How to Delete Folders in AOL Mail? – Let’s Do It
AOL desktop gold is designed to share the best email experience with users. To do so, AOL keeps making advancements in the email services divided. One of the greatest features available to use is ‘making separate folders’. Yes, the AOL user can make the separate folders according to their convenience to use the services. And, if folders are no longer in use, you can delete them. In case you don’t know how to delete the folder in a AOL mail, this post can help you to do the task. In this guide, you can find easy instructions to delete the folder from your AOL email. So keep reading, and proceed with the easy instructions to know how to delete a folder in AOL mail.
Also Check:- How to Forward AOL Mail to Gmail?
Why Do You Need to Delete the AOL Mail Folder?
Sometimes there are a few folders that are not relevant to keep in the mail at the moment. These folders do nothing but just occupy the space. So, it is suggested to delete the folder, else it could lead to irrelevant storage. If you are thinking about how to delete folders in AOL mail, the following steps will help you to do it without trouble.
Before you proceed further to delete the folders in your AOL mail, it is recommended to recheck all the folders present in the email. Make sure that the folder you are going to delete does not contain any important email. Once you are done with the deletion process, you cannot restore the deleted emails on your folder. All the emails and attachments present in the folder you have deleted will be deleted permanently.
Proceed with the steps below and find how to remove folder in AOL mail.
Steps to Remove Folder in AOL Mail
- Turn on your computer, make sure that you have connected the device to the internet.
- Now open any web browser on your computer.
- In the web browser URL bar, you need to type aol.com and hit the button.
- Once you are on the AOL page, you need to log in using the username and password.
- After the successful login to AOL email, you can check for the list of folders present on the left side of your email.
- Click on the Settings option, you can find this option on the upper right corner of the screen.
- After clicking on the settings option, find the delete option and click on it.
- Once you click on the option, A popup window will appear on your screen and indicates that the folder is empty.
- Now, you need to click on the ok button when you see the popup window. Once you hit the button, the deletion process will start.
This is how to remove folder in AOL mail. In case you want to rename the folder without deleting it, you can proceed with the steps below to do the task.
Steps to Rename Folder in AOL Mail
- Login to your AOL email.
- After a successful login, go to the folders option.
- Here you can see the list of folders present in your account. The list will appear on your screen.
- You can right-click on the folder that you would like to rename. Once you click on the folder or a drop-down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on the screen, you need to click on the rename option.
- You will see the ‘edit folder’ popup menu appearing.
- Here you can change the name of your AOL folder by typing the new name in the provided field.
- Once you have entered the name, click on the Save button to make the changes.
These are some easy steps that will let you rename the folder.
If you are using the AOL mail service, you have an option to create separate folders for specific emails in your mail account. Creating the folders will help the users to have better management and access to their emails whenever required. However, the folders that are no longer in use must be deleted so they do not occupy the storage space unnecessarily. The steps above are showing how to delete folders in AOL mail easily. You can follow the guidelines mentioned and delete the folder without trouble. Also, you can find easy instructions to rename the folder if necessary on your AOL email.
Facing Trouble? Get Expert Advice
Although the steps above will help you to know how to delete a folder from AOL email without any problem. If you are still struggling to find how to delete a folder in AOL mail, and need help, do not hesitate to contact the professionals for expert assistance. You can call the AOL support team at any time of the day and get expert advice to delete the folders, create a new one, or name the existing one. The professionals are available around the clock to help and provide you with the best possible solution to the problem.