How To Download & Install Office 365 on Windows or Mac?
Microsoft Office 365 is a feature-packed software package. It comprises many productive applications like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, and the like. But to use them, you must know how to install Office 365 correctly.
The steps to download Office 365 on Windows and Mac devices are similar. However, the process of installation differs. Go to the official Microsoft website and log in with your work or school account. If you have the usual Microsoft account, you can sign in with that. In this article, you’ll learn about the installation process. You’ll also find how to fix errors that may arise before or during this process.
Related Post:- How to Repair Office 365
How to Purchase Office 365 Subscription?
It’s easy to sign up for MS 365 subscription. Here is a stepwise process for it.
- Firstly, find a plan that fits your requirement from the official website of Microsoft.
- When you are sure about the plan, tap the ‘Buy Now button.
- Next, configure the account that you will use for creating the Office 365 tenant.
- Set your email and select ‘Next.’
- If it’s a new account, you will be asked to set it up.
- Now you will need to enter your name and surname, phone number, company name, and country.
- After that, choose ‘Next.’
- Now you will need to confirm your phone number after an SMS or phone call.
- Enter the code in the form and select ‘Verify.’
- Now you can set up Office 365.
Related Post:- How To Set Up Office 365 Email
How to Download Office 365 on Windows and Mac?
It’s easy to download Office 365. You just need to sign in on the site office.com. You must log in with the account linked to that specific Office version. It can be work, school, or a Microsoft account. Given below are the steps to download Office 365 by signing in with Microsoft account or with a work or school account.
Download Office 365 After Signing in with a Microsoft Account
- Users must choose the ‘Install Office‘ option from the home page of office.com.
- Now, as per your version, choose either ‘Install‘ or ‘Install Office>.’
Download Office 365 After Signing in with a Work or School Account
- Choose ‘Install Office‘ from the office.com website’s home page.
- Next, choose ‘Office 365 apps‘ to download Office 365.
NOTE: If Office detects you have a 32-bit Office version, it will install that. But by default, the 64-bit version of Office installs. It is the process to download the Office package. Now you must start the installation process.
Related Post:- How To Unblock Office 365 Account
How to Install Office 365 and Activate It on a Windows PC?
After properly downloading Office for your Windows, you can start installing it. Follow these steps to install.
- If you use Microsoft Edge, choose ‘Run.’ Chrome users can use the ‘Setup‘ option, and Firefox users should choose the ‘Save file‘ option.
- You will see the Account Control prompt. It will display, “Do you want this app to make changes to your device?“.
- To begin the Office 365 install process, choose ‘Yes.’
- When the installation process successfully finishes, the phrase, “You’re all set! The office is installed now will appear.
- Through the video animation, you can find the location where Office apps are on your device.
- Choose ‘Close.’
The Process to Activate Office 365
The activation process is straightforward. Just follow these three steps below.
- Choose the ‘Start‘ button to launch an Office app.
- To search for the app, just type its name in the ‘Start‘ button field.
- Open the app by selecting its icon from the search results.
- Now, accept the license agreement.
- Upon your acceptance, Office will get activated, and you can now use it.
Related Post:- Why Office 365 Not Activating
How to Install Office 365 and Activate It on a Mac OS?
As mentioned before, the Office 365 download process is similar for both Windows and Mac. So, if you’re a Mac user, you can follow the instructions mentioned above to download the software. But to install Office 365 on Mac, follow these points.
- Launch ‘Finder‘ and head over to ‘Downloads.’
- Once there, double-tap ‘Microsoft Office installer.pkg.’
- Choose ‘Continue‘ to commence Office 365 installation.
- Go through the license agreement and tap ‘OK.’
- Now select the way you desire to install Office and tap ‘Continue.’
- Find the disk space needs and tap ‘Install.’
- If you don’t need to install the whole Office suite, tap ‘Customize.’
- Remove the check from the applications you don’t want to install.
- Now type in your login password and then hit ‘Install Software.’
- Office 365 will start installing. Tap ‘Close‘ when it’s done. Now you can start the activation procedure.
The Process to Activate Office 365 on Mac
To start activation, open an Office for Mac app and now adhere to these points.
- Hit the ‘Launchpad‘ icon present in the ‘Dock.’
- Tap the icon of ‘MS Word.’
- You will see a ‘What’s New window opening.
- Begin activating by clicking ‘Get Started.’
Related Post:- Why Office 365 Not Activating
Fix Errors Before and During Office 365 Installation
Users commonly face various issues while installing Office 365. The major ones are listed along with their resolutions below.
Cannot See the Install Office Option After Logging in with School or Work Account
If you cannot see the Install Office option, head over to the official Microsoft 365 software page. Choose between 32-bit and 64-bit versions and the language. Then, tap ‘Install.’ Now, you can follow the installation process described above as per your operating system. But if you still don’t see the option to install, it implies that your admin hasn’t given you the license.
Error during Office 365 Installation
An error during installation can be that Office won’t install, or you get an error message with a ‘Learn More link. If Office doesn’t install, you must check whether your operating system supports this application. Go to this link to find the system requirements for Microsoft Office installation.
On the other hand, if you receive an error message with a ‘Learn More link, go to this link to find information on how to fix this error.
Office Takes a Long Time to Install
Sometimes, you can see the ‘Sorry, it looks like you are on a slow connection…‘ error message. Try these solutions to install Office 365 quickly.
- Restart your system, and then see if Office can install.
- Use a wired connection as it’s speedier than a wireless connection.
- After that, commence Office installation again.
- Use the offline Office installer if your internet connection is poor.
- Turn off your antivirus temporarily.
Finding the Office Stopped Working Message on Starting the Application
If you see a specific application stopped working error when you start an application, check that you installed the recent Office update. If it doesn’t work, disable add-ins. You can also open different applications in the safe mode.
Cannot Activate Office in Mac After Installation
Is your Office 365 showing problems getting activated after you installed it on Mac? Try these fixes.
- Firstly, see that your internet connection is stable and working. Try loading a website to gauge the strength of your internet.
- Reconfigure your credentials. To do it, open ‘Spotlight.’ Now look for ‘Keychain‘ and open it. Enter Office and remove the data license file.
- Lastly, run the following script.
Unable to Find Office Apps in Mac After Installing Office 365
It’s common for people not to find a specific Office app after installing the software. You can find them by following these points.
- Open the ‘Launchpad‘ or the ‘Finder.’
- Then go to ‘Applications‘ and locate Microsoft.
- Likewise, if you cannot find the Office installer, look for it in the ‘Downloads‘ folder. It is beside the trash folder. If you don’t view it, open your browser and navigate to ‘View.’ Then select ‘Show Downloads.’
Microsoft Office offers pretty much everything you need for a smooth working process. However, to leverage it, it’s essential to download and install Office 365 on your Windows or Mac device. Use the instructions in this article and start using the software package effectively. If you face any issues during the installation, use the solutions listed here. You can also connect with an Office 365 support service for the same.