Top 8 Fixes For Mac Mail Not Working Issue
Are you tired of an event like mac mail not working? Try these solutions suggested by our technical experts!
Lately, Mac came with an update, and after an issue with mac mail has been raising its effect. Many mac users complain about the same problem and are looking for a simplified guide.
Thus, to help those users and you, we brought you this guide that covers all causes of the error mail not working on Mac.
Also Know, Solutions For :- iPhone Email Not Updating
Sign & Symptoms of Mac Mail not Working
These are the significant signs and symptoms of an issue occurring in Mac. Go through these points to know if your mac mail is not working.
- Unable to launch mac mail since its last updates
- Mac crashes or freezes as launched
- Mac running slow
- Mail folder went missing
Hence, try these troubleshooting steps before moving on to the next section:
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection.
- Try another browser and load the app. It will ensure you if the issue is with the app only.
- Set the correct time and date on your Mac.
If you are experiencing any of the points above, the solutions are worth trying.
Also know, Solutions For:- Verizon email not working
Fix the Issue – Mail Not Working on Mac
First, try to apply the standard solutions. These may help you fix the issue of Mail not working on Mac. However, if these solutions fail and your Mac keeps crashing, try other solutions.
1. Restart the Mac Mail App
To restart the mac mail app,
- Press the Option Command-Esc.
- A force quit menu will appear.
- Now, select the option Mail to exit the app.
- After that, reopen the app and check the Mail.
If it still troubles you, try the next solution.
2. Restart Mac
First, head to the Apple menu located on the top left corner to restart your Mac. Then, select the option Restart. After that, check the Mac Mail app to see if the issue is resolved or move to the next solution.
3. Open Mail in Safe Mode
Following the safe mode, you can identify if the software is causing an issue with the mac mail app not working. Along with that, it cleans the cache and repairs disks.
Go straight with these steps:
- Turn off your Mac and wait for a few seconds.
- Now, turn on your Mac.
- As the startup window appears, release the power button.
- Press and hold the shift key after you select the startup disk.
- Select Continue in Safe mode.
- Release the Shift key.
Steps for Intel-based Mac:
- Repeat the first three steps.
- When the login window appears, release the Shift key.
- Login again if needed.
- When you see the option Safe Boot, select it to open the Mac Mail in safe mode.
4. Delete Saved Mail States
To delete the saved mail states, you need to enter it into your hidden library folder.
However, first backup the folder mentioned in the steps for the future.
- Launch Finder and go to the folder.
- Hold the Option key and then select Library to launch these folders.
- Go to the Containers.
- Then, select ‘com.apple.mail‘ following the option Data.
- Then choose Library and tap on the Saved Application state.
- After that, move the folder “com.apple.mail.savedState” into Trash.
- Clear the Trash folder and try to restart mac mail again.
5. Check, If Mail Folder is Missing
If the mail folders go missing, the issue of the Mac mail app not working arises. But, you can fix it following the steps mentioned below:
- Open your Mac Mail App.
- Then, head to the Window located in the top menu.
- Select Connection doctor and see if it displays a problem connecting the mail app.
- Next, re-check account settings by removing and re-adding the Mail.
- Test the mac mail app.
6. Check that Mac Mail is Running Slow or not
Is your Mail consuming a long time to send and receive messages? Then, it might be overloaded with surplus bytes of information. Fix it by merging mail windows. Following are the steps below:
- Tap on the option Mail.
- Then select windows.
- Now, select the option “Merge all windows.”
Also, remember to close windows that are not in use. It reduces the impact on your Mail’s memory.
7. Turn on the Junk Filter
If you junk messages or emails in your inbox, it occupies your Mail’s memory. Also, it is one of the causes of Mail not working on Mac. Hence, It should be deleted and prevented from occurring. To do so, make sure you turn on the junk filter.
- Open Mac and select Mail.
- Click on Preferences following the option Junk Mail.
- Now, check if the option “Enable junk mail filtering” is selected.
- If turned on already, reset the mail app following the steps mentioned in Fix 1.
- Else, enable it and check for the issue.
8. Update Your macOS
If you haven’t installed the latest macOS updates, try this.
- On your mac screen, tap on the apple icon.
- Then, select the option System Preferences.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Update Now/Upgrade Now.
- Update Now to install the latest updates for your current version of macOS.
- Upgrade Now to install the major new version.
Mail Starts Working but not Received Mails
If your mac mail app has started working, you can send Mail. However, check your spam folder if you can’t receive the Mail or some specific emails.
If those emails are located in a spam folder, change their label so you can receive them in your inbox.
With this guide, we hope that the issue of mac mail not working is resolved. It is a common problem and has several solutions. But, those mentioned above are the most useful and easy solutions. Nonetheless, if you still get the issue and can’t receive the Mail, connect with email support professionals. This can be a grave issue that requires technical help.