Why are My Emails Disappearing from Outlook? How to Retrieve?
Outlook is one of the best email service providers having over 400 million all over the world. The Microsoft Outlook email enables all companies no matter what size to manage and organize their emails, calendars, tasks, and contacts in one place. Users use Outlook for their professional as well as personal emailing. Its easy user interface makes it more attractive. Whenever Outlook receives any email it instantly notifies the users about the email. But sometimes, emails disappearing from Outlook, and users don’t know why. So to get the emails back to Outlook we present you the blog, where you will reach the email retrieving methods.
But before directly going to the methods let’s find out why the Outlook emails disappearing.
Why are Emails Disappearing From Outlook?
There are several factors that emails disappear from Outlook. We have covered a few of the significant causes of the issue. These are:
- Due to improper configuration email settings.
- Problem with the POP and IMAP server settings. Sometimes, you made changes by mistake.
- When you delete the emails accidentally or by mistake.
- When the account is inactive for a long time, then the Outlook emails disappeared.
- Sometimes, you delete the Outlook emails from the mobile and search from the webpage.
- Due to wrong filters, you can’t the Outlook emails which a few days old, unread or read.
- When someone has access to your account or the account got hacked, they might be deleting or moving the emails from Outlook.
After understanding the reasons for disappearing Outlook emails. Now, let’s move to the methods that can help you in retrieving Outlook emails.
How Can I Get Emails Disappearing from Outlook?
You can easily get your emails disappeared from Outlook with the help of the given troubleshooting methods.
Method 1: Check Deleted Item Folders
It is the first step, you have to do when the Outlook emails got disappeared. There are chances that you accidentally delete the emails from the Inbox. So go to the Deleted Item Folder and look for the emails. If the emails are presented then retrieve them back to the Inbox folder. If you can’t find the emails then follow the next method.
Method 2: Recover Outlook Emails from Server
When the above method helps you with your emails disappearing from Outlook problem, then you retrieve your deleted Outlook emails from the Server with the following steps:
- In the first step, go to the Home menu and click on the “Recover Deleted Items from Server”.
- Secondly, choose the mail items you wish to regain and hit OK. Be sure the “Restore Selected Items” choice is chosen.
- Now, the restored email items will be shown in Deleted Items Folder. From there, move the emails to the Inbox folder.
Method 3: Check Filters
There are chances that due to improper filter settings your emails disappear from Outlook. So to get your emails, change the email filter settings, with the following means:
- To start, open Outlook and navigate to the View tab.
- Now, from the current View area, choose the View Settings option.
- Afterward, from Advanced View Settings, go for the Filter option.
- Later, choose the More Choices tab.
- From here, uncheck all the filter boxes and to save the changes click OK.
Method 4: Check Rules
Sometimes, due to incorrect rules, your emails disappear from the Outlook inbox folder. So, check the rule with the following means:
- Launch Outlook and go for the Rules tab.
- Then choose Manage Rules and Alerts option.
- Now, ensure that all rules are selected properly and well defined.
- To open the rule for further details, double-click on any rule and modify the conditions to resolve any incorrectly defined rule.
You can change, edit, or delete any of the rules if you found them incorrect. It will help you to retrieve emails which are disappeared from Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2018.
Related Post:- Why Outlook rules not working
Method 5: Enable Outlook Option
Enable the Outlook option will help you with the emails disappearing from the Outlook problem. Given below are the means:
- In the initial step, open the Outlook Mailbox and then click the Gear icon.
- After that, choose the More Mail Settings option.
- Now, go for Find Managing Your Account and go for POP, and remove downloaded messages.
- At last, click on the Save button.
Method 6: Create a New Outlook Profile
Sometimes, a corrupt or damaged Outlook profile can lead you to emails disappearing from the Outlook issue. So in such cases, the emails are stuck between the mailbox and the Outlook client. So creating a new Outlook profile can resolve the issue. Now, create a new Outlook profile with the given steps:
- Go to the Windows Start and search and open Control Panel.
- Now, go to the Mail tab and choose the Show Profiles option.
- After that, hit the Add button for creating a new Outlook profile.
- In the next steps, Add a Profile Name and then hit the OK.
- Later, provide the email account configuration for the new profile.
- Now, return to the Mail and choose the newly created profile using the “Always Use this Profile” drop-down menu.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- At last, open Outlook and check for the disappeared emails.
Method 7: Export Old Mail History
You can retrieve your emails disappearing from your Outlook inbox by exporting the old mail history. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, run Outlook and navigate to the File menu.
- Now, choose the Open and Export option.
- Then, choose the Export/Import option.
- Afterward, go for the Export to a File option.
- From here, pick the Outlook Data (.pst) File.
- In the next step, choose the email account you wish to create changes to.
- When done with choosing the email account, ensure that the checkbox of Include Subfolders is marked.
- Click on Next to proceed.
- Now, from the new dialog box, hit the Browse button and pick a location for exporting the file and give it a name.
- Later, choose an appropriate option, here we are opting for the “Replace Duplicates with Items Exported” option, as it is our primary requirement.
- When done, click the Finish button.
Now, you know what to do when the emails disappear from Outlook. Through the medium of this blog, we provide the best methods for retrieving the emails to the inbox. The methods are easy to use. However, if you face any difficulty in restoring the emails, then talk to the Outlook support Experts and tell them your concern, they will surely guide you with the best. Thank You!