Troubleshoot Gmail Notifications Not Working Error
Gmail is an efficient, productive, and intuitive email service available for users. This email service is trusted by billions of users worldwide. Gmail delivers great performance, however, many users have reported the issue that “Gmail notifications not working” on the device. Due to this error, the users do not expect to check the emails now and then.
If you are also facing the same with your device, this post can help you to fix the issue. Here, you will find the easy guidelines that can help you to resolve the Gmail notifications not working error on your device. So, keep reading and proceed further with the easy troubleshooting steps.
Why do Gmail Notifications Not Work?
There could be a number of possible reasons due to which you may encounter a “Gmail notifications not working” error on your device. The most common problem can be a system bug, or you may have internet connectivity issues.
There are chances that you may have disabled notifications in your Gmail app. System optimization can also prevent Gmail from sending notifications.
What are the Steps to Fix the Gmail Notifications Not Working Error?
It is quite frustrating to find that the device has failed to notify you about an email that has been sent out an hour ago. If the Gmail notifications not showing on an Android device, then the following steps can help you to fix the problem. Make sure that you follow the guidelines in the sequence as they have mentioned for the best results:
- On your Android device, open the Gmail application.
- Tab on the Menu bar from the left side of the screen.
- Go to the “Settings”.
- After this, you need to type on the account you would like to fix the notification settings for. Here, we would recommend you to perform the settings for all the accounts.
- Choose “notifications”.
- Tap the “All” option from the next screen.
- Tap the “inbox notification” from the account screen in the notification section.
- After this, you have to tap on the checkbox present next to the notification type that you would like to receive. For example- if you want your Android device to vibrate when receiving the Gmail notification, tap the “Vibrate” option.
- Repeat the same steps for your other Gmail accounts in the application.
Now the Gmail notification settings have been adjusted for your account. After this, you can proceed next and configure your device. Make sure that you have turned off the “battery saver” option on your Android device, as this could be the reason that your Gmail app is not showing you any notification.
However, if you still want to keep the “battery saver” option turned on, you need to exclude the Gmail application from optimization itself to conserve the battery.
- Open the device settings on your Android.
- Go to the “Apps and notification” section.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on the “special app access” option.
- Click “Battery Optimisation”.
- Click the “All Apps” option.
- Choose the “Gmail” app.
- Choose “don’t optimize”.
- Hit the “Done” button.
- Go to “Apps and notification”.
- Now, Choose the “Gmail” app.
- Hit the “notifications” option.
- From here to check all the notifications have been enabled.
- Get back to the previous screen and choose the “storage and cache” option.
That’s All! Hopefully, after following these instructions, the “Gmail notifications not working” problem would be resolved on your Android device. You should now receive instant notifications of emails from the Gmail application on your Android phone.
The steps below will help you to troubleshoot the “Gmail Push Notifications Not Working” error on the iOS device. The Gmail application on iOS works very much like an Android device. Here is what you need to do to enable the Gmail push notifications on your iOS device:
- Launch the Gmail app.
- Go to the “Menu” section.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Select the account for which you would like to fix the “notification settings”.
- From the “notifications” section, you have to select “All Emails”.
- Go to the “Device’s settings”.
- Make sure Gmail is allowed in the “notification” section.
After following these simple steps, you would be able to receive the Gmail notifications for all the emails on your iOS device.
Change the Settings for “Labels Sync” on your iOS Device:
- Open the Gmail application on your iOS device.
- Open the “Menu”.
- Select your Gmail account.
- Tap on the “notifications”.
- Turn on the notifications and set them as “high priority” only.
Other Troubleshooting Steps to Follow to Fix Notifications Not Working in Gmail App Error
1. Turn off the Power-Saving Mode
If the Gmail notifications not working on your device, you must turn off the power saving mode on it. Here are the steps you can consider to do so:
- Go to the settings on your device,
- Here you will see the battery saver option.
- Tab on the battery saver option in order to disable it.
- You can also turn off the “power saving” mode in the battery settings.
2. Update Gmail App
There are chances that you are using the outdated version of the Gmail application on your Android or iOS device that is causing you trouble. You must install the latest version of the Gmail application for the device to fix the problem.
- Open the supported applications on your Android or iOS.
- Go to the update section.
- Look for the Gmail application here.
- Hit the “Update” button.
- Wait and let the application get updated.
3. Reset the Gmail App
Sometimes a simple reset is all you need to fix the problem. Here are the steps you will follow to reset the Gmail application. Go to the “settings”:
- Click the “Apps and notification”.
- Check the list of applications and find the Gmail app.
- Click on the app, choose the “disable” option.
- Re-enable it.
4. Force Stop the Gmail App
- Go to the “settings”.
- Click “app send notifications”.
- Now, Click “Gmail”.
- Click “Force Stop”.
5. Uninstall and Reinstall the Gmail Application
If none of the above helps you to fix the Gmail notifications not working error for your Gmail account, you can simply uninstall the application, and Re-install it on your device.
- Go to the “settings”.
- Choose “Apps and notification”.
- Scroll down to check the list of applications and find your Gmail app.
- Click to uninstall the application.
- Once the application is successfully uninstalled from your device, visit the supported application store and re-install the application.
So these are some simple troubleshooting steps that can help you to fix the “Gmail notifications not working” error on your Android as well as the iOS device. Emails are important to communicate regarding many important activities that happen in a day. People are now dependent upon emails to execute many of their important day-to-day work tasks.
We hope that the steps above will help you to troubleshoot the Gmail notification error on your device. The provided troubleshooting guidelines are easy to follow, however, if you are still not receiving the notification on your device for emails, it is highly recommended to contact the Gmail support team. The professionals can help you to figure out the problem and share the best solution to fix it.