Gmail not receiving emails on iPhones. This can be due to various causes, which we will describe through the medium of this blog. It also provides you with troubleshooting solutions to resolve this issue. Here we go with causes.
Why Am I Not Receiving Emails on Gmail?
There can be very significant reasons why your Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone. These are:
- A poor Internet Connection can be a significant cause of the issue.
- Gmail cannot receive email on iPhone due to the server outage.
- When you disable the IMAP and POP on the iPhone.
- When your Gmail app on your iPhone is not updated to the latest release.
- Gmail not syncing on iPhone.
After knowing the reasons, let’s resolve the issue and get your emails back.
Solutions for Gmail Not Receiving Emails on iPhone Issue
Gmail always is an advanced emailing program, but it also undergoes technical issues. That can cause the issue that your Gmail is not receiving emails on iPhone. Don’t have to worry about it. Here, you will get the solutions when you are not getting Gmail emails on iPhone. Following are:
Solution 1: Check Your Internet
The first thing you should do when your Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone is to check your internet. Verify your internet speed if you are using WiFi. Restart and recheck your WiFi router to see whether it’s the cause of the slow internet. However, when utilizing cellular data on a mobile device, check the speed by launching any web application. If the app opens slowly, your smartphone may not receive an adequate internet signal. To fix internet problems, you can turn off and on your phone’s cellular data or utilize Airplane Mode.
Solution 2: Check the Spam folder
When your Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone, then there are chances that your emails may be moved to the spam folder by Gmail’s spam filter. Search for the email by the sender’s email address in your spam folder on the left panel. If you know the email address and discover the email open in Gmail, you may also search the system to see if it is stored there. If not, move on to the following strategy.
Solution 3: Force Closing And Reopening of the Gmail App
If your internet connection is configured correctly but your Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone, try a force stop or quit and reevaluate the program. This process will remove all the running variables that Gmail uses. Open App Switcher, slide right to find the app, then swipe up on the app to close it forcibly on an iPhone.
Reopen the Gmail app by selecting it from the Home Screen.
Check for the problem after opening Gmail; if still iPhone not receiving emails issue exists, move on to the next fix.
Solution 4: Add An Account And Enable Gmail Imap
You could get a problem with Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone if IMAP is disabled. Therefore, you must add and enable IMAP on the iPhone to fix the issue. To do that, you must:
The most recent iOS devices, such as the iPhone X and higher, should follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the iPhone Settings.
- Secondly, go down and choose Mail and tap on Accounts.
- After that, tap on Add Account and then tap on Other from the list. You don’t have to select Gmail from the list.
- Now, provide your Name, Gmail Address, Login Password, and Description.
- Tap on Next to proceed.
- In the next step, tap on the IMAP, then provide the following:
- Host Name: imap.gmail.com
- User Name: Gmail user name
- Password: Gmail password
7. After that, provide the Outgoing Mail Server settings with the following:
- Host Name: smtp.gmail.com
- User Name: Gmail user name
- Password: Gmail password
- Now, your account will be verified; tap on Next.
- In the end, select both Mail & Notes and then tap on Save.
Solution 5: Update Gmail App
Technical issues, Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone, can occasionally arise while using an outdated version of iPhone Gmail. Therefore, you must download the most recent version of the Gmail app, which can also solve your IMAP and other app difficulties. It will also resolve your problem when Gmail not showing email content on iPhone. Go to Settings > Gmail > Default Mail App on your iPhone to update the Gmail app. The most recent version of Gmail is 6.0. 201115, which is installable.
Solution 6: Check Your Gmail Storage
These days, it is a common problem for Gmail to stop receiving emails in 2022 because of storage space limitations. Your emails, files, photographs, and other Google applications can all use the 15 GB of free storage that Gmail offers. Your Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone with any attachments when the storage is full. Therefore, make some room and check your email. As an example, check the following:
- Open the Google One app.
- Tap Storage down at the bottom.
- Find the storage that each Google product utilizes under “Storage Details.”
- Tap Family storage to view the storage utilization of additional family members.
Sometimes, Gmail won’t load due to some reason so this error is faced by the users.
Solution 7: Allow Access to Gmail
In some situations where Gmail doesn’t provide permission on other devices, you can face Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone. Make the iPhone an authorized device by taking the following actions to remedy this problem:
- Click the https://accounts.google.com/b/0/DisplayUnlockCaptcha link.
- A redirect will take you to the Google Mail browser page.
- Here, you must provide Google access to your account.
- Click on Continue now.
- Your iPhone will finally receive authorization.
Call of Action
When Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone, it can be a little worrying moment. But with the above solutions, you can fix this issue and get your emails in the Gmail inbox. If you are facing an issue with the solutions, you can reach us via Live Chat or Email. You can also comment about the same; we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank You!