Microsoft Outlook is a superb email client widely being used in all organizations for smooth internal and external communication. It comes with a variety of advanced features that help the users to do their email tasks in a flawless manner. Sometimes we face an Outlook Disconnected Issue in our account but every issue has a solution.
It can be used frequently to manage office meetings, calendars, and shared mailboxes and folders. Regardless of being the most effective and faster email client, sometimes outlook fails to work as well.
This mostly happens due to Outlook Disconnected Issue. But don’t worry if you face this problem as it is very common and can easily be resolved. In the blog-post, we have explained the suitable methods to quick-fix this issue and continue with your work hassle-freely. Let’s read to learn how!
Why Outlook Disconnected Issue Occurs?
There are a few possible scenarios for which you can come across Outlook Disconnected Issue:
- Your Outlook client most probably is working in offline mode, and can’t connect to your mail server.
- Your Outlook client is online, but for some unknown factors, it is disconnected from the server.
- Maybe the Work Offline mode is enabled on Outlook.
- Poor internet connection.
- When using an outdated application.
- The computer may not be in an error state.
- Corrupt MS Office installation is another reason for Outlook not connecting to the network.
Different Methods To Fix Outlook Disconnected Issue on PC And Laptop
Outlook throws an alert message stating ‘Outlook is Disconnected’ and hence you will be prevented from sending or receiving emails. This is a generic error and can be eradicated in a couple of seconds. Here’s what you should perform:
Method 1: Restart Your Windows System
The ‘Outlook Disconnected’ error is usually been arisen when you attempt composing any mails or send/receive to or from email clients. Before implementing anything else in order to get rid of it, we first advise you to try to restart your computer or laptop.
Once you restart your system and network completely, it boots up and then launches the application. Outlook will then start in a normal way and you can without any interruption go ahead with your work. Here is how to power cycle the Windows PC or laptop:
- Switch off your computer and router both.
- Now, slightly remove the main power supply and press and hold the Power button for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, wait for around 5-8 minutes before you plug-in the power supply back.
- After waiting, power on your devices. Now, try connecting to the network once it starts transmitting and check if the Outlook Disconnected Issue has been sorted out from the root.
If the power cycling doesn’t work-out in solving such an issue, move to the next method.
Method 2: Check Your Internet Connection
To access Outlook without any disruption, a high-speed internet connection is required. If there is a bad network connection, then you won’t be able to connect to Outlook and even also can’t work.
That’s why we suggest you check the connection speed. Here are the tips you can be assured that Outlook is working well.
- Use another device to connect it with the same network.
- Open any web browser and give access to the mail’s website.
- If you are using the public internet, then it’s our strong suggestion to switch to a private otherwise you can have an Outlook Disconnected Issue. So, be careful and always ensure that you are using a secure as well as the great speed of the internet.
If this doesn’t work, continue using the next troubleshooting guide.
Method 3: Ping The Server
Even after restarting your computer system, if you yet get the same error, then this time you should try ping the server. Ping is a utility available in Windows Desktop used to identify the issue related to the server/host. Such a command can be used to check the network connection and the running status.
The speed of the two networks one is yours and another one is hosted on the internet is being tested once you use the Ping command. In such circumstances, you are applicable to ping the Exchange server for which you have to provide the server name. Afterward, you need to go through the following instructed lines:
- First and forecast, click the “Start” button.
- Now, access the Run command on your PC.
- In the Run dialogue box, type CMD and hit the “OK” tab.
- After doing so the Command Prompt window will appear on the screen.
- Type “Ping followed by the Exchange Server name” in the command prompt window, and thereafter press the “Enter” key.
- Afterward, the ‘ping’ utility will be running for a few seconds and show you the final results in the form of Responses.
- If you receive a “Request timed out” message, it is confirmed that there is a network connectivity issue or Exchange server problem.
- To fix the server problem, you should contact the Server team as fast as you can.
- If the responses are summed-up with the statement as Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0″, then there is no issue related to the server or network. Thus, you can skip the step of checking LAN cable, network connectivity, etc.
Method 4: Check The Password Settings For LAN
To check whether the Microsoft Outlook account is functioning properly or not, you need to check the Active Directory (LAN) account password settings. You also have to ensure that your account is not expired or suspended. Here is how to confirm:
- Check the Domain account whether it is locked or the password gets outdated.
- If your client agrees to do a password reset for Domain, then just go for it. For Password Reset, follow the below steps:
- First access the active directory and then give a click on the “Users” tab.
- Scroll down to the specific user for which you want to reset the password.
- After making a selection for the specified user and tap “Reset Password”.
- Enter the new password and re-enter the same password just for confirmation.
If you yet get the Outlook Disconnected Issue even after the password reset of LAN, move to the next fixing method.
Method 5: Check If The Outlook Is In Offline Mode
Microsoft Outlook may get offline unintentionally and hence gives an error message Outlook Is Disconnected. So, check if the Outlook is in Offline or Online mode. To roll back the settings, go through the given guide:
- First, launch Outlook.
- Scroll down to the bottom right corner of the Outlook window and then place a click on the “Disconnected” tab.
- In the next window, a context menu list will appear.
- If the “Work Offline” option is checked, click on the check-box to immediately uncheck the option and bring it in the “Online” state.
- This may solve the Outlook Disconnected Issue.
If unfortunately, the same error persists, move to the next solving guide.
Method 6: Start Outlook In Safe Mode
If you fail to resolve the Outlook Disconnected Issue even after have consciously tried all the above methods, then don’t panic! Simply open the Outlook application in a safe mode. Here’s how to do:
- First, click on the “Start” button.
- Now, access the Run program.
- In the search field, type “outlook.exe/safe” and then click “OK”.
- If there is any issue with the installed Add-ons, then try to disable all the unnecessary and superfluous add-ons.
- Afterward, restart the Outlook program. That can solve the Disconnected Issue In Outlook.
Contact Outlook Tech-Support Team Online For Additional Info
Have you appropriately gone through the aforementioned solving methods one-after-another? Are you yet experiencing the Outlook Disconnected Issue?
Now, if you fail to rectify this issue, then just put a single ring at the 24/7 helpline number. We are expert techies and work hard round the clock only for providing you better support and top-notch services in your budget. So, stop thinking and wasting your precious time, just utilize it by contacting our MS Outlook support experts.