How to Backup Gmail to Hard Drive Easily?
As we all know, Gmail provides a lot of features. It also allows you to store their emails and documents, whether pictures, videos, or PDFs. It provides a free space of 15 GB to store. But when the Gmail free space gets full, you are not able to store any new items or emails. So you have to back up Gmail, and the best option is to save it on the hard drive. Users also backup Gmail to hard drives to protect their information. So, in this blog, we will know anyone can back up their Gmail data to a hard drive.
Why Backup Gmail Emails to Hard Drive?
You might want to download a backup Gmail to hard drive for many reasons. Here are eight reasons why you might want to do this:
- Keep a local copy of your emails if something happens to your Gmail account.
- For backing up your emails before you delete them from Gmail.
- When moving your emails from one Gmail account to another.
- Import your Gmail emails into another program, such as Microsoft Outlook.
- For making a backup of your Gmail emails in case you accidentally delete them.
- To share your Gmail emails with someone who doesn’t have a Gmail account.
- View your Gmail emails offline.
- Search your Gmail emails offline.
How to Backup Gmail to Hard Drive?
There are many reasons; as we mentioned above, it may be a good idea to save Gmail emails to hard drive. Maybe you’re worried about losing important emails if your Gmail account is hacked. You may want to keep a backup of your emails if Gmail ever goes down or loses data. Or maybe you want to be able to access your emails offline. Whatever the reason, backing up your Gmail to a hard drive is a good way to protect your emails. Now go with the following solutions and save the Gmail emails:
Also Read: Sent Items not Showing in Outlook
Solution 1: Use Google Takeout
There is no single answer to this question, as the process may vary depending on the email service and the method used to backup Gmail to hard drive. However, some general steps that may be followed to backup Google email to hard drive using Google takeout are as follows:
- First, the user should log in to their Gmail account and then click on the settings icon in the screen’s top right corner.
- Next, the user should click on the ‘See all settings’ option in the drop-down menu.
- Once the ‘Settings page opens, the user should scroll down to the ‘Accounts and Import tab and click on it.
- Next, the user should click on the “Import mail and contacts” option located under the ‘Accounts and Import’ tab.
- On the next screen, the user should click on the ‘Import mail and contacts” option again.
- A popup window will appear, asking the user to enter their Gmail password. The user should enter their password and then click on the ‘Sign in’ button to backup Gmail to hard drive.
- On the next screen, the user should select the ‘Google Takeout’ option located under the “Import mail and contacts” section.
- The user should click the ‘Create Archive’ button on the screen’s bottom.
- Once the archive is created, the user should click on the ‘Download’ button. 10.
- The user should select the location where they want to save the archive and click on the ‘Save’ button.
Also Read: Gmail Not Receiving Emails
Solution 2: Save as a PDF
There is no built-in feature to save all Gmail emails to hard drive. However, you can use Google Drive to convert emails to PDFs. Following are the steps to backup Gmail to hard drive as a PDF:
- Log in to your Gmail account and open the email you want to save as a PDF file.
- Click the More options icon (three dots) and select Print.
- In the Print window, select the Destination as Save as PDF.
- Click the Save button to save the email as a PDF file on your computer.
Solution 3: Use Outlook to Backup Gmail to Hard Drive
Another method to learn how to backup Gmail emails to computer is using Outlook. Outlook will save the Gmail emails in PST format. Now, let’s initiate the backup process:
- Firstly, open MS Outlook.
- Then, choose the File menu followed by Account.
- After that, provide your details – Name, Gmail Account, and third-party app-generated password.
- Click on the Next icon, and the Outlook-Gmail linking process will start.
- After the lining, click on Finish.
- In the next step, click on the File menu again.
- Then, choose Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- From the Import/Export, choose Export to a File and click on Next.
- Here, choose Outlook Data file (PST) and then click on Next.
- Now, choose the file or folder to export. Click Next.
- At last, check for the Replace Duplicates and then click on Finish.
Also Read: Gmail Not Sending Emails On Windows
We can conclude this article by saying that email backup is necessary, especially if you are a business owner and want to keep your data safe. And we have shown you how to backup Gmail to hard drive in three ways, both of which are easy to follow. You can use any method to back up Gmail emails to the hard drive. And you can use any of them according to your convenience. But we suggest you use the first method because it is more convenient and easier to follow. Also, if you are facing any trouble doing that, you can contact us, and we will help you. Thank You!