MS Outlook is one of the most popular email service providers available today. It is a feature-rich email service that shares reliable emailing experiences with users. Most of us know how to send or receive an email in MS Outlook, but do you have any idea about how to forward emails from Outlook? Here, we are not talking about forwarding a single email but all the emails you have received to the other email account. A lot of people find this task difficult, but by following some simple steps you can do it.
In this post, we are going to share some simple guidelines and methods that will let you forward emails from Outlook to your other email account. So let’s proceed further and follow the given instructions carefully to do the task.
How to forward emails from outlook? Here is all you need to know
Forward Emails From Outlook.com
You can forward all the incoming emails to another email ID using outlook.com. Here the steps to forward emails from Outlook to another email account:
- First, you have to configure the outlook account using outlook.com for automatic forwarding of emails you receive in your inbox.
- In MS Outlook web, click on the ” settings” icon present in the toolbar.
- Now choose the ” view all Outlook settings” option.
- In the dialogue box appearing, click on “Mail”. Choose “Forwarding”.
- Put a checkmark on the ” Enable forwarding” box.
- Type the email id to which you want to forward Outlook emails. Put a checkmark on the ” keep a copy of forwarded messages” box.
Important: If you do not put a checkmark on the ” keep a copy of forwarded messages” option, you cannot see the forwarded emails in your Outlook account. Also, you cannot find them in the deleted folder.
- Hit the “Save” button.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you with how to forward emails from Outlook. Once you are done with the settings, all the emails will be forwarded to the ID you have mentioned in the process.
Forward Emails From Outlook To Gmail: Easy Instructions
- Go to “Outlook.com” settings.
- The first thing you need to do is to create a rule in MS Outlook for emails. You can do it easily from the settings menu in Outlook. At the bottom of the settings menu, you will see the option ” View all Outlook settings”, you need to click on it.
- Now, click on “Mails”, choose “Rule” and from here you can add the new rules.
- Add new rules and forward the emails
- The rule will help you to force MS Outlook to send the emails to the Gmail account. For this, you just need to click on the ” Add a new rule” option. Create a name for the rule. In the “add condition” section, you need to check ” all messages”. Under this option, click on ” apply” to all messages.
- For the ” add an action” section, click on the ” forward to under route” option. Here, you have to provide the email address of your Gmail account.
- Hit the “Save”.
Important: If you are using MS Office 365, or exchange server 2016, then outlook.com is your only option for setting the rules to forward emails.
Redirect message to another account
- Rather than forwarding, you can direct a message to another account.
- Under the “Add” section, click on the ” redirect” option.
- Make sure that you have entered the correct Gmail address. Once you are sure, click on the “Save” button.
That’s all! You are ready to forward Outlook emails to the preferred Gmail account.
Want to know how to forward emails from outlook using a rule in the outlook web portal? Here are some easy steps you can follow to set up a rule in MS Outlook for forwarding messages to another email account.
- Go to the “settings” section in outlook.com.
- Here, click on the ” view all Outlook settings” option.
- Choose “Mails” and after that “Rules”.
- Click on the” add a new rule” option.
- Provide the descriptive name for the rule. Make sure the name is easy to remember.
- For choosing how to forward emails from Outlook, you need to click on an option from the ” add condition” dropdown list. Here are some examples of the options available, however, there are many others to choose from.
- Choose ” has attachment” to forward the emails with attachments.
- Now, Choose “From” to forward an email from a particular sender.
- Choose ” importance” to forward emails with higher importance.
- Choose ” Add an action” from the drop-down list, and look out for the format you would like to send the message in.
- You can click on the ” forward to” option if you would like to forward a message as an email.
- Also, you can click on the ” forward as attachment” option if you want to forward emails as an attachment.
- Also, you need to provide an email ID on which the new messages according to rules should be automatically sent.
To exclude the emails that match some specific criteria, follow the steps below.
- Click on the” add an exception” option.
- In the next step, you need to close the desired condition for excluding messages. For example, choose ” sensitivity” for excluding the message with a specific type of priority.
- Then, Click on the dropdown arrow ” select an option”, and select your option.
- Hit the “Save” button.
We hope that the above steps will help you with how to forward emails from outlook. All the instructions are mentioned in brief for easy understanding and execution. However, if you are still having trouble knowing how to forward Outlook emails, you can contact the Outlook Help team.
The experts and technicians in the support team are available round the clock to help users fix the issues. So you can call the professionals and get expert advice forwarding emails from Outlook. The professionals will be happy to help you and come up with the best possible solution to help you get rid of the problem.