How to Update Microsoft Office 365? [Complete Guide 2022]
Office 365 is all in one suite of multiple applications that helps you to get things done and stay connected. Using the Microsoft Office 365 services, you can create impressive documents, PowerPoint presentations, save data, connect with peers, and perform any other task. Microsoft Office keeps releasing Microsoft Office 365 updates to introduce new features, bug fixes, and security patches for its subscribers. If you don’t know how to update Office 365, this guide is for you.
Here we are going to provide you with easy instructions that will help you to install the update for office 365. These updates are important to keep Office 365 applications up and running fine. Let’s proceed next, and find the simple steps to know how to update Office 365 on your computer.
Also Check: Office 365 Not Activating | How To Activate? [Solved]
Easy Steps to Check for Microsoft Office 365 Updates
Before we move next and tell you how to update office 365, let us guide you with the steps that can help you to know how you can check for the updates.
- First thing is to open the Microsoft Office application on your computers like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or Excel.
- Select the “File” option.
- Under the “File” section, select the “Account or Office Account” option. The product information window will appear on the screen.
- From here, choose the “Update” option.
- Hit the “update now” option.
- The Microsoft office will now start looking for the available updates, and any updates found will be downloaded automatically on your device.
Enable Microsoft Office 365 Automatic Updates
Although the automatic updates to Microsoft 365 are enabled by default, if you are not sure about automatic update Office 365, you can check for it.
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Click on the “Accounts” option in any of the Microsoft Office applications.
- Under the “Office updates” section, check whether the “updates are automatically downloaded and installed” statement is present or not.
- If the statement is not present, it means Office 365 updates automatically are not enabled.
- To enable the updates for Microsoft Office 365, click on the “update” >> “enable update”.
Also Check, How to Fix:- Office 365 Issues
How to Install Office 365 Updates Manually?
There are multiple ways to install the manual updates for Microsoft Office 365 on your computer. Here is how to install office 365 updates manually following some simple methods.
1. Install Microsoft updates 365 by Using Manual Steps
- Open the Microsoft Office application you would like to update on your computer.
- Open any blank document.
- Click on the File option.
- On the left side, you will see the “Account” option, click on it.
- From the drop-down list, hit “Update now”.
- The specific application you have to use will now start to get updated.
2. Install Microsoft updates 365 by Enabling Updates
In case you are unable to use the “Update Now” option to update Office 365 on your device, you can use this exclusive method to do the task. Just enable the updates for office 365 with the following steps, and your application will be installed to its latest version.
- Open Microsoft Office 365 application you would like to update.
- Now, open the ‘Blank’ document.
- Go to the “File” section and click on the “Account” option.
- You can find the update option in the dropdown menu. Tap on the option, and click on “Enable updates”.
This is how to update Office 365 by enabling the update option for it. Once you have clicked on the enable update option, you can see the” update now” option under the dropdown list. It’s time to proceed with the manual steps to update Office 365 for your device.
Also Check: Office 365 Couldn’t Verify Subscription? Here’s How To Verify It!
What are the Steps to Check for Updating Office 365 and Installing Them on a Computer?
If you want to check for the latest Update Office 365 available, you can proceed with the instructions below.
- Open the Microsoft Office application that you want to update.
- Open the blank document, click on the file option.
- From the left side, click on the account option.
- Here you can find the “About”(office app name). This section will provide you with details about the current version you are using.
These are some easy instructions that will help you to know how to update Office 365 automatically on your device. Most of the time, the Microsoft Office software automatically upgrades to its latest version without needing a user to do anything. But, if this does not help you can always use the simple steps above to update your Microsoft Office to its latest version.
Depending upon the type of application you are using, you’re supposed to follow certain steps to do the task. Once your Microsoft Office application is up to date, you can use it without worrying about security concerns, and take benefit of all the latest available features that will make your experience with office 365 better than before.
Unable to update Microsoft Office?
It is easy to update Microsoft Office 365 but if you are still unable to update the software applications, you can simply contact the Microsoft support team and get a piece of expert advice. The professionals are available around the clock to help, so you can contact them anytime you want and get expert assistance to complete the task. The professionals will help you with easy steps, and guide you throughout the process to update the software automatically on your system.
Microsoft Office 365 is an online subscription that allows users to access office applications like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, One drive, Outlook, and more. Using the software, you can manage all your work-related tasks, and carry out effective communication.
To make the best use of office services, it is important to update Office 365 to its latest version. The guide above is providing easy instructions on how to update Office 365. So follow the steps carefully, and update Office 365 to the latest available version. In case you need help, do not hesitate to contact Office 365 experts for immediate professional assistance.