In the year 2001, Microsoft launched Office 365 with so many unique features as well as services to follow your enthusiasm and lead your business effortlessly. As soon as you buy Microsoft Office 365, you will be able to get a product key including a 25-digit barcode on your personal email id. After entering such a key, you will then only be valid to gain access to its programs as well as features. But wait, what will do if you are trying but Office 365 Not Activating with the product key?
Sometimes it is very frustrating if you are fully prepared to work with the installed Office 365 but inappropriately the products are not set off. To start it, you are needed to give the product key.
But in several cases, your Office 365 offline installation stays in trial or unrestricted form. When you attempt to start Office 365, you get an error message. This blog post gives you a big bunch of solutions for solving Office 365 activation problems.
Let’s Find Out Why Is Office 365 Not Activating?
- Office 365 not activating on Windows 10 because it might not be installed correctly on your updated Windows or perhaps you have installed the oldest version of Microsoft Office.
- A problem with the internet connectivity.
- You might not sign in with the appropriate Office 365 subscription given.
Solutions for Office 365 Not Activating Problem
We have assembled a big bunch of simple but highly effective solutions that will assist you to resolve Office 365 activation issues. Let’s take a glance at the below guidelines and follow them step-by-step:
Solution 1: Give an Appropriate Office 365 Subscription
It is mandatory to authenticate Office 365 subscription to start it. Therefore, simply go through the below-given instructions to carry out this effort-freely:
- First, start any web browser on your personal computer and after that open the official Office 365 portal.
- Next, you need to log on as an administrator.
- After that, quickly open the administrator portal and choose the user with the activation problems.
- As soon as you choose the specific user, ensure that the right Office 365 subscription is given.
Solution 2: Eliminate Registered Office Installations
Every so often Microsoft Office 365 not activating when the user’s subscription has been switched. At any time, a user attempts to start an Office 365 installation the name of the device is listed. In such conditions, you must delete outdated registrations. Here is the route to perform the same:
- Firstly, start the browser on your computer system and open the Office 365 portal.
- Next, you are required to log on as an administrator.
- After that, go to the “Active Users” tab from the provided list, and then on the right side simply select the user with the activation problem.
- Now, go to the “Office Installs” segment and choose the “Edit” button.
- At this stage, you must eliminate all invalid registered Office installation suggesting to the computer on which you are presently experiencing the inaccuracy.
Solution 3: Thoroughly Test Services and Network Connectivity
- You should give a guarantee that the required services are running often on a computer system.
- One of the services that should perform well is Network List Service.
- Therefore, test all services that are configured appropriately and begin the one that is in a stopped position.
- You are also needed to test the network configuration if Office 365 not activating correctly.
- Fix the settings first and later attempt to start Office 365 with the product key.
Solution 4: Destroy Outdated Office Licenses
In case, the oldest version of Office 365 is installed on your personal computer, then there is an opportunity for encountering Office 365 activation issues even if the oldest licenses are yet registered.
In such a situation, you will have to delete the current licenses and then again fill the last 5 digits of the product key and therefore perform the command to have the updated version of the registered license.
This may perhaps fix Office 365 not activating the problem.
Solution 5: Eliminate Cached Credentials Quickly from The Credential Manager
Simply go through the guidelines directed below to simply delete the cached credentials. Though it is well-recognized that prior cached credentials accessible in Microsoft Credential Manager might direct to Office 365 Not Activating problem. Let’s quickly follow the procedure:
- Firstly, you need to go to the “Control Panel” and start the “Credential Manager” tab.
- Now, delete all cached credentials associated with Microsoft Office 365.
- After that, you may perhaps delete a cached credential by increasing an individual entry and choosing Remove from Vault.
- Do this step for each Microsoft Office entry individually.
Solution 6: Try to Re-install Office 365
One efficient solution regarding Office 365 Not Activating problem is the reinstallation of Microsoft Office 365. Therefore, install the application once again properly following the below-given instructions:
- Firstly, you need to go to the “Control Panel” and choose the “Programs and Features” option.
- Now pick Microsoft Office 365 + your edition and strike the Uninstall button.
- Just after uninstalling Office entirely from a computer system, delete the present device from the registered Office installations quickly in the Office portal.
Hence, you will get an opportunity to install Office 365 once again with the above-mentioned simple steps.
We hope that now you understand the causes and solutions for why Microsoft Office 365 not activating correctly. The above given simple solutions will help you to fix issues related to office 365. But, in case if it doesn’t fix then please contact the Microsoft Office 365 customer assistance team immediately. Good luck!