Expert Fixes for the ‘Yahoo Connection to Server Failed’ Issue
Yahoo email has remained one of the most-used email services throughout all these years. There are currently over 200 million active users of this mail service. However, even though it offers a good performance most times, users report various errors in it from time to time. Yahoo connection to server failed is one such problem. Yahoo users face this error when they attempt to link to the mail server. There are various reasons that might cause this problem. At the same time, there are also various ways to fix the issue. In this article, you’ll understand the causes as well as the fixes for it.
Related Post:- How to stop spam emails on Yahoo
Why Do You Find ‘Yahoo Connection to Server Failed’ Error?
Apart from when you are trying to link to the mail server, you may also face Yahoo Mail connection to server failed while using a third-party mail client. This problem occurs due to the causes given below.
- Your system does not support SSL encryption.
- There are faulty POP or IMAP settings on your system.
- An error related to login information.
- There is a problem with your Android or iOS mail app.
Fixes for the ‘Yahoo Connection to Server Failed’ Issue
You can troubleshoot this problem in various ways. But before that, use this simple process and see if you can get rid of the issue. If the problem stays, then implement the resolutions mentioned afterward.
Conduct a Basic Troubleshooting
This problem can be especially annoying for those who need to check their email for important messages. If you face this issue, check for the following things.
- Ensure that you have a good internet connection.
- Restart your phone and see if the error gets fixed.
- You can change the account password of your mail to resolve the server connection failure.
- Move your emails to another folder. It can help to get rid of the problem.
- Contact the network administrator and let them know of the server issues.
- You can also reset your phone or device’s network settings.
- Lastly, it’s also a good idea to factory reset your mobile device.
Confirm the Server Settings
Are you using a third-party application to manage your Yahoo email account and face the connection to server failed Yahoo error message? If so, you must verify your Yahoo mail server settings. If they are incorrect, you will continue facing this problem.
- Open your Yahoo email account.
- Next, head over to ‘Account Settings.’
- Now click the button of ‘Advanced Settings.’
- After that, examine the server settings. They must be exactly like the ones given below.
Incoming Mail Server Settings
- The server name is imap.mail.yahoo.com. For POP, it is pop.mail.yahoo.com.
- The port number for IMAP is 993, while that for POP is 995.
- You require SSL for authentication.
Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- Your outgoing mail server name is smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- The outgoing mail port number is 587.
- Authentication is SSL or TLS, and it is required.
Update Your Browser
Another simple yet effective resolution to the Yahoo Mail connection to server failed error is to update your web browser. If your browser isn’t updated to the recent version, you’ll face many glitches. So update it to access your Yahoo Mail account properly.
Unblock the Ports
Firewalls or antivirus software are often a leading cause of the Yahoo connection server failed problem. They block or completely stop the mail server ports. So, to resolve the situation, you must unblock the ports and examine if this issue is resolved. To unblock ports, follow these steps.
- Head over to your system’s firewall settings. Disable their settings.
- After that, turn off the antivirus or security software.
- After you connect to the mail server, enable the security software to verify your Yahoo Mail connection. Now you won’t find this problem.
Inspect the Server Status
If you find yourself unable to access your Yahoo account, it’s also best to check the server status. You can do this at the beginning or when no troubleshooting technique is giving you results. Check the status to ensure that the Yahoo Mail server is working correctly. If it’s not, you’ll have to wait till the server works properly.
Related Post:- How to Create Folders in Yahoo Mail
Steps to Fix ‘Yahoo Connection to Server Failed Error’ in iOS & Android
You can resolve this problem on your respective devices by following the simple set of instructions. They are explained in detail for both iOS and Android.
iOS Mail App
If you face this issue in your iOS mail app, the first thing you can do is update the operating system of your device. An older version will work only for older settings.
- The server settings must be recent to properly access the Yahoo Mail account.
- After verifying the settings, remove and re-add your mail account on your device. For doing so, navigate to ‘Settings‘ and choose ‘Mail Contacts, Calendars.’
- Tap your account and choose the ‘Delete Account‘ option.
- Now select ‘Delete‘ to delete your Yahoo Mail account.
- Navigate to ‘Settings‘ and then select ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars.’
- Choose ‘Add Account‘ followed by ‘Yahoo.’
- Fill all the needed fields and tap ‘Next‘ followed by ‘Save.’
Android Mail App
To resolve the issue in your Android mail app, first, upgrade the operating system to its current version. Now, you can check for the following things.
- Go to the settings of your Android phone, followed by ‘Accounts.’
- Now, choose ‘Email.’
- Here, you need to choose your Yahoo Mail account.
- After you do that, hit the ‘Remove account‘ option two times.
- Now, add your Yahoo Mail account to your Android phone.
- Next, go again to the ‘Settings‘ tab. Here, choose ‘Account‘ followed by ‘Add account.’
- Now, select ‘Email‘ followed by ‘Others.’
- Next, you need to input the email address and password of your email account.
- Tap the ‘Next‘ option and input the ‘Name‘ and ‘Description‘ fields with the relevant information.
- Now, choose the ‘Next‘ icon.
Hopefully, you won’t find the Yahoo connection to server failed error troubling you after reading this article. You must check the server settings and unblock ports as these two are the major causes of this problem. Consult expert Yahoo support services if you cannot resolve the error by yourself.