Yahoo Mail Keeps Crashing? – Here is the Solution
Yahoo Mail is the favorite email service of billions of people worldwide. You can use the mail service on several Windows and iOS devices as well as on Android smartphones. But recently, various people have reported that Yahoo mail keeps crashing.
A mail service that crashes frequently can prevent you from accessing your emails and doing important work.
There can be various causes behind this issue, a few of which may not be in your control. But fear not, there are numerous troubleshooting techniques at your disposal. Keep reading to know the exact measures to take when you find your Yahoo Mail crashing often.
Related Post:- How to Reactivate Yahoo Account
Why Does Your Yahoo Mail Keeps Crashing?
Before determining a fix for this issue, you should know about the probable reason that might be behind it. Here is why your Yahoo Mail keeps stopping.
- Your web browser is not of the latest version and is restricting Yahoo Mail.
- Repeated malware attacks
- Firewall stopping the Yahoo data.
- A bug in the Android System Webview.
- Inadequate memory on your smartphone.
- Excess app data and cache.
Related Post:- How to Forward Yahoo Emails to Another Email
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Yahoo Mail Keeps Crashing Problem
Now that you know the causes behind the repeated crashing of your Yahoo Mail, you can take the necessary steps to fix it. Follow the stepwise instructions for carrying out various troubleshooting procedures.
1. Fix the Glitch in Android System Webview and Chrome
As mentioned earlier, a bug in the Android System Webview will cause your Yahoo Mail to crash. Android System Webview is an essential part of the Android operating system that supports third-party apps and those developed by Google. If there’s a problem with it, it will cause various apps not to function properly. It’s thus necessary for you to download the current Android System Webview version and Chrome to resolve the glitch.
- Navigate to the ‘Play Store‘ app from your smartphone.
- In the search box, input ‘Android System Webview‘ and tap ‘Search.’
- Tap on the result and choose ‘Update.’
- If you find that ‘Update‘ isn’t available, go to the next step.
- Input ‘Google Chrome‘ and tap ‘Search.’
- Tap on ‘Update.’
2. Configure the Privacy Settings
Windows mail has an extensive privacy setting. One of the significant functionality that impacts your mail application is the calendar. If the Windows encounters a problem accessing the calendar, the Email app will keep crashing repeatedly. For it, you need to make sure that you have properly configured your privacy settings.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings‘ app and tap on ‘Calendar‘ present on the page’s left-side.
- Tick the option of ‘Let apps access my calendar.’
- After modifying the settings, start your device again to see if the settings are getting reverted or not.
- Try to access Yahoo Mail.
- If your Yahoo Mail version is outdated, you need to update it to it’s current version and then reaccess the mail.
3. Check the IMAP and POP Configuration of Yahoo
When Yahoo keeps crashing, it’s crucial to inspect the IMAP and POP configuration. If you change the configuration, you will have difficulty in using the mail service. To access Yahoo mail seamlessly, open its ‘New Account’ section and input the following settings.
imap.mail.yahoo.com is Yahoo mail’s IMAP server
- 993 is the port number
- Input ‘Yes‘ in front of IMAP TLS/SSL.
- Your Yahoo Mail ID is your IMAP username
- Your mail password is your IMAP password
smtp.mail.yahoo.com is the SMTP server of Yahoo Mail
- 465 or 585 is the SMTP port number
- Type ‘Yes’ in front of SMTP TLS/SSL
- Your Yahoo Mail ID is your SMTP username
- Your Yahoo Mail password is the SMTP password
Also Check:- Yahoo email settings
4. Delete App Cache and Data
If you observe that your Yahoo email keeps crashing even after implementing the fixes above, the problem may lie in the access app data and cache. You need to clear them and then sign in to your account again. It can result in a data loss, and many of your custom settings will return to default.
But it will likely fix the issue, and you’ll be able to use your mail app again. Go through these steps to clear app data and cache.
- Navigate to your phone’s settings and tap on it.
- Go down and choose ‘Apps and Notifications.’
- Search for the Yahoo Mail app and tap Enter.
- Choose ‘Storage‘ from the app menu. Tap on it and select ‘Clear cache.’
- After that, choose ‘Clear Data.’
- Now try to access your Yahoo Mail app.
5. Force Stop the Yahoo Mail App
When you force stop the mail application, it refreshes its active memory. It’s an important measure to take when you find that your Yahoo mail keeps stopping. To force stop and restart the app, follow this process.
- Tap the phone’s ‘Settings‘ app.
- Find the Yahoo Mail app, select it, and choose ‘Force Stop.’
- Now restart it and launch the app.
6. Reinstall Your Yahoo Mail App
It is a simple fix to try when Yahoo Mail shows problems. Often, it makes the Yahoo Mail app work again.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ and locate the Yahoo Mail application.
- Choose ‘Uninstall‘ and wait for some time.
- Navigate to the Play Store and input Yahoo Mail on the search field. Then tap ‘Search.’
- Install the application again and run it after the installation completes.
7. Disable the Firewall
Another thing you can check when facing this issue with your Yahoo Mail is to check the firewall installed on your system. The firewall prevents unsafe incoming data onto your network, but it can also sometimes halt the Yahoo data.
Try disabling the firewall when you find your Yahoo Mail crashing. After you disable it, sign in to your mail. If the mail is working fine, the firewall was the cause behind it.
8. Sign Out of Your Yahoo Mail on Other Devices
If you find your Yahoo mail crashing on Windows 10, you must check other devices. Often, this problem arises when a person has signed into a Yahoo email account on another device (s). While you are using your mail in one device, it can display a mail crash error on another device.
If you find your Yahoo mail not functioning on Windows 10, sign out of your mail account on other devices and then reaccess your mail.
9. Disable the VPN
Check the VPN on your device. If it’s set to a different location and you attempt to open Yahoo Mail, you will face problems. When Yahoo finds that you have logged into your mail from two geolocations, it regards it as suspicious and will temporarily block your account.
So, disable the VPN on your system and use your Yahoo Mail.
Hopefully, now whenever you find your Yahoo Mail keeps crashing, you know exactly what to do. There are indeed multiple approaches to take care of this problem on your own effectively.
But if you still find the problem persisting, it’s better to get the help of professional Yahoo customer care service. The experts will resolve all that is causing your Yahoo Mail to crash repeatedly.