Outlook Working Offline? Try These Steps To Fix This Error
Microsoft Outlook is a feature-rich desktop application used for sending and receiving emails. The software is used by millions of people globally to have a desirable emailing experience. Microsoft Outlook delivers great performance, however, sometimes, the functionality can be hindered due to issues like outlook working offline error. If you are also facing trouble because the outlook is stuck in offline mode, this post can help you to resolve the issue.
Here, we are sharing some easy steps that can help you to fix the “outlook working offline” error on your device. So, keep reading and find the simple method to disable the offline mode in MS Outlook.
Why is Outlook Working Offline?
There can be a number of reasons due to which your Microsoft Outlook may start working in offline mode. The most common reasons are:
- You may have accidentally enabled the offline mode for Microsoft Outlook.
- Microsoft Outlook is not properly configured or not connected to a reliable internet connection.
- Incorrect login details.
- Corrupted Outlook profile.
- Third-party add-ins causing trouble.
These are the most common reasons due to which you may encounter Outlook working offline issues on your device. Now that you know the reasons, let’s proceed next and follow the simple troubleshooting steps to bring Microsoft Outlook back to the online mode.
Troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook Working Offline Issue:
1. Disable the Offline Mode
Microsoft Outlook comes with a feature that allows users to work offline and online. Thus, you need to disable working offline mode to bring it online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Click the “Send/Receive” menu.
- Check the “Work offline” option. You can find this option under the “preference” group. Make sure that you do not click on this option accidentally.
- The offline button will be displayed in grey color, and show normal for the online mode.
- Many users make the mistake of clicking the “Work offline” button that disconnects Microsoft Outlook from the exchange server.
2. Open Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode
If you have not enabled the offline mode for Microsoft Outlook, then you must try to open it in the “Safe Mode”. This can help you in disabling the conflicted settings and add-ins. Here are the step-by-step guidelines you can follow:
- Click the ” Windows + R” key. The Run box will open.
- Here, type “Outlook/Safe” and hit the enter button.
- Your Microsoft Outlook will now open in safe mode.
- When you are prompted to provide the password, select the profile.
- Check whether you are able to get connected to the exchange server in a safe mode or not.
You can also manually disable the add-ins for Outlook working offline fix. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the “File” section in MS Outlook.
- Click ” options”. Go to ” add-ins” and choose “COM add-ins”.
- Hit the “Go” button.
- When you see the popup, you need to disable the add-ins.
3. Check for the Problematic Add-ins
- Go to the “file” section.
- Click “info”.
- Hit the “manage com add-ins” button.
- After this, you would be able to see the list of the add-ins that might be causing you trouble in working in online mode.
- Here, click to disable the add-ins.
- Restart your device and check whether you are connected to the exchange server or not.
4. Check the Internet Connection
If your Outlook working offline problem is not resolved yet, you need to check the internet connection. Check if there is a notification saying “disconnected” appearing in the status bar. Try to open any webpage on the browser to make sure that your internet is working fine.
If something is wrong with the internet, you need to restart the router or reset it to fix the issue. Once the problem is resolved you can continue to use Microsoft Outlook services without any trouble.
5. Repair Office Installation
Although we do not recommend this if nothing helps you out to fix Outlook working offline error repair office installation. You need to make sure that the original installation file has the product key. Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow.
- Press Windows + I key together from the keyboard.
- This will open the settings application.
- Go to the “Apps” section, hit the ” Apps and features”.
- Here, type “Office” in the search bar and filter the office installation package.
- Hit the “App” and Tap on the “modify” button.
Proceed with on-screen guidelines to repair the installation
Are you still stuck in the Outlook offline mode? Here is what you need to do:
A. Reset work offline status: Just like we have mentioned before, make sure that you reset the work offline status.
B. Check for the updates: Check for the updates and if there is any install them on your device.
C. Create a new profile: Your current Microsoft Outlook profile might be faulty due to which you are getting Microsoft Outlook working offline. To fix the error, you can create a new profile. Click “File>> account settings>> click the profile you would like to remove”. Hit the remove button.
If you are still getting Outlook working offline errors, then something can be wrong with the email server. You need to contact Outlook support to get the error corrected. If you are able to send or receive the emails but get disconnected frequently, your system requires an update. Or, you need to check the account settings if there could be something wrong with that.
The above post is clearly describing the possible reasons behind Outlook working offline error, along with their troubleshooting solutions. Microsoft Outlook provides the privilege of using the services in offline as well as online mode. However, if your outlook is working offline and you want to bring it online, you need to check for certain factors.
With these troubleshooting solutions, you can easily fix the Outlook working offline issue. The mentioned steps are simple and easy to follow. But if you are still unable to bring Outlook online, you must contact the professionals and get their advice to do the task. The experts can help you to identify the possible reasons behind the problem and share the most effective troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue instantly. The outlook support team is available around the clock to help, to call or message them anytime you want, and get the desired support you need.