What To Do If AOL Mail Search Not Working?
AOL mail offers some pretty useful features to its users. It’s also one of the oldest email services available. But it does not mean that its users won’t ever have glitches and errors. They are only natural. Many people encounter problems with the search functionality of their mail. AOL mail search not working is a common complaint that almost every user has faced. This problem can be an outcome of various causes. Getting rid of it is not impossible once you know the right fixes to implement as per your specific cause. If you are using AOL mail and are repeatedly facing problems with its search function, this article is for you. Let’s find some good fixes for it.
Related Post:- Why AOL Mail Keeps Crashing
What Results in AOL Mail Search Not Working?
It’s always better to implement a technique based on the specific cause that’s resulting in this problem. Here are some of the plausible factors you cannot access the AOL mail search function.
- Your internet connectivity isn’t strong or stable enough.
- The AOL mail account you are using is not updated to the latest version.
- The firewall or the security software of your computer is interrupting the functioning of AOL mail.
- There is some problem with your AOL mail account.
- If you are using AOL mail on your Android, it is possible that its firmware is not updated.
- There is a server error.
Related Post:- Why AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails
Fix AOL Mail Search Function Not Working Issue
By now, you are familiar with the causes of this problem. Hopefully, you must have pinpointed the specific reason why your AOL mail search function isn’t working. Now, you can use a suitable troubleshooting technique to resolve it.
Examine Your Internet Connection
This is the first step you must take whenever you encounter problems with any aspect of your AOL mail, including the search function. A stable internet connection is mandatory for your email to work properly. If you are unable to access the search feature, it’s possible that your internet connectivity isn’t strong enough. To fix your internet connection, take the following measures.
- Restart your router and modem – It may seem like a small thing. However, most times, it is enough to fix the internet connectivity issues.
- Restart your device, and remove the power cable for 60 seconds. Only after this period, plug the cable back in. The equipment will take some minutes to reboot. At this point, a good idea is to restart the device you’re using.
- Examine the Wi-Fi settings – The Wi-Fi signal icon is present in the bottom-right part of your Windows operating system. Tap the icon and ensure you are linked to the correct SSID with a valid password.
- Check for malware and viruses – Malicious codes can negatively impact your internet connection. As a wise measure, scan for viruses and malware. They can affect your web-surfing speed.
Update Your AOL Mail Account
If you are operating on an old version of AOL mail, you will most likely face the AOL search not working problem. It’s imperative to install the new updates. They fix minor technical errors in the AOL mail by themselves. To update your account, go through these pointers.
- Visit MyAccount.aol.com.
- Now, tap the option ‘My Services.’
- You will see a new window showing on your screen.
- From this window, you should click on the ‘Subscriptions‘ option.
- The next step is heading to the ‘Manage‘ option.
- Verify your account in case a new plan is available.
- After that, head to the ‘Product‘ section.
- Here, tap the ‘Change Plan‘ option.
- After that, tap the ‘Select Plan‘ option. It will enable you to select a new plan.
- To confirm and apply the changes, tap ‘OK.’
- Now, wait till the update process completes.
- Once it’s done, exit all the open windows and shut down your system.
- Lastly, restart it and check if you can access the AOL mail search.
Deactivate the Working Firewall on Windows 10 and 11
If you still find the search not working on AOL mail, it is wise to check if your firewall is behind it. Sometimes, it can block the functioning of the email service. Here is how Windows 10 and 11 users can disable the firewall.
- Tap the ‘Start‘ button and go to ‘Settings.’
- From here, choose ‘Update & Security followed by ‘Windows Security
- Now, choose the option ‘Firewall & network protection.’
- Now, launch ‘Windows Security settings
- Choose a network profile. The three profiles are Domain, Private and Public network.
- Below ‘Microsoft Defender Firewall‘, change the setting to ‘Off.’
- Head to ‘Start‘ and from there open ‘Settings.’
- Choose ‘Windows Security‘ below ‘Privacy & security.’
- Continue further by selecting ‘Firewall & network protection.’
- After that, open ‘Windows Security settings.’
- Choose a network profile out of Domain, Private, and Public networks.
- Below ‘Microsoft Defender Firewall,’ change the setting to ‘Off.’
Related Post:- Why AOL Emails Missing
Fix AOL Mail Search Not Working on Android
If you find the same issue on your Android device, your first step should be to update its firmware. However, if the problem exists, implement these fixes.
- Force stop the AOL mail on your phone – Launch the ‘Settings app and choose ‘Apps.’ Now, click ‘AOL.’ After that, tap ‘Force Stop.’ To confirm your action, click ‘Force Stop again.’ Finally, open the app again and see if the search function is working fine.
- Reinstall the AOL mail app again – This is another effective fix for AOL search mail not working. Begin by launching the ‘Settings app. Now click ‘Apps‘ followed by ‘AOL.’ After that, tap the ‘Uninstall‘ option. Now, click ‘OK.’ After the app uninstalls from your phone, download it again and install it. You won’t find any problems with accessing the search feature.
Related Post:- Fix AOL Mail Not Working On iPhone Issue
Troubleshooting AOL mail search not working isn’t a complicated process if you know the cause. This article explains to you all the different reasons and solutions to implement whenever you face this issue. But if you still face difficulties while accessing the search feature, it’s best to contact an email support service.