Microsoft Outlook is a software suite that combines multiple services together like emails, calendars, contact information, and more. Outlook has become an important part of business nowadays, millions of users worldwide are using the Outlook services to do numerous day-to-day work tasks. This demand for MS Outlook gives rise to a situation where users may need to coordinate with their team members, colleagues, or friends for meetings and events. In such a situation, it is a good idea to “share Outlook calendar” so everyone can stay up to date about what’s going around.
A user can use Microsoft Outlook calendar with anyone having an Outlook email address, even if they are not a regular Outlook user. In this post, we are sharing some simple instructions that can help you to share Outlook calendars with other users. So, keep reading and follow the simple steps to do the task.
What are The Steps to Share Outlook Calendar?
It is easy to “share Outlook calendar”, but how you do it matters a lot, else the people you are sharing the calendar with may end up struggling to access the calendar.
Let’s proceed next, and have a look at how to share the Outlook calendar. It doesn’t matter if you want to share the outlook calendar inside your organization, or outside the organization; the process of sharing an Outlook calendar will be the same for all. Although, how recipients access the calendar may vary, especially, if the person you are sharing the calendar with is not using Outlook. The process of sharing a calendar is pretty simple though. Below, we are sharing some easy instructions that can help you to do the task without any trouble:
Steps to Share Your Outlook Calendar:
- Open “MS Outlook”.
- From the “Menu”, click the “Calendar”. The option is present at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now, Choose the “Share Calendar” option.
- Select the calendar that you would like to share.
- Hit the “Add” button from the calendar properties box.
- Now you need to provide the contact details (or Email address) of a person with whom you would like to “share Outlook calendar”. Hit the “Add” button.
- Once you are done, hit the “Ok” button.
- If you want to change the default permission level, click the “choose your permission” option. By choosing this option, you can either switch to the “can view all details” or the “can edit all details” option.
- Once you have selected the option, hit the “OK” button.
Important: Users can share Outlook calendar with anyone who does not have a Microsoft email account, however, that person will only be able to view the calendar, they cannot make any edits.
So, these are some simple steps that will let you share your outlook calendar without a hassle. Follow the steps carefully to avoid technical mistakes.
Steps to Share an Outlook Calendar on Android or iPhone?
Yes! It is possible to share an MS Outlook calendar through Outlook mobile application on your Android or iOS device. To know how to share your outlook calendar on Android or iPhone devices, you can proceed with the step-by-step instructions mentioned below.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application on your smartphone.
- Choose “calendar menu” from the upper left corner of the screen.
- Hit the “Gear” icon.
- Now, select the “Add people” option. Choose the one you would like to add.
- Tap on the person’s name to add the permission.
- Tap on the checkmark.
Users can edit the permission whenever they want or they are sharing the calendar with. If you want to stop the calendar that someone has shared with you, you can simply uncheck the box next to the name under “people’s calendar”. Users can also type on the three dots setting option present next to the name of the person with whom the calendar has been shared. The user can edit the name of the calendar, colors, and, make settings as per their preference.
So, these are some simple instructions that would help you to “share Outlook calendar” on Android or iOS devices.
How to Open the Shared Outlook calendar?
Once you have shared the calendar, or receive the request for a shared calendar, you can proceed with the step-by-step instructions below to open the shared calendar.
- Open the outlook email with the shared calendar.
- Choose the “Accept” option.
- Choose “Calendar”>>” Shared Calendars” to view the shared calendar.
- Select the character you would like to open.
- Choose “view in overlay mode”
Unable to Open a Shared Outlook Calendar?
- Close every Close all the Outlook programs running in the background.
- Restart your computer.
- Go to the “Windows menu”. Select the “Run” option.
- Here, type “outlook/clean reminders” in the blank space provided.
- Hit the OK button to clean the files.
- Choose the Run option again, and type “Outlook/reset folders” to reset all the outlook folders. This will set every file to standard all factory settings.
- Hit the Ok button.
- Turn off your system once the process is completed.
- Turn on your system again and open Microsoft Outlook.
- Once again, you can start to plan and schedule your days.
The Bottom Line
The Microsoft Outlook calendar has become an important part of many people’s lives. With the mentioned steps above, you forget to learn “how to share Outlook calendar”. Every mentioned instruction easily lets you share the calendar without any hassle.
However, if you are still unable to “share Outlook calendar” following the guidelines we have mentioned above, don’t worry, you can always contact the Outlook support team for help. The professionals are available around the clock, and they will provide you the best solution to fix the problem. The experts will guide you about how to share Outlook calendar to your computer, Android, or iOS device. And also share helpful tips to make your Outlook experience better than before. You can contact the experts anytime you want, the support services are available through live chat, email messaging, and remote calling service.