Most Effective Ways To Block Or Remove Ads From Yahoo Mail
Yahoo mail is a highly popular email service that people have been using for decades now. It has a variety of features that impart users a great experience. The service also consists of security functionalities to safeguard your Yahoo mail account. However, like all webmail providers, Yahoo serves adverts with your mails to make money. Now, these adverts are irritating, to say the least. They frequently appear on the right part of the Windows and within the inbox. That’s why a lot of users desire to know how to remove ads from yahoo mail.
Try as you might, it isn’t possible to ignore them completely. But there are methods to block or remove them. In this article, you will find out how to do it.
Different Ways to Remove Ads from Yahoo Mail
Consider your wish to know how to remove ads from yahoo mail as answered. But before you implement these measures, it’s important to see that your device has proper internet connectivity.
1. Hide Ads Temporarily in Free Yahoo Mail Account
You can temporarily hide advertisements in your free mail account. Follow the process given below.
- Sign in to your mail.
- Tap on the small arrow that you can see on the right-hand side in the list of your mails. It will temporarily hide ads from the screen of your Yahoo account. When you click the arrow, the bar will move to the right, thus hiding the ads. But note that it will only hide graphical ads.
- When you refresh the page, a new advertisement will come on the screen. Any action of yours can change the ad or the settings you have configured to hide them.
2. Install AdBlock Extension
Many users desire to know how to remove sponsored ads from yahoo mail. You can do so by installing the AdBlock extension.
- Based on your browser, download an AdBlock extension. For Google Chrome, download the extension for concealing advertisements on websites and banning ads on your mail inbox.
- Click the ‘Menu’ button and then navigate to ‘More Tools.’ From there, go to ‘Extensions’ and locate ‘AdBlock’ by searching for it.
- Tap the ‘+ Free’ button next to the extension. Click ‘Add.’
- You will see the icon of AdBlock appearing on your Chrome menu.
- Click the icon and choose ‘Options.’
- A new tab will open. Click ‘Filtered Lists.’
Some adblockers work well on internet advertising. But there are also those that work on Webmail advertising. For instance, you can make use of presets on AdBlock Plus as well as AdBlock to hide a majority of advertisements. You can even customize filters to block particular sites.
3. Get Ad-Free Yahoo Mail Account Upgrade
If you can pay for the Yahoo Mail account, then you can eliminate advertising permanently. Follow these steps to get an ad-free Yahoo Mail account upgrade.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings menu. You can see it on your email account.
- Select ‘Ad-free Mail.’ Then, adhere to the instructions to buy via the Yahoo Waller.
Earlier, Yahoo was incorporated with additional functionalities into the paid email service. However, now it gives many such features which are advantageous for its users. Apart from the advert removal, another functionality of ad-free mail is that the email account never goes inactive.
4. Block or Close Adverts Types
It is another great method to hide ads from yahoo mail. If you don’t want to pay for an ad-free account, you can control the kind of advertisements that are displayed on this email service. Yahoo assesses user behavior when they are using its site and services. After analyzing their behavior, it makes a prediction about the types of advertising that users may be interested in. However, if you don’t like this monitoring, you can employ the ‘Ad Interest Manager’ function. Through it, you can set customized advertising rules on the basis of your preferences. You have the freedom to completely opt-out of the interest advertising system or block adverts by their category.
The Yahoo Mail Hide Ad Panel add-on revolves around the Yahoo Mail ads. It hides Yahoo adverts and clears up the space they tend to take on the screen. It totally depends on your browser and device where you can try various products until you discover one that works just like you want.
5. Remove Yahoo Mail Graphics Advertisements Permanently
Want to know how to remove ads from yahoo mail, specifically graphics ads, from your Yahoo account permanently? Simply sign up for the Ad-Free Mail version of Yahoo.
The mail subscribers will notice the following:
- Textual ads coming on your Yahoo Mail on the browser in your phone.
- Text-based ads coming in the primary mail and Yahoo Mail interface in your system.
6. Hide Inline Advertisements in Your Yahoo Mail
Inline ads refer to those ads which appear among your mails, in the inbox and folders. In case you don’t desire to see a specific ad, you can block it. However, it will be substituted with a different one. To hide ads from yahoo mail that you don’t want to see, follow these steps.
- Choose the Down Arrow, which you can see on the ad’s right.
- Then, select ‘I don’t like this ad.’
- Select a reason why you don’t like it.
- Choose ‘Done.’
7. Hide Right-Column Advertisements in Yahoo Mail
You can choose to hide ads that you see on your Yahoo Mail’s right panel. Follow these steps for it.
- Hover the cursor over the ad and choose the ‘X’ that appears when you do so.
- Choose ‘Stop seeing this ad.’
- Select a reason why you don’t wish to see it. The ad will be removed.
You just need to implement a few measures to remove ads from yahoo mail. You can sign into your mail and choose to hide ads temporarily. Alternatively, you can download an AdBlock extension for this purpose. If you want, you can also get an ad-free Yahoo account upgrade to eliminate the ads permanently. Get in touch with Yahoo customer support 24×7 if you cannot fix the problems independently.