Gmail is one of the prominent and most important emailing services offered by Google. Sharing documents to projects to crucial data to file attachment, nothing is left that you can’t do on Gmail. Additionally, Gmail also provides a facility to immediately send and receive bulk emails or messages without any limitation.
However, it could be possible to accidentally send unauthentic emails to your colleagues or share personal documents with the wrong email id.
In such a scenario, you don’t need to pull your hair. You may be glad after knowing that Gmail has an amazing feature by which you can recall a sent email. Learn the right guidelines on How To Recall An Email In Gmail via this tutorial. Read continuously from top-to-toe!
Read Also: Resolve Gmail Not Sending Emails Problem
At What Scenarios You Need To Recall An Email In Gmail
- When you mistakenly send a horrible email to your boss.
- When you send your personal details to the wrong email id.
- And, when you send incorrect documents or attached files to your colleagues.
- Or, when you add the wrong link while composing your email and unfortunately tap the Send button.
- When you forget to change the copy to BCC.
- When you have sent an incomplete email to the recipient.
- Unfortunately, you might have sent sensitive information to the wrong person.
The above are the possible situations at that point you have to decide to Recall An Email In Gmail. The “Undo” feature which is the most fruitful feature of Gmail allows you to undo sent email within 30 seconds. Therefore, you can instantly recall an email that you have sent to the wrong user and save yourself from an embarrassing moment.
Instructive Step-by-step Guidelines To Recall An Email In Gmail
With a few tweaks, you can adjust the settings in Gmail and Recall An Email that you have sent misguidedly. Once you enable the Undo feature in Gmail, within a couple of seconds you can recall a mistakenly sent email. It is informed that only the desktop version of Gmail and Gmail app in iPhone/iPad you can recall the message.
Android users won’t have the efficiency to recall emails once it has been sent to your recipients. But don’t worry! If you are an Android user, you can enable settings to confirm before sending any emails. The complete procedures for recalling an email in Gmail are mentioned below. Let’s give a glimpse!
Method 1: On Desktop
Here’s How To Recall An Email In Gmail for users who access it on their Windows Desktop:
- First and foremost, open the web browser on your computer and browse the official Gmail site.
- Next, log in to Gmail using the correct email address and password if you are not already logged in.
- Afterward, enable the “Undo Send” feature. Steps involved in turning on this “Undo Send” are:
- Click on the cog icon at the top-right of the Gmail homepage and tap “Settings” in the drop-down menu.
- Now, scroll down to “Undo Send” and click the “Enable” button.
- Now, you have to click the “Send cancellation period” from the drop-down menu.
- And then, select the relevant amount of time which usually ranges from 5-30 seconds. This is the exact time period during which you can undo an email after sending the email or message.
- After you select a specific time, scroll down and click the “Save Changes” button. This will finally change the settings that you have made in Gmail and allow you to Recall Emails soon. Continue following the next provided steps to do so.
- Now, once you check the “Enable Undo Send” box to turn it on, compose a new email.
- To compose an email, click the “Compose” button which is on the upper-left side of the Gmail inbox.
- Now, enter your recipient name into the “To” field and type about the purpose of the email in the “Subject” line.
- After that, in the main text body, type a message that you want to send to your colleagues.
- Now, simply click the “Send” button at the bottom of the Window. The email will be sent in a pinch.
- A couple of statements regarding your message will appear at the bottom of the Gmail page. You can see the following three options:
- Message sent
- View message
- You can click “Undo” within the time period generally in between 5-30 seconds whatever you have selected.
- Now, you can review your unsent email from the draft folder. Once your email is recalled, you can either edit or discard it from the draft folder.
This is exactly How You Can Recall An Email In Gmail within less time and minimal effort.
Method 2: On iPhone
If you are an iPhone user and want to Recall an Email in Gmail, here’s what you need to implement:
- Open Gmail on iPhone by tapping on the Gmail app.
- If you are not logged in, enter your email address and password accurately.
- Click on the “Compose” tab. It’s the pencil icon displayed in the bottom-right corner of the screen. You will create a new email in the Compose section.
- Enter your recipient’s email address into the “To” text box to whom you want to send an email.
- Enter a subject and body text. Type your email’s subject into the “Subject” line and then type whatever you want in the email’s body.
- Now, click the “Send” button from the upper-right corner of the screen. Doing so will send your email.
- Click on the “UNDO” tab if prompted to Recall your sent email. This option will appear in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- You’ll probably have five seconds to recall the email which you have sent to others.
- Review your unsent email, either edit or discard your email from the draft folder.
Method 3: Confirm Before Sending on Android
Unfortunately, you cannot recall an email that you have sent from Gmail on Android. But, don’t feel blue as you can give confirmation of your email before you send it. Here’s how:
- Tap on the Gmail app on your Android homepage to open Gmail.
- If you are not logged in, use the correct login credentials to log in to Gmail.
- Now, from the top-left corner of the screen, tap the three sequential horizontal lines. Doing so a pop-out menu will appear on the screen.
- Scroll down the options to select “Settings”. This option is at the bottom of the pop-out menu. Click the “Settings” tab to open the menu.
- Tap the “General settings” tab. You’ll find this on the Settings page.
- Scroll down to find the “Confirm before sending” option. It’s at the bottom of the page, so once you find it; give a check on its checkbox. Doing so will ensure that any email you send will have to be confirmed before it leaves your inbox. Thus, this will prevent you from accidentally sending an email.
- If you see a checkmark just behind this option, it means it’s already enabled.
Call Us To Know-How To Recall An Email In Gmail
Hoping that you might have gotten satisfactory information to Recall your Email In Gmail. If you face any difficulties or are yet unable to “Undo” your email, contact our Gmail support team. We are highly experienced and well-qualified tech-savvy working day-to-night continuously to support you.
To make direct conversation with us, you only have to put a single call at the 24/7 helpline number. One of our talented techies will definitely serve you with quality assistance. So, in a short span, you can change the settings in Gmail and recall your sent email.