Microsoft Outlook is a popular email service provider available for Windows as well as Mac users. The Outlook desktop application can save or archive your emails, which means, users can make a backup of their email for transfer to another device or for safekeeping. MS Outlook comes with great features and a user-friendly interface. If you are using the MS Outlook services and want to know how to download emails from Outlook, this post can help you.
Here we are sharing the simple step-by-step instructions that can help you to download the emails from MS Outlook to your device. So keep reading and find the simple steps to do the task.
Download emails from Outlook: Easy instructions
The user can easily add multiple email accounts from multiple email servers like POP, IMAP, SMTP, Exchange, Microsoft 365, etc. Below we are sharing some simple guidelines that can help you to download mail from your Outlook account in a short time.
Here we go:
1. Download emails to computer
To know how to download emails from outlook to computer, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook account.
- Choose ” email messages”.
- If you want to select multiple emails, press and hold the “CTRL” button and select the emails.
- Hit the “File” tab, you can find it on the top left corner of the menu bar.
- Now click on the ” save as” option.
- Browse the path for saving the emails.
- Assign a name to the text file
- Hit the save button to (download or save) the chosen emails.
So, these are some simple steps you need to follow to download Outlook emails to your computer.
2. How to download emails from outlook as a word file?
You can also download or save the Outlook emails in word format. For this, you have to first save the Outlook items in the ” HTML” file. After that, open the “HTML file” with Microsoft Word, and later, you can save it as a Word document.
Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow:
- Open ” Microsoft Outlook”.
- Choose ” email messages”.
- Hit the “file” tab.
- Click on the “save as” option.
- Now, assign a name to the file and browse the saving location.
- From the ” save as” type list, choose the ” HTML” option.
- Hit the “Save” button.
- After this, right-click on the ” HTML” file.
- Choose the ” open with” option and click on ” word 2016/ 2019″.
- Hit the file tab, and click on the ” save as” option. Save the file as a word document.
3. What are the steps to download Outlook mail folders to the computer?
To download the Outlook emails folder to the computer, proceed with the step-by-step instructions provided below:
- Open the “Outlook desktop email client”.
- Choose the “File” tab.
- Click the “open and export” option.
- Choose “Import/Export” now.
- Choose the “export to file” option. Hit the “next” button.
- Choose “comma-separated values”.
- Hit the “next” button.
- Choose “Specific mailbox folder” and hit the “ext” button.
- After this, you need to give a name to the file.
- Browse the path to save the file. Once the file is saved, hit the next button,’
- Click on the finish option.
You have successfully downloaded the outlook emails folder to your system.
4. How to download or save email as PDF?
To download Outlook emails as PDF, you need to save the email messages in the HTML file first because there is no direct way to save the emails as PDF. Once you have saved the emails in an HTML file, you can save them as PDF using MS Word. Here are the steps you need to follow to do so:
- After saving the emails as HTML files, right-click on the HTML file.
- Now choose to open the file with Microsoft Word.
- Click “File”.
- Choose “print and select Microsoft Print to PDF”.
- Assign a name to the file and browse the file for the “save as” location.
- Hit the Save button.
What are the steps to access inaccessible Outlook PST emails?
When saving the email for exporting a specific mailbox folder, sometimes users face trouble because the file is carrying corrupted or damaged items. This inputs your data to the high risk. Thus, you need to figure out the solution to the problem as soon as possible. In such a situation, it is recommended to install the repair tool to repair your Outlook PST files. Once the files are repaired, you can access them easily without any trouble.
So these are some simple steps that can help you with the ” how to download emails from Outlook” query. The provided instructions are easy, but if you are still having trouble downloading the emails from Outlook, you must contact the Outlook support team for help. The professionals can help you to figure out the best possible solution to the problem you are facing, and guide you with the easy to save emails from Outlook.