Sync Outlook Calendar With Google Calendar on Windows, Mac, iPhone & Android
If you are working professionally, then you know the importance of calendars which helps you manage meetings and appointments. But having MS Outlook Calendar at work and using Google Calendar for personal work can sometimes confuse you. This confusion can lead you to miss the appointments. But to help you out of this confusion, we will help you by syncing them. With this blog, we will provide the steps by which you know “How to sync Outlook calendar with Google Calendar” on different devices like Windows, Mac, Android & iPhone. This will help you in creating a unified and easy-to-manage system. Let’s get Started!
How to Sync Outlook Calendar With Google Calendar on the Windows?
You can add Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar easily. You just have to gow ith the given methods:
Method 1: Using Google Calendar’s Import Feature
This section will sync Google Calendar with Outlook 365 with Google Calendar’s import feature. The following are the steps:
Step 1: Export Your Outlook Calendar
- Firstly, open the Calendar from Outlook.
- Secondly, choose the specific Calendar you want to export.
- Now, click on the File option and then Save Calendar.
- After that, in the File Name box, use the default name or compose a name for the iCalendar file.
- Here, you will see a summary showing the Calendar, name, detail, and date range next to More Options. If satisfied, jump to the last step; otherwise, continue.
- Next, click on More Options.
- Afterward, click on the Date Range arrow and pick the amount of the calendar data to add to the iCalendar file, or choose Specify Date to provide a custom date range.
Note: Selecting a wider range or the entire Calendar might result in a larger ‘iCalendar’ file. Hence, it might take longer to create.
- Click on the Details arrow.
- After that, select the amount of detail that you want to show.
- Lastly, click on OK and then on the Save option.
If there are no entries in your Calendar, you might see a prompt giving you the choice to cancel the ‘iCalendar’ file-saving process.
Step 2: Import Calendar in Google Calendar
- Log into your Google Calendar account.
- Now, from the top of the page, choose the Settings Wheel followed by Settings.
- After that, choose the Import & Export option from the left side of the screen.
- Here, hit on Select File from your computer.
- Next, choose the file that you create at the time of exporting your Calendar from Outlook.
- Click Open.
- Afterward, if you have multiple Google Calendars, use the Add to Calendar dropdown to choose the Calendar you want to get your imported items; then click on Import.
- Finally, click the Back arrow from the left top corner to return to your Calendar.
Method 2: Using Outlook’s Publish Online Feature
In this section, we will learn how to add Google Calendar to Outlook using Outlook’s publish online feature. This helps you by facilitating calendar sharing without individually inviting each participant; consider making your Calendar publicly accessible online and then distributing an ICS link for access.
This function is widely available across multiple platforms, including Outlook.com, Office 365, and Exchange accounts. In case you encounter difficulties utilizing the publish feature in a locally installed desktop Outlook application or if the system administrator has imposed restrictions on your Office 365 business account, you can always resort to Outlook.com to utilize this feature. Now follow the given steps:
- Firstly, open your Microsoft Outlook and go to Calendar from the bottom.
- Secondly, from the navigation pane, click on Select Calendar you want to sync with Google Calendar.
- After selecting the Calendar, move your cursor to the Home tab from the top and click on Share Calendar in the Share group.
- In the Publish Calendar section, you will get the ICS link.
- Click on Calendar, then choose Can View All Details.
- After that, click on Publish.
- Now, click on the ICS link (which is under the HTML link at the bottom0.
- Next, select the Copy option to use it in the Google Calendar.
- After getting the Outlook link, Open the Google Calendar.
- Click on “+”, which is next to the “Other Calendars” option on the bottom page.
- Click on From URL section.
- Paste the link you copied and click on Add Calendar.
- Lastly, you will see the Outlook Calendar in the Other Calendars section.
Also Read: Outlook Calendar Not Showing Appointments
Method 3: Use Third-Party Apps Like Sync2
You can also add Outlook calendar to google calendar with third-party apps like Sync2. The following are the steps:
- Download and install the third-party tool of your choice (e.g., Sync2).
- Open the program and select “Google synchronization.”
- Sign in to the Google account you want to sync with your Outlook calendar.
- Choose Sync both ways, then select the Outlook and Google calendars you want to sync.
- Click Apply to start syncing your calendars.
How to Sync Outlook Calendar With Google Calendar on Your Mac?
Knowing how to add Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar on your Mac will help you schedule by consolidating all events in one place. This enhances productivity by reducing the need to switch between apps. However, it’s one-way syncing; changes in Outlook don’t reflect on Google Calendar. The following are the steps:
- Open Outlook on your Mac.
