5 Best Steps to Fix ‘Sent Items not Showing in Outlook’ Problem
The Outlook email services are trusted by millions of users worldwide. It is known for sharing the most reliable, user-friendly, and quality imaging experience. It is easy for users to operate the outlook email services, however, there can be instances in which use and make face troubles with their Outlook email account. One of the most common problems reported by email users is sent items not showing in Outlook.
When a user sends an email and attachment using the Outlook account, it gets saved in the sent items folder by default. Sometimes the users are unable to find those items in the sent folder, but there is no need to worry as you can easily find the sent emails on your Outlook mail account with some simple steps.
In this guide, we are going to share easy instructions to troubleshoot sent items not showing in Outlook email errors. So if you are unable to find the sent items in the sent folder of your Outlook account, proceed with the steps below and find the emails quickly.
Related Post:- How to Refresh Outlook
Why are Sent Items not Showing in Outlook?
If you can’t see Sent items in the Outlook folder, the following reasons can be the culprit.
- The abruptly closing of your Outlook account can be the reason that you are unable to find sent items in the sent folder.
- Your Outlook email does not have enough storage space.
- You have disabled the sent items folder option for your Outlook account.
Related Post:- How to Backup Outlook Emails
Steps to Fix Sent Items not Showing in Outlook Problem
1. Choose an Alternative Folder for Sent Emails
If you can’t see Sent items in Outlook sent folder, you can also select the alternative folder where you can keep the record of sent emails.
- Open the Outlook email with the click on the “New email option“.
- Click on the Options menu.
- From the drop-down list, click on “save sent item“.
- Select the “other folder” option.
- Click on the New option to set a new folder where you can save your sent items.
- Once you are done, hit the Ok button.
2. Delete the Old Emails from the Sent Folder Item
When your storage capacity is full, you cannot see the emails, and this could be the reason why sent items are not showing in Outlook sent folder. So, it is recommended to delete the old emails to make enough space to save the recently sent emails. Here are the steps you can follow to delete the old Emails.
- Right-click on the “sent item” folder.
- Go to the Properties section.
- Select the “auto-archive” tab.
- Click on “archive this folder“.
- Customize the “clean out items older than” option according to your preference.
- Hit “permanently delete old items“.
- Hit the Ok button.
3. Enable the ‘Save Copies of Email in Sent Items Folder’ Option
If you have enabled the save copies of sent items folder option on your Outlook account, you choose to save the copy always of any item that you have sent. With the following instructions, you can choose to save the copies of emails in the sent folder item.
- Open the Outlook account.
- Go to the File section.
- Click on the Options.
- Click on the Mail.
- Scroll and select the Save Messages section.
- From here you can check ‘save copies of messages in sent items folder‘.
- Click on the ok button.
4. Disable Cached Exchange Mode
The cached exchange mode is responsible for providing access to the emails in the Outlook account, even if your device is not connected to the internet. This mode saves the files in the hard drive of your system in an OST file format. If the size of the OST file is bigger than the defined size, it can corrupt your email and its folders.
Therefore, you need to repair the corrupt files. Disable cached exchange mode to fix the Outlook sent items missing problem on your account.
- Open a Microsoft Outlook account.
- Go to the File section.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Select your account and click on the ‘change‘ tab.
- Uncheck the ‘Use cached mode‘ option under the offline settings.
- Restart the Outlook application and all the changes you have made will be saved.
Although, enabling the cached exchange mode is a great option as it allows the users to work even without Internet access. Since all the files are stored in the OST format on the hard drive, oversized OST can corrupt the files. Continue reading to know how to fix the corrupted OST files.
5. Recreate Outlook Profile
If you are still unable to fix sent items not showing in the Outlook error on your account, you can recreate your Outlook profile and start using the services again.
- Open Outlook application.
- Go to the File section.
- Click on the Account Settings.
- Click on the Manage Profiles option.
- The mail setup dialogue box will appear on your screen.
- Click on the ‘Show profiles‘ option.
- The list of profiles that are set up presently will appear on your screen.
- Click the add button.
- Once you are done hit the Ok button.
- The Add account dialogue box will show up on your screen. Here you need to type your name and email address along with the password for the new profile.
- Hit the Next button.
- Close the outlook and restart.
Related Post:- How To Repair Outlook PST files
So these are easy troubleshooting steps that can help you to fix sent items not showing in Outlook on your device. All the mentioned troubleshooting steps are easy to follow and surely help you to figure out the solution to the problem.
While sending the email, make sure that you send them properly. Keep the backup of your Outlook data, so if your Outlook profile crashes or data gets corrupted, you can always have access to the older emails. Make sure that you have enough space in your Outlook account, you must delete the unwanted emails and attachments from the account.
We hope that the above mentioned steps help you to figure out the solution to your problem. But if you are still having trouble, do not hesitate to contact the Outlook support experts and get a piece of professional assistance.