What To Do When Gmail Search Not Working?
The most well-known email client .i.e, Gmail, comes with great features. It provides many services like Google Drive, Photos, Meet, and other variables. Gmail lets you store your data up to a free space of 15GB. But what makes Gmail famous is its emailing service. With this service, anyone can email messages, whether on a corporate or a casual level. Gmail also provides an advanced feature that lets you search your emails. But somehow, this Gmail Search not working due to various reasons.
The search function performs the same on the Android and Apple phones as it performs on the web. If this search function does not work, then you have to search the emails manually, which is a bit difficult. The search option helps you find the old messages by typing the name of the email or anything that the email contains. The search function will not only search the inbox, it searches all the emails that are present in your Gmail account. So to fix the Gmail search function not working issue, we will tell you some amazing solutions. Just stick to the blog, here we go.
Also Check:- How to free up space in Gmail
Fixes You Can Try When Gmail Search Not Working
Some of the listed steps work for your phones and tablets so you can try these on.
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The Internet plays an essential to perform any task on Gmail. When your search not working on Gmail, there are chances that your system can’t establish a proper internet connection. You must check your internet speed and strength to resolve the problem. If your internet is not performing, then you can try the given steps:
- Turn off the Airplane Mode and go to WiFi settings.
- Now, you have to forget and reconnect the WiFi.
- After that, turn on the airplane mode.
If after reconnecting your WiFi, it again does not provide much speed, then perform a WiFi router restart by the given steps:
- Plug out the Router cable from the power outlet and wait for 10-15 seconds.
- Now, plug it back into the power outlet and check for the connection.
Solution 2: Turn On Gmail Sync Settings
In the following Gmail search not working fixation solution, you have turned on the Gmail Sync settings on your mobile. As on the web page, the new information will reflect automatically. But on the mobile app, Gmail has the sync settings. Follow the steps to enable Gmail sync:
- Firstly, open the Gmail application.
- Secondly, click on the menu from the left panel and scroll down to choose Settings.
- Now, pick the Gmail account that does not display Gmail search results.
- After that, scroll down and mark the Sync Gmail check box
- In some time, the Gmail account will sync, and you can search the emails easily.
Also Check:- Why Gmail not syncing
Solution 3: Update Gmail App When Gmail Search Not Working
When your Gmail inbox search not working on your mobile phone, it can be due to an older version of the Gmail app. You might face technical glitches when you don’t update your Gmail app, like the Gmail search issue. So update it to the latest version by the following steps:
- Go to the Play Store or Apple Store on your mobile.
- Then Search for the Gmail app.
- Now, select the Gmail app, redirecting to the Gmail app page.
- After that, tap on the Update button if any are available.
Solution 4: Try to Open Gmail in Incognito Mode
Sometimes, when you access the Gmail on the same windows, again and again, it creates a misconfigured cache, which can result in the Gmail search not working issue. So open the Gmail in Incognito Mode with the following shortcuts for the different browsers:
|Chrome||Press Shift + Ctrl + N||Command (⌘) + Shift + N|
|Mozilla Firefox||Ctrl + Shift + P||Command (⌘) + Shift + P|
|Microsoft Edge||Ctrl + Shift + N||Command (⌘) + Shift + N|
|Safari||Command (⌘) + Shift + N|
Solution 5: Clear Caches File to Fix Gmail Search Not Working Issue
The browser cache memory contains the history of all visited images, audio, and sites. At the same time, the mobile cache files store all the scripts, images, and other multimedia while opening an app or any website. Sometimes, these files stop Gmail from performing well, and you face issues like Gmail search not working. So clear the cached files from the browser as well as from the mobile phones.
- Go to the browser’s menu and click on Settings.
- Now, click on the Privacy and Settings option.
- Click on Clear Browsing Data and choose a date range.
- If you want to clear whole cache files, then choose All Time.
- Lastly, click on Clear Data.
- In some time, your data will be cleared, and you can perform a search in Gmail.
For Mobile Phone
- Firstly, open Settings.
- Tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Now, from the list, choose Gmail.
- Then tap on Storage & Cache from the Gmail app info page.
- Lastly, tap on Clear Cache and then Clear Storage.
Solution 6: Check for Gmail Service Outage
When the Gmail search not working, you have to check the Gmail server. It is a rare condition where the Gmail servers are down or under maintenance. You can check it by going to the Google Dashboard and looking at the current status section. After that, go to the current date of Gmail and read the comments. If you see a green button, the problem is only with your Gmail. But if you observe an orange or red button, the Gmail server is down.
Also Check:- How to Stop Receiving Duplicate Emails in Gmail
The Gmail search function is an advanced function that helps you to search your particular email from thousands of emails. We provide the best solutions when your Gmail search not working. The above-stated information is for the Mobiles as well as for the browser, and you can choose any of them according to your need. If somehow you fail to resolve the issue, contact our Gmail Support Experts. Our experts will assist you with the finest solution. Thank You!