How to Resolve Outlook Not Working on iPhone Error
Today, most iPhone users prefer to use Outlook on their iPhones. The Outlook app for iPhone acts as a central place, giving you access to your calendars, events, and contacts. Nut sometimes, technical glitches like Outlook not working on iPhone arise, making it impossible for users to access information from the Outlook app. If you are facing this problem, you must know that there are various ways to resolve it. In fact, some fixes are so simple that even a newbie can perform them. Let’s find out more about what to do to make Outlook work properly on your iPhone again.
Easy Fixes for Outlook Not Working on iPhone
Listed below are three easy fixes for Outlook email not working that don’t take more than a few minutes. It’s possible that after using them, you won’t need to bother performing any more troubleshooting.
1. Turn on notifications for Outlook.
Many users don’t give permission to Outlook for giving notifications. In that case, you will not get emails in the notification center.
Just go to ‘Settings’ on your iPhone. In the ‘Notifications’ menu, locate ‘Outlook’ and turn on its notifications toggle.
2. Go to the other inbox.
Outlook has a focused inbox, which can filter your emails based on your priorities and show only important ones. Other emails go into the ‘Other’ inbox. So, launch the Outlook app on your phone and click on ‘Other’ tab beside focus. You may find your emails here.
3. Disable the Do Not Disturb and Airplane mode setting
If the ‘Do Not Disturb’ setting is active, you won’t get any message notifications. It can make you wonder why is your Outlook app for iPhone not working. Disable the setting by going to the ‘Setting’ section. Touch the ‘Do not Disturb’ option. Disable it for some time and enable it after you get all your emails.
Resetting the Airplane mode can also help you in bringing back the network. Just go to ‘Settings’ and tap on the ‘Airplane’ mode. Turn it on and off.
Other Fixes for Outlook Mail Not Working on iPhone
Have you tried the fixes above but are still bothered by the problem? Here are some other measures to use.
Enable synchronization of Outlook on iPhone
Enabling Outlook syncing with iPhone will make you get all the updates pertaining to the calendar, email, or anything else. Here’s how to enable sync settings.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ on your device and choose ‘Password & Accounts.’
- Click on the problematic Outlook account.
- Tap the Mail Days to Sync’ option.
- Check the ‘No Limit’ box.
Full guide of iPhone calendar not syncing with Outlook read this post if the calendar is not able to work.
Rectify the settings for fetching new emails
When you notice your Outlook not working on iPhone, it can be because of a problem in the email fetch settings. Perhaps you have not switched on the Fetch New Data.
To turn it on, go to ‘Settings’ and look for the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ option. Tap this option, followed by the ‘Fetch New Data’ option. Enable the ‘Push’ setting. These actions will make your Outlook push new messages from the server to your Apple device. Thus, you can access new emails whenever they land in your inbox.
Configure Date and Time to Automatic
Do you find Outlook not opening on iPhone? Here’s an effective yet simple solution to fix this issue.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Once there, tap ‘General.’
- Locate the ‘Date & Time’ option and tap it.
- Now click ‘Set automatically.’
- Start your iPhone again and ensure it is properly linked to the internet.
- Launch Outlook on your phone and see if it is working properly.
Clear Browser Cache
If you find Outlook not loading on iPhone, it can be because of the accumulated cache in your browser. Use these steps to clear your cache and make your Outlook app load properly.
- In the ‘Settings’ section, tap ‘Safari.’
- Then tap ‘Advanced’ followed by ‘Website data.’
- Next, click ‘Remove all website data.’
- Tap ‘Remove now.’
- Open the Outlook app and see if it loads.
Update your iPhone
Keeping iPhone software up to date will minimize issues you face working with various apps. After updating your iPhone, it’s possible that you won’t face any Outlook problems.
- In the ‘Settings’ section, choose ‘General.’
- Now, go to ‘Software update.’
- After an update shows, tap ‘Download and Install.’
Read Also: Outlook App Not Syncing with Android
Many users complain that the Outlook app not working on iPhone when they are unable to send and receive emails. Reinstalling the application will help you fix this issue.
- You can attempt reinstalling the Outlook application on your iPhone if you cannot send or receive emails.
- On your iPhone, tap the Outlook app till it jiggles.
- Touch the (x) symbol at the top of the icon.
- It will remove this app.
- Head to the App Store and install the app again.
- Now open it and see if you can send and receive emails.
Read Also: Outlook Contacts Not Syncing with iPhone
Delete Outlook account
Another fix to try when you find that your Outlook stopped working on iPhone is to delete the mail account. Afterward, re-add the account, log in and see if you can send and receive emails.
- Head to the ‘Settings’ of your iPhone, and locate the ‘Mail’ option.
- Click this option, followed by tapping on ‘Accounts.’
- You’ll see all your mail accounts.
- Choose Outlook.
- Tap ‘Delete account’ followed by ‘Delete from my iPhone.’
- Now add the Outlook account again.
Turn on the notifications for Outlook inboxes.
Sometimes, forgetting to configure Outlook to notify you for Focused and Other inbox alerts leads to this problem. So, the best solution is to check if you’ve enabled notifications for these inboxes.
- Launch Outlook on your iPhone.
- Now, tap the ‘Home’ symbol.
- It will open ‘Settings.’
- Choose ‘Notifications.’
- Now, touch ‘Focused’ and ‘Other Inboxes.’
- After doing so, you will find the Outlook app giving you notifications whenever new messages come into these inboxes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Outlook not working on iPhone?
There are various reasons for this common issue. They include:
- You haven’t enabled notifications for Outlook inboxes.
- Outlook is not syncing with iPhone.
- Excessive browser cache.
- Your iPhone software is obsolete.
- Data and time are not set as automatic.
- An issue with your Outlook account.
If Outlook notifications not working you can read this post and easily fix them.
How to reset Outlook on iPhone?
Resetting an Outlook account in iOS is a simple process. Open Outlook and adhere to this procedure.
- Click on your profile icon on the top-left part.
- Now click the ‘Settings’ gear icon. It’s present on the lower-left portion.
- Choose the account having problems under the ‘Accounts’ tab.
- Finally, click the ‘Reset account’ button.
Why is my Outlook email not updating on my iPhone?
There is no definite reason for this issue. You can implement these fixes when you find Outlook Mail not working on iPhone and access new ones.
- Refresh your Mail app – Open the inbox, scroll your finger down the screen till a spinning wheel appears, and release it.
- Toggle on and off the Airplane mode – The instructions for doing so are mentioned in the solutions above.
- Reset network settings – Head to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘General.’ Tap ‘Reset iPhone’ and then ‘Reset network settings.’
The Bottom Line
It can be quite inconvenient to find your Outlook not working on iPhone. But these fixes will help you troubleshoot various glitches in the app and its settings. If you need additional assistance, seek the support of an email technical expert.