- Click on Outlook, and select Preferences.
- In the window that opens, click on Accounts.
- Click the ‘+’ button at the bottom of the accounts list and select New Account.
- Type in your Google email address and click Continue.
- Sign in to your Google account. If you have two-factor authentication, verify your identity.
- Click on Allow to give Microsoft apps & services access to your Google Account.
- Uncheck the services you don’t want to sync with Outlook, make sure Calendar is checked, and click Done.
- Switch to the Calendar view in Outlook to see your Google Calendar.
Remember, this method syncs your Google Calendar to Outlook, not vice versa. Changes made in Outlook will not reflect in Google Calendar.
Also Read: How to Sync Google Calendar with Thunderbird
How to Share Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar on iPhone?
Following are the methods to sync Outlook Calendar in Google Calendar on your iPhone:
Method 1: Sync Outlook Calendar with iPhone & Then with Google Calendar
Step 1: Sync Outlook Calendar with iPhone
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Secondly, scroll down and choose Mail.
- Click on Accounts.
- After that, tap on Add Account.
- Choose Outlook.com.
- Now, enter your Outlook email and password.
- Ensure the Calendars switch is turned on to sync your Outlook Calendar with your iPhone.
Step 2: Sync iPhone with Google Calendar
- Download the Google Calendar app from the App Store.
- Then, sign in to your Google Account.
- Now, go to Settings >> Accounts & Passwords.
- Here, choose Add Account, then Google.
- Enter your Google Account details, and confirm the Calendars switch is on.
- Open the Google Calendar app and, in settings, choose to sync with the iPhone calendar.
Method 2: Using Microsoft Flow
Microsoft Flow allows you to automate workflows between your favorite apps and services to synchronize files, get notifications, collect data, and more.
- Install the Microsoft Flow app on your iPhone.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Tap on the Templates tab and search for a Flow template like Copy Outlook.com calendar events to Google Calendar.
- Follow the steps to set up the Flow.
- Turn on the Flow, and your Outlook Calendar events should automatically copy to your Google Calendar.
How to Sync Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar on Android?
Syncing your Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar on an Android device can be done easily with the following steps:
Method 1: Using Outlook App
The following are the steps:
- First, download and install the Outlook app ( if you haven’t already).
- Then, launch the app and log into your Outlook account.
- After logging in, tap on the calendar icon at the bottom.
- Now, tap on the three lines on the top left of the screen.
- After that, tap on the gear icon from the lower left to access settings.
- Here, under the Accounts section, tap Add Account and then log into your Google Account.
- Lastly, Make sure the Sync Calendars option is enabled.
Method 2: Using Google Calendar App
Go with the following means:
- To begin, download and install the Google Calendar app (if you don’t have it).
- Now, launch the app and tap on the three lines.
- After that, scroll down and tap on ‘Settings’.
- Next, tap on ‘Add account’.
- Here, choose ‘Exchange’ and log in using your Outlook account credentials.
- Finally, follow the steps and ensure that the Sync Calendar box is checked.
Also Read: Sync Gmail Contacts with Outlook
With the help of this blog, we provide you with the methods for how to sync Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Mac. You can get your Outlook meetings or appointments in Google Calendar by following the above steps according to your device. However, if you face any difficulties while syncing and don’t know how to resolve them, Our Experts are always available to assist you. Contact them and make the syncing easy and simple. Thank You!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1: Can I sync multiple Outlook calendars with Google Calendar?
A1: Yes, you can easily sync multiple Outlook calendars with Google Calendar. Each Calendar from Outlook will appear separately in Google. But note that you will have to repeat the sync process individually for each Outlook calendar you want to sync.
Q 2: Is there any option to choose the specific event to sync from Outlook calendar to Google’s?
A 2: All your events or meetings are transferred when you sync the Outlook calendar with Google Calendar. However, some third-party syncing tools might offer more advanced options to share the specific event based on certain criteria.
Q3: Why are some of my Outlook meetings not showing in Google Calendar after sync?
A3: This may be due to several reasons. You must check the sync setting in both Outlook and Google. It ensures that they are set to automatic syncing.
Q4: What if I delete an event in my synced Calendar?
A 4: When you delete an event in the synced Calendar, the change will reflect on both calendars. The deletion will not be reflected immediately; it takes some time. But the manual can speed up. Also, it depends on the particular sync method you used and the settings you selected during the setup.
Q5: Can I stop the Outlook Calendar and Google Calendar syncing?
A5: Yes, you can stop syncing your Outlook calendar with Google Calendar at any time. The procedure involves navigating to Settings of the platform or app and turning off the syncing process.